Weehawkin Ferry

cruisenanny

Has anyone recently taken the Weehawkin ferry to get to their NYC cruise ship? How was parking at the ferry, the walk or cab ride from the ferry drop-off to the cruise terminal, etc.. Worth the trouble vs spending the $240 to park at the cruise terminal for 8 nights? Thanks for your help!

if you do take the Weehawkin ferry, you will need to find a parking lot to use that will allow you to park for more then 5+ days. The parking lot near the ferry, only allows day parking

Maybe this has changed? There is overnight parking at the port Imperial terminal for $10 per night, no limit as to how many nights. I was just wondering what others have experienced going this route & if they thought it was worth it..

I take the ferry from Weehawken almost every day..you can leave your car there as long as you want as long as you are willing to pay the $10 per day. You can easily grab a cab on the NY side to the port. If you don't have tons of luggage you could walk it but I would spend the few dollars for the logistics and take the cab it is so much easier.

We took it 2 years ago because my daughter who was dropping us off does not like driving in the City. My daughter dropped us off and picked us up so we did not park in Weehawken, but it certainly is cheaper than parking at the pier and you do not need to pay the tunnel toll.

The ferry is ramped so rolling luggage on was no issue. I would have walked from the ferry, but was concerned about my sister pulling her luggage so we took a cab. However, I believe that the free ferry bus will also take you most of the way there because its route goes from the ferry terminal up 12 Ave to 50th street before turning east.

We took it 2 years ago because my daughter who was dropping us off does not like driving in the City. My daughter dropped us off and picked us up so we did not park in Weehawken, but it certainly is cheaper than parking at the pier and you do not need to pay the tunnel toll.

The ferry is ramped so rolling luggage on was no issue. I would have walked from the ferry, but was concerned about my sister pulling her luggage so we took a cab. However, I believe that the free ferry bus will also take you most of the way there because its route goes from the ferry terminal up 12 Ave to 50th street before turning east.

It is less than $10 to take a cab it is foolish to do it any other way.

I took the ferry from Lincoln Harbor in 2010. Easy as "heck". It was a nice day so we just walked over to the cruise terminal. Ten minutes is all it takes. You'll be saving $20 dollars a day in parking fees compared to parking at the cruise terminal...

I took the ferry from Lincoln Harbor in 2010. Easy as "heck". It was a nice day so we just walked over to the cruise terminal. Ten minutes is all it takes. You'll be saving $20 dollars a day in parking fees compared to parking at the cruise terminal...

But the Lincoln Harbor Ferry only runs on weekdays so make sure you go to Port Imperial in Weehawken. Also no long term parking in Linclon Harbor.

Archived