Freedom of the Seas Cabin 7708

grbgmth

@ CruiseLover15 - Thanks, I've been checking the shore excursion reservation section for Labadee for the last month when I first heard about the cabanas, but it always says "Inquire Onboard" instead of "Reserve Now". I'm going to keep checking daily between now and our departure date of 9/30 in case it opens up. I may just have to head right to the excursion desk when I get on board, I'll also look into getting put on the waiting list for the Barefoot Beach Club cabanas in case there are any left after the suite guests have their chance to get them. CONGRATULATIONS on the new Marine! Semper Fidelis! Parris Island or San Diego? My son has been in for 6 years.

I hope you will be able to get one, good luck. He finished at Paris Island in March of this year. He is now stationed at Camp LeJeune.

I hope you will be able to get one, good luck. He finished at Paris Island in March of this year. He is now stationed at Camp LeJeune.

We ended up getting a hill top cabana on Barefoot Beach. Took your advice and went straight to customer service when we got on board. All of the ones at Nellie's Beach were taken, but they were taking names for a waiting list for the cabanas on Barefoot Beach in the event they did not all go to the Suites guests. We got lucky, and my wife loved it. Worth every penny.

Also, regarding the corner aft balcony....OMG... we LOVED it! So much that we re-booked the same trip for next year in the same cabin. We did have an issue on the last day at sea when the crew fired up what I assume is an emergency diesel generator down below and we ended up engulfed in thick black smoke as we ran from the balcony into the stateroom... I think it might be good for them to warn people before firing that up... but didn't let it ruin our vacation and we'll obviously be in the same cabin again...if it happens again, we'll move inside the instant we hear it start up, before the smoke starts. :-)

My son also went to LeJeune after boot camp, he was there for almost 5 years until he re-enlisted and changed jobs. Semper Fidelis.

We ended up getting a hill top cabana on Barefoot Beach. Took your advice and went straight to customer service when we got on board. All of the ones at Nellie's Beach were taken, but they were taking names for a waiting list for the cabanas on Barefoot Beach in the event they did not all go to the Suites guests. We got lucky, and my wife loved it. Worth every penny.

Also, regarding the corner aft balcony....OMG... we LOVED it! So much that we re-booked the same trip for next year in the same cabin. We did have an issue on the last day at sea when the crew fired up what I assume is an emergency diesel generator down below and we ended up engulfed in thick black smoke as we ran from the balcony into the stateroom... I think it might be good for them to warn people before firing that up... but didn't let it ruin our vacation and we'll obviously be in the same cabin again...if it happens again, we'll move inside the instant we hear it start up, before the smoke starts. :-)

My son also went to LeJeune after boot camp, he was there for almost 5 years until he re-enlisted and changed jobs. Semper Fidelis.

Semper Fidelis!!!

Barefoot beach is wonderful!!! I am so glad you were able to get a cabana there. We also had a hillside one there and absolutely loved it. Love the deck 7 corner afts as well and it is great to hear the lounge chairs are back. I think you were really lucky to get that cabin again just booking a year out.

Hey, maybe you should by a lottery ticket.;)

Semper Fidelis!!!

Barefoot beach is wonderful!!! I am so glad you were able to get a cabana there. We also had a hillside one there and absolutely loved it. Love the deck 7 corner afts as well and it is great to hear the lounge chairs are back. I think you were really lucky to get that cabin again just booking a year out.

Hey, maybe you should by a lottery ticket.;)

OOPS, I meant buy a lottery ticket:)

We did have an issue on the last day at sea when the crew fired up what I assume is an emergency diesel generator down below and we ended up engulfed in thick black smoke as we ran from the balcony into the stateroom... I think it might be good for them to warn people before firing that up... but didn't let it ruin our vacation and we'll obviously be in the same cabin again...if it happens again, we'll move inside the instant we hear it start up, before the smoke starts. :-)

Scared the crap out of you too, didn't it? It sure did us. :)

Tim

• 1 month later...

Hi Spicester, I have tried to open the photo links, but they do not work on Safari or on Firefox. Did you maybe move the albums on Photobucket? It could just be a temporary glitch with Photobucket, but if you did move the albums, could you please repost the new link? :)

• 1 year later...
I just booked 7708 on Liberty. I hope it's as good as everybody says:D

You will LOVE it. I had 7408 on FOS, and I don't think I'd ever book another room on a Freedom or Voyager class ship.

Just curious, how many did you book in the cabin? The reason, we'll be in 7408 (FOS) for the second time on our upcoming cruise, and like Fitzget decided these 2 would be the cabins we wanted every time, but now I'm reading that we may not be able to with only 2 of us, due to the future changes? Still not clear on it and wasn't going to worry about it until we go to book our next cruise, but wanted to ask. Maybe not true on the Liberty, or I am not understanding the changes......either way ENJOY! 7408 was awesome.

Just curious, how many did you book in the cabin? The reason, we'll be in 7408 (FOS) for the second time on our upcoming cruise, and like Fitzget decided these 2 would be the cabins we wanted every time, but now I'm reading that we may not be able to with only 2 of us, due to the future changes? Still not clear on it and wasn't going to worry about it until we go to book our next cruise, but wanted to ask. Maybe not true on the Liberty, or I am not understanding the changes......either way ENJOY! 7408 was awesome.

I booked with only 2, but I had them put a notation on my account not to move me. What are the future changes you're speaking of?

Edited by Fitzget

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1989282&highlight=category+changes

I guess it's not until the 2015 sailings, I thought it was all cruises that were booked after a certain date (in March?), (I think I am confusing it with the C&A and/or NCC changes, I'm new to RCCL and all these changes have my head spinning). Anyway, they are changing the categories and it looks like 2 people will not be able to book a room that sleeps 3/4, until much closer to the sailing date, giving the larger parties a chance for those cabins first. So, we will probably never experience 7408 or 7708 again, SO glad we already have it booked once more :)

A reason to REALLY enjoy it!

I like aft cabins. I've had them on Voyager, Serenade corner grand suite, Emerald Princess suite and Costa Atlantica corner. They are usually quiet because there should only be residents back there. It's very nice to sit and watch the wash and relax.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1989282&highlight=category+changes

I guess it's not until the 2015 sailings, I thought it was all cruises that were booked after a certain date (in March?), (I think I am confusing it with the C&A and/or NCC changes, I'm new to RCCL and all these changes have my head spinning). Anyway, they are changing the categories and it looks like 2 people will not be able to book a room that sleeps 3/4, until much closer to the sailing date, giving the larger parties a chance for those cabins first. So, we will probably never experience 7408 or 7708 again, SO glad we already have it booked once more :)

A reason to REALLY enjoy it!

We are only 2

• 2 years later...
Do you get any sun on the balcony for 7708? I don't get the excitement for this cabin? Please explain. But it's available for our sailing.

You get just as much sun as you would on any other balcony. It all depends on which direction the sun is coming from. All the excitement comes from the fact that the balcony is HUGE.

Do you get any sun on the balcony for 7708? I don't get the excitement for this cabin? Please explain. But it's available for our sailing.

Maybe these images will help you understand the excitement... This is 7408, which is the same size, on the opposite side of the ship.

4dcf77dde7ad66dcebbeeb066f900fe8.jpg

68a25978e054a533f67ed333e05ca5c5.jpg

41451f7cab9bc4a448d613ba2bcaa56a.jpg

480ed5d890aec28cd6cb68dcb5e0c0ad.jpg

The red arrow indicates where 7408 is. 7708 is on the port side.

6e18f712813ceec8b284a5532e8f7e2d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums