BMG for kids

debra69

I think it was one of the highlights of my 6 year old's life. He found it wild and hilarious. I enjoyed watching him watch the show. It is very loud and there are lots of flashing lights at the end. (Was less great for me as a migraine sufferer.) I would not bring a child under 4 to most theater shows unless they were specifically geared towards kids (like Sesame Street Live or a Disney show).

Wow, imagine--and there's a thread on here now where many seem to think that one year olds shouldn't even be on a cruise. :( Much less enjoy entertainment.

And as you can now see, several here with first hand experience seem to feel the same way, too young. Sorry.:rolleyes:

I think kids enjoyed Blue Man more than adults. The older you are it seems the more people dont like it or question what it is about.

I dont think kids age 1-5 would be patient enough for any show but young kids and especially teenagers love the show. In fact, the first few rows are usually filled with the teenagers covered in plastic and hope to be splashed. This is the Vegas style show for kids. I must say, the kids that were around me at the show (approx age 9-14) loved the show and were laughing so hard and had a blast.

rssullivan--yes, they are responding to the question regarding a child going to an SHOW--and of course most people think a one year old is too young. My comment was regarding the notion that a one year old going to a show was being discussed--when on another thread whether or not the child should even be on a cruise was being discussed.

Two different things. Please, I respectfully ask you, do not attempt to distort my very clear meaning and the very clear distinction between those two issues.

And in answer to the OP, I began to take my children to shows when they were able to watch and enjoy--they did go to Blue Man Group here in Boston at around age 4. And they loved it. But that does not mean that all children can sit through something at that age. I would go early and try to get a seat where you can make an easy exit. I personally would not take a one year old, but that is a parent's decision as there is no rule against it. One parent above noted that their two year old loved it.

Archived