Another Annoying Noobie Drink Package Question

PS90

Hi guys,

We have a cruise booked for December and are trying to decide on whether or not to buy the Premium Non-Alcoholic drink packages or not. For me, latte/cappuccino-type coffee is absolutely essential, and the main reason I would get this package.

Therefore, I have been perusing the menu from Cafe al Bacio, I see listings for things such as "Espresso ai Frutti di Bosco", "Espresso Craccante", and "Espresso Melba" (among some other weird things I've never heard of). Apparently, these items have fruit and granola and stuff mixed in - so I'm not even sure if these are drinks, or some kind of dessert.

So, the question: Are these offerings at Cafe al Bacio included in the Premium NA drink package? They actually are listed in the beverage package sticky, but there is no specific mention of whether they are included or not.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Hi guys,

We have a cruise booked for December and are trying to decide on whether or not to buy the Premium Non-Alcoholic drink packages or not. For me, latte/cappuccino-type coffee is absolutely essential, and the main reason I would get this package.

Therefore, I have been perusing the menu from Cafe al Bacio, I see listings for things such as "Espresso ai Frutti di Bosco", "Espresso Craccante", and "Espresso Melba" (among some other weird things I've never heard of). Apparently, these items have fruit and granola and stuff mixed in - so I'm not even sure if these are drinks, or some kind of dessert.

So, the question: Are these offerings at Cafe al Bacio included in the Premium NA drink package? They actually are listed in the beverage package sticky, but there is no specific mention of whether they are included or not.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

All these coffees are included in the premium alcohol package. I know as I tried them all on Solstice the other week!

Peter

All these coffees are included in the premium alcohol package. I know as I tried them all on Solstice the other week!

Peter

Awesome. Thanks very much for the info, Esprit! Are they any good? It almost sounds like these are some kind of coffee-flavored-parfait-type thing.

I assume that they are also included in the Premium NON-alcohol package as well, since they aren't alcoholic, correct?

Hi guys,

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

We were on the Equinox in January and I pre-purchased the Premium non-alcoholic package. I, too, need my cappuccino fix several times a day and had no problem. They will prepare you whatever type of coffee, cappuccino, espresso, etc. you desire and to the strength you desire. The drinks are somewhat comparable to Starbucks. Sometimes, I would get two at a time to keep from having to come back for a refill. The coffee in the MDR is tolerable but cannot compare the al Bacio. Since I also drink diet soft drinks, it was a one stop shop for me. Price paid for the package was well worth it. I would say that the cruise line broke even or lost money on my package.;)

We were on the Equinox in January and I pre-purchased the Premium non-alcoholic package. I, too, need my cappuccino fix several times a day and had no problem. They will prepare you whatever type of coffee, cappuccino, espresso, etc. you desire and to the strength you desire. The drinks are somewhat comparable to Starbucks. Sometimes, I would get two at a time to keep from having to come back for a refill. The coffee in the MDR is tolerable but cannot compare the al Bacio. Since I also drink diet soft drinks, it was a one stop shop for me. Price paid for the package was well worth it. I would say that the cruise line broke even or lost money on my package.;)

Thanks so much for the post. I am going to use the package exactly as you did - lattes and diet pop. All day. Constantly. :D

PS90:

I don't know if you have sailed Celebrity or not but our cruise in January was our first on Celebrity. It was, by far, the best cruise we had ever been on. The ship was immaculate. The crew was very attentive and helpful. And the fellow passengers were cordial and, for the most part, fun to be around. I am disabled and use a mobility scooter and was treated better on Celebrity than any other cruise line thus far.

Tom

PS90:

I don't know if you have sailed Celebrity or not but our cruise in January was our first on Celebrity. It was, by far, the best cruise we had ever been on. The ship was immaculate. The crew was very attentive and helpful. And the fellow passengers were cordial and, for the most part, fun to be around. I am disabled and use a mobility scooter and was treated better on Celebrity than any other cruise line thus far.

Tom

That's great to hear! What ship were you on? I too have always thought Celebrity's service and ambiance was better than the rest. Glad you had a great cruise.

I have been on Celebrity a few times, but this cruise coming up is all new in many ways - we've never been on an S-class ship, we've never been in an AQ room, and we've never had a beverage package before. Looking forward to a new experience!

PS90:

We were on the Equinox (S-Class). We were also in AQ handicap access balcony. We took the 11 day ultimate Caribbean this past January to Cozumel, Honduras, Costa Rico, Colombia, the Cayman's and Panama Canal. Great ports of call. There were six of us and between all of us probably took 2,000 or more pictures.

PS90:

We were on the Equinox (S-Class). We were also in AQ handicap access balcony. We took the 11 day ultimate Caribbean this past January to Cozumel, Honduras, Costa Rico, Colombia, the Cayman's and Panama Canal. Great ports of call. There were six of us and between all of us probably took 2,000 or more pictures.

Nice! We are on Solstice in AQ - nearly identical to yours. Glad you had a good trip, makes me look forward to it even more.

All of the coffees, juices, smoothies etc were included in the classic non-alcoholic package. For some reason this gets overlooked in most posts. So don't discount the CNA without some thought.

Had the premium alcoholic package on a cruise with lots of ship time. It was great on that trip, but would have been wasted on a busy med cruise.

Archived