bermuda-hurricane Katia

juliang

scheduled to leave from nyc on sunday on the veendam -4 1/2 days in Bermuda. but forecasts indicate hurricane might aim there or nearby.

any ideas or experience as to where the ship would go instead if it can't go to Bermuda?

According to the Bermuda sun (newspaper) Katia is not a threat http://bermudasun.bm/main.asp?Search=1&ArticleID=53993&SectionID=24&SubSectionID=898&S=1

I am on the same sailing as you. Most likely the ship would head north (canada/new england) if this changes.

Laura

We were diverted from Bermuda last September due to Igor. We went to Charleston, SC, Port Can., Fl., and then Bahamas. As of the website 'Bermudashorts.com" under tropical update it does read that Katia is a threat to Bermuda at this time. Of course this changes day to day and as it gets closer hour x hour. Anyones' guess at this point. I will say, HAL did not make it known or maybe the decision wasn't made until the last possible second, until we were under way that we would be heading to SC first, however, anyone who thought that we'd be heading to Bermuda with a hurricane make a direct hit on them within the hours was only fooling themselves. We had a good time and HAL made good amends for something that was out of their control. See you on the boat, we're trying again this weekend (9/4) with of course ANOTHER hurrican flirting with our trip ! Dang!!! I have got to plan better :o

I do not believe that this system will directly impact Bermuda.

At this time, at least one cruise line, NCL, thinks there is enough of a chance for it to impact Bermuda that it has decided to divert today's (9/4) Norwegian Gem Bermuda cruise to Florida and the Bahamas instead.

At this time, at least one cruise line, NCL, thinks there is enough of a chance for it to impact Bermuda that it has decided to divert today's (9/4) Norwegian Gem Bermuda cruise to Florida and the Bahamas instead.

It's more that Hurricane Katia will affect the path they take from NYC to Bermuda, not that it will necessarily affect Bermuda I think.

It's more that Hurricane Katia will affect the path they take from NYC to Bermuda, not that it will necessarily affect Bermuda I think.

Actually, if affects anything, according to the current forecast it might affect the cruise back to NY, not the cruise to Bermuda. What confuses me about NCL's decision is that would also appear to potentially be in the ship's path coming back from its revised itinerary in the Bahamas.

Archived