Can someone explain the difference range in the mini suites?

jdmaillet

Hi

I've cruised Disney, RCI & Carnival and trying Princess in Jan. I'm getting ready to book but am confused by the differences in Mini-suites. I understand it's about different decks etc, but was wondering if someone could tell me, if it's worth booking a higher end mini? And, what floors would be the most or least desirable and why? We are looking at the Ruby Princess Jan 29th sailing. I'm also tempted to book a guarantee but want to get some opinions first. Any info would be appreciated...

Thanks!

Jenn

Jenn

If you have any issues with motion sickness then I would not book a guarantee but pick a mini suite in the center of the ship. If you pick a guarantee then Princess can put you in a mini suite any where they have availability at the category you paid for or higher. Yes you are right. The cost is based on what deck you are on but I think more importantly is the location on the deck. The closer to the center of the ship the more you will pay. As far as the cabins I would say they are pretty much the same except for the balconys but I'm sure someone else on the board can fill you in on that.

The interior of the mini suite stateroom will be the same, no matter where it is located. The normal balcony size (except for a few select far aft minis on some ships) will be 9 ft X 7 ft. The only difference is the location. I agree, with a guarantee you could be assigned a mini suite far forward (not too great if you have problem with motion sickness), or even far aft. If you would like a more stable location, midship would be the best. These will be the higher priced mini suite, category AA.........but check the AB's also, as right next door to the AA's you will find the AB's and it might save you by booking an AB.

If you would like a mini suite with a totally covered balcony, the only ones that are offered are those towards the aft on Emerald Deck. All of the minis on Dolphin Deck have no cover over the balcony and are exposed to the elements, along with being exposed to those passengers on their balcony above.

Also, keep in mind that Princess does still allow discounting by travel agents. So, the price you may see on the Princess website can be beat by a good discount TA. ;) Good Luck!

Thanks so much for the information. One additional question. I don't have any issues with motion sickness. But... just for clarification. If for some reason I absolutely hated the location, can I pay the extra to change? Or with a guarantee, are you just stuck no matter what?

If there are cabins avail in the same class after assignment, or lower, you can change. If you want to move up it will be at the full rack rate.

Thanks so much for the information. One additional question. I don't have any issues with motion sickness. But... just for clarification. If for some reason I absolutely hated the location, can I pay the extra to change? Or with a guarantee, are you just stuck no matter what?

Archived