Wine

jackjoyus

Yes, you can bring wine onboard. No limit. If brought to the dining room, you will be charged a $15 corkage fee. Your cabin steward will provide you with clean wine glasses and a corkscrew, though we bring our own opener. You can also order glasses through room service or stop by any bar and pick some up.

Yes, you can bring wine onboard. No limit. If brought to the dining room, you will be charged a $15 corkage fee. Your cabin steward will provide you with clean wine glasses and a corkscrew, though we bring our own opener. You can also order glasses through room service or stop by any bar and pick some up.

Just to clarify a bit further, if you walk into the diningroom carrying a glass of wine, that is perfectly alright. It doesn't matter whether you bought it at a bar or poured it in your room.

• 2 weeks later...

Even though I printed the Princess Alcohol policy, which clearly states one bottle per port per person is allowed, for the purser on our trip our wine was still confiscated at the first port which was Brisbane on our 28 day around Aussie trip.

This is not only extremly embarrasing but also really annoying and we will never cruise again unless our rights are clearly stated before we depart. I also doubt we will use Princess either.

In this case Princess is clearly WRONG.

Even though I printed the Princess Alcohol policy, which clearly states one bottle per port per person is allowed, for the purser on our trip our wine was still confiscated at the first port which was Brisbane on our 28 day around Aussie trip.

This is not only extremly embarrasing but also really annoying and we will never cruise again unless our rights are clearly stated before we depart. I also doubt we will use Princess either.

In this case Princess is clearly WRONG.

Instead of complaining here, write a nice letter to corporate. An email is even better. Obviously there's something wrong on the Dawn and you might be the one to fix it. Or perhaps this was an isolated incident on that particular sailing. Whatever it was, please send that email and let us know what happens.

Archived