Talk to me about my first suite

ohitssunshine

We originally booked a balcony cabin for our upcoming cruise. We got a call giving us the option to upgrade to a suite for $190. It's only a 3 day cruise, but we had a little extra money and decided lets try it! Now I understand you get the VIP boarding. Anything else? Will our luggage be there sooner? Will our rooms be ready sooner? Anything??

We booked V15 which is a junior suite. Any info would be appreciated! We figure if we really enjoy having it this time, we might book 2 for our family getaway in February.

You will get VIP boarding but your suitcases and/or cabin will be ready just like everyone elses. The luggage is loaded and delivered according to deck and location. It would be impossible for them to just deliver VIP luggage all over the ship first then deliver everyone elses. Personally I think they do a great job of delivering all that luggage as well as they do! That's got to be a tough job.

I hate to burst your bubble, but it looks like you are sailing on a Fantasy class ship (V15 'suite'). Your cabin will be some bigger than a regular cabin, but the balcony will be tiny. Very narrow - if you sit facing the ocean, your knees will be up against the railings. There will be no privacy - there is a deck right below you, and an observation area over the bridge on your level that looks right back on your balconies. No tub, just the usual shower. EM

EM, above, is right. The cabin is a bit bigger, 220 sq ft v. 185 sq ft but the balcony is kinda small. Carnival says it's 30 sq ft. Balconies on other classes of ships are pretty much 35 sq ft or larger.

You will have the tub, VIP boarding and debark... which is very nice.

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.

:)

I hate to burst your bubble, but it looks like you are sailing on a Fantasy class ship (V15 'suite'). Your cabin will be some bigger than a regular cabin, but the balcony will be tiny. Very narrow - if you sit facing the ocean, your knees will be up against the railings. There will be no privacy - there is a deck right below you, and an observation area over the bridge on your level that looks right back on your balconies. No tub, just the usual shower. EM

Sorry to agree. This describes the suite we booked 2 years ago, exactly. We are balcony cruisers and there were none available, so we booked a suite at a much higher cost. We were celebrating our 50th anniversary, after all. The cabin was somewhat bigger and we did get VIP embarking which was no big deal, as we were with a group who didn't.

The balcony, however, was a joke. Exactly as described, it was a tight sqeeze just to sit down. We figured it was just the luck of the draw. On our last cruise we had the best balcony ever, large and more private than we've have ever had on any ship and it was just described as a regular balcony. So you never know for sure. Good luck to you!

Well, just for the record, in defense of the Fantasy class, when they were first built, they were 'state of the art', as were the Holiday class before them. Twenty one years ago, the average passenger did not demand a balcony. Suites were rare. Certainly, times have changed. EM

just booked an OS on the Valor, looking forward to the VIP boarding more than anything...the balcony will be a little longer than a regular balcony also, no deeper though. GF is looking forward to the tub, that is how I talked her into it. I just wanted the extra room and VIP boarding. Can't wait until I have 10 cruises and get Platinum so I have it no matter what I book.

Well, just for the record, in defense of the Fantasy class, when they were first built, they were 'state of the art', as were the Holiday class before them. Twenty one years ago, the average passenger did not demand a balcony. Suites were rare. Certainly, times have changed. EM

This is so true for just about everything in life...

Sorry to agree. This describes the suite we booked 2 years ago, exactly. We are balcony cruisers and there were none available, so we booked a suite at a much higher cost. We were celebrating our 50th anniversary, after all. The cabin was somewhat bigger and we did get VIP embarking which was no big deal, as we were with a group who didn't.

The balcony, however, was a joke. Exactly as described, it was a tight sqeeze just to sit down. We figured it was just the luck of the draw. On our last cruise we had the best balcony ever, large and more private than we've have ever had on any ship and it was just described as a regular balcony. So you never know for sure. Good luck to you!

We are balcony lovers as well, coupld you please tell me What ship and what room # please?! :)

So true!

I remember my first V cabin on the Fantasy class--It was heaven!

Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you for all of the feedback! We took the deal because we wanted the VIP boarding- we always like to get on there as soon as we can! And the extra space and balcony will be perfect since we have never had it before!

If you don't mind my asking...what ship and sailing are you on? I am on the Imagination in October and noticed that the V15 is the only Jr Suite available. I am in V11...we could be neighbors :D

Just went to my sailing & checked...that room is still available so I guess we wont be :(

We are balcony lovers as well, coupld you please tell me What ship and what room # please?! :)

Yes, it was carnival splendor, cabin 8204...all the way forward. We were late bookers and according to the TA, it was the last balcony stateroom left. We had never had a cabin so far forward before and were a little apprehensive. However, we were pleasantly surprised. The balcony couldn't have been more private.

Only when standing at the rail, you could lean over a bit and see the bridge and sometimes one or more of the crew. I would wave and they would wave back. It was a great way to start each morning, before our morning balcony coffee. :)

Archived