Booking a Cruise in Sept

gsp158

If the ship has to change it's itinerary due to weather (especially missing ports), they will usually:

1. Make the missed port day an at-sea day or

2. Substitute a different port, depending on berth availability, etc. at alternate ports.

The ship will always take measures to avoid bad weather for the obvious safety reasons.

We are leaving shortly on the Elation. I figure 5 days going in circles in the ocean is better than being at work :). I will be happy as long as I get on board.

Wish I were with you. Even with the recent Hurricane Irene it appears that Carnival handled the weather issues swiftly and without harming the cruisers.

Have a great time!!!

We have done 3 cruises so far during hurricane season and adding number 4 this Sept. Just booked a cruise for the 22nd. We haven't had any problems with hurricanes during those cruises. Can it happen of course, but the way I see it is a chance you take.

If you are one of those people that are not flexible with schedule or only have certain vacation days then maybe cruising during hurricane season is not a good ideal.

My husband and I work for our selves, so if you are back a few days late its not big deal.

Archived