Halloween on board the Sapphire Princess

Mimg Pao

We will be sailing on the Sapphire on Oct. 22 on a 28 day cruise. This is the first time we are sailing during Halloween. We have been on board several times during Christmas and New Year's and I was wondering how Princess celebrates Halloween. Of course, I don't expect the same level of festivities but some celebration would be nice.

Lynne

Princess Elite Passenger

We will be sailing on the Sapphire on Oct. 22 on a 28 day cruise. This is the first time we are sailing during Halloween. We have been on board several times during Christmas and New Year's and I was wondering how Princess celebrates Halloween. Of course, I don't expect the same level of festivities but some celebration would be nice.

Lynne

Princess Elite Passenger

We were on the Dawn on Halloween a few years ago and they did have pumpkin carving in the atrium in the afternoon and they decorated the atrium with Halloween decorations for the day. I don't recall anything else. Many of the passengers dressed in costume in the evening---don't know if there was a costume contest. We even saw one stateroom door with a "treat" bag taped to it in case anyone wanted to contribute.:D

Lynne

Princess Elite Passenger

Most ships put on a big celebration for Halloween. The Atrium is decorated as are most of the bars. Our waitstaff was in costume that night. There was a costume contest and a significant number of passengers were in costume. 'Twas a lot of fun...

2994439828_c4135c2f24_z.jpg

Sapphire Princess - Halloween 010 by RickEk, on Flickr

2993640893_885a21e049.jpg

Sapphire Princess - Halloween 067 by RickEk, on Flickr

2993665351_a5928aaa27_z.jpg

Sapphire Princess - Halloween 094 by RickEk, on Flickr

We were on the Caribbean Princess in 2009 and I was amazed at the number of costumes and their size. Some of them required their own suitcase! There was a party in Club Fusion (evening) and a parade with prizes for the top 3 costumes. There are some cruisers who take this repo cruise every year and plan for the Halloween event. The crew is encouraged to dress up and join the parade, too. I enjoyed watching this unfold and got a good chuckle at the enthusiasm of the participants.

Lynne

Princess Elite Passenger

Lynne, We both have our costumes all ready and waiting to be packed for this upcoming cruise. Bring one along and join the party. :)

Could we expect to see costumes, contests and other Halloween related festivities on our cruise in the Mediteranean next October, or would this be something more confined to US departure cruises?

We were on the Crown from Quebec to FLL a few years ago (while not Europe and we ended up in the US). Halloween was a port day in Boston. We went to the dining room that night, and very few people were dressed up that night (staff or cruiers). They did have parties but I didn't think the ship did as much as some of the other ships that people mentioned above. Maybe because it was very port intensive cruise and a port day...... It also didn't help that we had to pack for snow (Quebec) and for warm (FLL) - it is possible people just didn't have space to pack costumes.

Lynne

Princess Elite Passenger

We boarded on this ship the day of Hallowean. The cc group all dressed up like eggs!!! (we chose not to!). Hubby and I did wear a subtle costume. I had devil ears and he had a mustache/glasses partial face. Alot of folks did dress up and there was a costume party. The winner was a chest of drawers!!! Amazing how people packed some of these outfits!It was quite fun and I know the staff loved it too! Have fun!:D

A few years ago, we sailed on an NCL cruise that actually left on Halloween. (I know this is Princess, but it's still an idea.)

My kids were disappointed that they were going to miss trick or treat, so I organized one via the CC roll call. I asked if anyone else with kids was interested in joining in a trick or treat, and asked them to private message me with their cabin number if so. We had many families participate, and even some who didn't have kids but wanted in on the fun. Shortly after embarkation, we all got together on deck, and I handed out a list of the cabins that had agreed to participate. The kids had a set time to go out and get treats from those folks.

Everyone had a blast, some people really did it up, with scary stuff when they opened their cabin doors, etc. And, everyone who saw the kids dressed up and trick or treating had a smile for them. :)

We were on the Sapphire last year at Halloween. Quite a few of the cc members dressed up at one of our meetings we had and all the staff in the dining room were dressed up. Our beautiful waiter (female of course) was dressed as a red devil and her husband (a table captain) was dressed as a vampire. The staff got more into it than the passengers did. There was also a neat display in the atrium with carved pumpkins and all the other Halloween decorations.

A few years ago, we sailed on an NCL cruise that actually left on Halloween. (I know this is Princess, but it's still an idea.)

My kids were disappointed that they were going to miss trick or treat, so I organized one via the CC roll call. I asked if anyone else with kids was interested in joining in a trick or treat, and asked them to private message me with their cabin number if so. We had many families participate, and even some who didn't have kids but wanted in on the fun. Shortly after embarkation, we all got together on deck, and I handed out a list of the cabins that had agreed to participate. The kids had a set time to go out and get treats from those folks.

Everyone had a blast, some people really did it up, with scary stuff when they opened their cabin doors, etc. And, everyone who saw the kids dressed up and trick or treating had a smile for them. :)

You are brilliant! I bet that was one of their favorite Halloweens.

I will also be on the Oct. 22nd cruise. Some people on our thread are dressing up. And others not so much.

I bought a cute top that has a cute Halloween theme with crystals on it and I am going to be on the look out for another one with a Halloween theme on it.

WCC

I have one of these... would this count as Halloween themed?? :)

yhst-13942113699170_2175_22710995

We were on the Sapphire for Halloween last year. The main rooms and bars were decorated (as was our door), there was a display of carved pumpkins in the Atrium. Most of the staff were dressed in some form of Halloween costume , even in the main dining room, so much so that they were more interested in taking each others photos than serving....this resulted in extremely slow service and we ended up leaving before our main course arrived!!!! as we were attending the passenger fancy dress party. At the party about 30 people were in costumes which ranged from quite elaborate bought ones, made on board (grecian/roman using bed sheets)simple stuff (t shirts, pirate hats etc)Not all costumes were halloween related and children were allowed to participate. There was a competion for the best costume,which was won by a ´bought in´outfit ...man in long black cloak with hood, black trousers and white plastic face mask.

Get into the spirit and enjoy

Sandy in Spain

I will also be on the Oct. 22nd cruise. Some people on our thread are dressing up. And others not so much.

I bought a cute top that has a cute Halloween theme with crystals on it and I am going to be on the look out for another one with a Halloween theme on it.

WCC

When we left on our cruise on Halloween, I bought a cute green t-shirt that said Boo! on it, and wore that onto the ship. Unfortunately, the green was the same color as the screen they used for the embarkation pictures, so when our picture showed up I looked like the ship was sailing right through my chest and my head was floating above it!

When we left on our cruise on Halloween, I bought a cute green t-shirt that said Boo! on it, and wore that onto the ship. Unfortunately, the green was the same color as the screen they used for the embarkation pictures, so when our picture showed up I looked like the ship was sailing right through my chest and my head was floating above it!

That sounds like the PERFECT Halloween picture to me. :D

• 1 month later...

Archived