what was your favorite cupcake at the cupcake cupboard?

I have such a sweet tooth and I looooove cupcakes. I am sacrificing desserts until I cruise in November. I plan on taking the decorating class at the cupcake cupboard but I also intend to indulge in one cupcake a day. I would love to know what your favorites were. since I am only getting one a day, I will have to be choosey;)

Red Velvet and the Chocolate with Chocolate icing!!:rolleyes:

I have such a sweet tooth and I looooove cupcakes. I am sacrificing desserts until I cruise in November. I plan on taking the decorating class at the cupcake cupboard but I also intend to indulge in one cupcake a day. I would love to know what your favorites were. since I am only getting one a day, I will have to be choosey;)

Which ship is this cupcake cupboard on?? Please tell me it is on all of them!:p

I was told by a baker that the Red Velvet cake was their top seller.

I love when the cut the cupcakes into little slivers and offer samples so you can taste them. The orange creamsicle cupcake was very good.

I love when the cut the cupcakes into little slivers and offer samples so you can taste them. The orange creamsicle cupcake was very good.

We haven't decided if we are going to eat in chops yet, we may just eat at portofinos twice. I wonder if they would go to chops and get me a red velvet cake?

OK ABOUT THESE SAMPLES. Do they have them all the time or do you just have to be there at the right time?

Oh sorry pattyd227, they don't have a cupcake shop on Mariner. Maybe one day, but not yet. Just allure, oasis, freedom, does anyone know if the other freedom class ships have one?

I vote also for Orange Creamsicle. I don't like cake and cupcakes but this was wonderful

A little info about the bacon cupcake. My dh heard about so he had to have and asked each day when they would have it. I think it was on the third day. It was an apple spice cake with cream cheese frosting and bacon on the top. My husband ate the whole thing. I passed. Maybe we should post pictures.

Bacon on a cupcake? That doesn't sound even remotely good. It must be a man-thing.

A couple years ago we tried chocolate-dipped bacon at the state fair. Know what we learned? One serving of that stuff'll feed a whole scout troop -- with some left over. Really, no one took more than two bites.

Bacon on a cupcake? That doesn't sound even remotely good. It must be a man-thing.

No, it's a fad thing in the foodie world. Bacon and chocolate and well just about bacon and anything is trendy right now. I'm curious to know was it chocolate and bacon? Or was it more like pancakes, bacon and maple syrup? I'm looking foward to seeing and trying it in February regardless of what combination it is... bacon makes everything better. :)

**edit** found a description of it in another post. maple flavored batter w/ maple cream topping and Bacon Crumbles around the outer edge of frosting

Judging from the responses here, Red Velvet seems to be the winner. I suspect it has to do with the fact that it's not an "everyday flavor". I, however, am one of the few Southerners who doesn't love that coveted cake. It's okay, but I prefer a true milk chocolate.

Red Velvet's a difficult to bake cake -- in the hands of an inexperienced baker, it often comes out a touch "bitter". Back when I used to bake professionally, I created a White Velvet cake (a nice name brings in bigger prices). More creamy and moist than a plain vanilla, it was a huge seller for wedding cakes. And I paired it with cream cheese icing.

Royal Caribbean, are you listening?

Here's what I'd like: A trio of TINY cupcakes. Let me pick my three. I'd pay $3 for a taste of three flavors more quickly than I'd pay for one full-sized cupcake. Of course, that's not practical -- cupcakes are labor-intensive, and making three tiny cupcakes is more work than making one full-sized. The materials'd cost the same, but the time required would be greater.

No, it's a fad thing in the foodie world. Bacon and chocolate and well just about bacon and anything is trendy right now. I'm curious to know was it chocolate and bacon? Or was it more like pancakes, bacon and maple syrup? I'm looking foward to seeing and trying it in February regardless of what combination it is... bacon makes everything better. :)

**edit** found a description of it in another post. maple flavored batter w/ maple cream topping and Bacon Crumbles around the outer edge of frosting

I'm intrigued too, though pancakes/bacon/maple syrup says "muffin" more than cupcake -- and although the two share a shape and size, they have completely different tastes.

I'm tempted to say that I can't imagine bacon and maple together, but we do enjoy sausage links with maple syrup inside -- and that is similar to bacon.

I'm tempted to say that I can't imagine bacon and maple together, but we do enjoy sausage links with maple syrup inside -- and that is similar to bacon.

I've loved bacon dipped into my syrup from pancakes since I was little. It's delicious that way. Hormel sells maple cured bacon in the stores and so do other brands. It might be more regional though.

Make sure you ask them for the Cupcake a Day card...buy 6, get one free! Just off the Oasis yesterday...I loved the cupcakes...some of the cakes were a little dry but the frostings were awesome! They told me the carrot cake was their most popular...it was really good...I think my fav was the Turtle...you also have to try the Bubble Gum one...where else can you get that? Oh and the peanut butter cup one....

Have a great cruise...make sure you report back which one was YOUR favorite! :)

The cost for the card is $15 then?

Make sure you ask them for the Cupcake a Day card...buy 6, get one free! Just off the Oasis yesterday...I loved the cupcakes...some of the cakes were a little dry but the frostings were awesome! They told me the carrot cake was their most popular...it was really good...I think my fav was the Turtle...you also have to try the Bubble Gum one...where else can you get that? Oh and the peanut butter cup one....

Have a great cruise...make sure you report back which one was YOUR favorite! :)

Someone asked on page 2 about the donuts. They were a huge disappointment on Oasis. We had a boardwalk balcony cabin and I got all excited when I saw the donut shop. I had dreams of donuts and coffee every morning. My dd and I went to get one - we both took a bite and tossed them. Everyone else seemed to have the same reaction. Don't know if they were just old donuts and they were having a bad day or if it is always this way. The pasties/donuts in the dining room were a million times better.

kathy

They did have smaller "mini" cupcakes that I believe were $1, but only had chocolate and vanilla- no special flavors
No, no, no! If I want plain flavors, I'll go to the Windjammer. I'd like cupcakes that're just 1-2 bites /a nice variety of flavors!

Actually, if you're buying one a day...it would cost $16.50.
Is this card a "punch card" so you can buy one a day and get one free after so many punches? If you're doing a back-to-back, and you get one cupcake every other day or so, can the card "hold over" to the second week?

Archived