How obstructed is my balcony?

Shelli

We're sailing this Sunday on the Pride out of Baltimore. I booked an inside GTY and last week we were upgraded to a 9A premium balcony. However, it's an obstructed view due to lifeboats. We're in cabin 5243-- is anyone familiar with it? Just how obstructed is the view?

Honestly, we'll be happy no matter what-- heck, we expected an inside!

Now if we can only get Tropical Storm Maria out of the picture...

CATEGORY 9A

Each stateroom has a large balcony whose view is obstructed by the roof of a lifeboat (and davits).

Obstructed by Lifeboat

The roof of the lifeboat is somewhat level with the balcony floor; therefore, while sitting on the balcony, you have an ocean view when looking straight ahead but an obstructed view when looking down.

Starboard: 5241 5243

We're sailing this Sunday on the Pride out of Baltimore. I booked an inside GTY and last week we were upgraded to a 9A premium balcony. However, it's an obstructed view due to lifeboats. We're in cabin 5243-- is anyone familiar with it? Just how obstructed is the view?

Honestly, we'll be happy no matter what-- heck, we expected an inside!

Now if we can only get Tropical Storm Maria out of the picture...

We have 6279 on the Miracle booked for November, and this room is identical to 5243, just one floor lower. You have a low profile lifeboat in front of your balcony, but it will only come up to the railing, so while you will be able to look out, you will not be able to look directly down to the water.

You landed a great room ! Enjoy your cruise.:D

We had an obstructed balcony on the Miracle last year. I must say I was not so pleased with it. The life boat took up most of the view, aside from a small area where we could look straight out. It depends on your cabin and where the life boat happens to be situated. You can go to google.com and click on images and try and find pics of cabins with obstructed view so that you can get an idea of what to expect. One nice thing is, that you can open your door and get the fresh air and ocean sounds unlike just an oceanview cabin.

We had an obstructed balcony on the Miracle last year. I must say I was not so pleased with it. The life boat took up most of the view, aside from a small area where we could look straight out. It depends on your cabin and where the life boat happens to be situated. You can go to google.com and click on images and try and find pics of cabins with obstructed view so that you can get an idea of what to expect. One nice thing is, that you can open your door and get the fresh air and ocean sounds unlike just an oceanview cabin.

You must have in front of 1 of the 3 first lifeboats (tenders). Those sit higher than the rest of the lifeboats (the bump on the roof is for the driver), including the OP's.

Does anyone have infoon the legend 4150 obstucted view? If someone that has stayed in that cabin ~ Could you please post a picture of 4150 and the obstructed view. we have never stayed in one & are very curious we need to book change our booking tomorrow so ASAP if possible

Thanks a million!

Does anyone have infoon the legend 4150 obstucted view? If someone that has stayed in that cabin ~ Could you please post a picture of 4150 and the obstructed view. we have never stayed in one & are very curious we need to book change our booking tomorrow so ASAP if possible

Thanks a million!

Never stayed in a 4k, but have visited people who stayed in them. And for the cost of an interior, I would take it. You get to open the doors and at least get a breeze.

Here is a link to cabin #4153 (Even though the description says 5a, it is a 4k). Your view will be similar since your cabin doesn't look like it is in between 2 lifeboats.

That sounds more like one of the 4Ks and not the category 7 or 9A balconies. We had a 4K on a Spirit class ship, and the lifeboat blocks almost the entire view, unless you're between lifeboats, but the French doors open up to get fresh air and sunlight. There's a railing outside, but it's not a balcony, and you cannot go out there. The category 7 & 9A balconies, which is what the OP was miraculously assigned to, has a legitimate balcony. You can go outside & not just lean outside. These sit one floor higher than the 4Ks. The lifeboat does not completely block the view; the top of it stops at the balcony railing, giving a clear view outward. It'll be just like Rosefloater's pic. The 4Ks (like what you & I had) are on deck 4, while the category 7 & 9A balconies (the OP has a 9A) are on deck 5.

Archived