Paying ships account with travellers cheques

Warrior Princess

This past spring, we used travellers cheques to pay part of our account on the Island Princess. There was absolutely no problem. We did have them in US currency.

Hope you have a great cruise!!!!

We have always carried Traveller's checks and cashed them in for cash and paid the entire onboard bill. Have a fun cruise!

Have just seen something on a thread asking about cashing travellers cheques saying that one cruise line does not allow you to pay your bill with them anymore, does Princess still allow this as we have purchased dollar travellers cheques specially to pay our ships account

I'm a creature of habit so I still use travellers cheques. Had no problems using them on every princess cruise I've sailed on.....:):):)

Bob

Just returned from the Grand Princess sailing the Med. No problem using Travellers cheques in US dollars. I always do that to minimize the amount on my credit card because the credit card companies charge 2-2.5 percent fee for foreign currency transactions.

If you want to apply travellers cheques to your account the best time is late at night or on a port day when everyone else is off the ship. The Pursers Desk is usually quiet then. Do not wait until the last day of the cruise as you will wait in line with everyone else.

Archived