Heald: New Loyalty Program

happy cruzin

OK I think the 10 cruise is best, no matter how you got them.

It would really suck for some one with 8 cruises under their belt and 2 planned for next year to be screwed under this new system.

LOL! Your are pretty much describing me. By the end of the year my husband and I will have 6 Carnival Cruises with a total of 43 days. We do not live near a port, so a cruise is a pretty big deal for us.

Could someone please explain the "tier" system? How many days for what level and what does it all mean?

LOL! Your are pretty much describing me. By the end of the year my husband and I will have 6 Carnival Cruises with a total of 43 days. We do not live near a port, so a cruise is a pretty big deal for us.

Could someone please explain the "tier" system? How many days for what level and what does it all mean?

It means nothing. I means that some people were randomly selected for a survey from Carnival (happens from time to time) on the NAMES of POTENTIAL tier levels and POTENTIAL look of new cards. It was merely a question of those two things. Examples were given as to the levels and what they could POSSIBLY mean, that is all.

---no perks were announced

---no program actually announced

---how it compares to the current program wasn't even touched upon.

After some of the people who received the survey chose to publish something that was ....JUST A SURVEY, as true facts and a change in policy, John Heald was forced to quell the ensuing madness but saying that people would not be losing anything and would be grandfathered in.

What does it mean.....nothing - it means that during a random survey that was meant for people to fill out and return themselves without fanfare was instead posted as a change in policy.

IMHO - they need to send surveys to people who will do what they ask - fill out their survey and return it without posting it on the internet. I hope they are more careful who they send it to the in the future.

Ignore my question. I just read all of the pages and found my answer. Doesn't look good for us. Frankly, there will no longer be a rush to book again with Carnival. Guess we'll continue exploring other lines after our next Carnival trip in December '11.

It means nothing. I means that some people were randomly selected for a survey from Carnival (happens from time to time) on the NAMES of POTENTIAL tier levels and POTENTIAL look of new cards. It was merely a question of those two things. Examples were given as to the levels and what they could POSSIBLY mean, that is all.

---no perks were announced

---no program actually announced

---how it compares to the current program wasn't even touched upon.

After some of the people who received the survey chose to publish something that was ....JUST A SURVEY, as true facts and a change in policy, John Heald was forced to quell the ensuing madness but saying that people would not be losing anything and would be grandfathered in.

What does it mean.....nothing - it means that during a random survey that was meant for people to fill out and return themselves without fanfare was instead posted as a change in policy.

IMHO - they need to send surveys to people who will do what they ask - fill out their survey and return it without posting it on the internet. I hope they are more careful who they send it to the in the future.

Unless......the intent was to test the waters to see how such a change would be received. :cool:

And - for the record - Host Mach is the one that mentioned the grandfathering plan LONG before it was ever discussed by John Heald ;).

Ignore my question. I just read all of the pages and found my answer. Doesn't look good for us. Frankly, there will no longer be a rush to book again with Carnival. Guess we'll continue exploring other lines after our next Carnival trip in December '11.

It has taken Carnival 2+ years of saying that changes are "on the way" for the loyalty program - so there is NO REASON to believe that this will happen anytime soon ;)!

Unless......the intent was to test the waters to see how such a change would be received. :cool:

And - for the record - Host Mach is the one that mentioned the grandfathering plan LONG before it was ever discussed by John Heald ;).

I believe my point has been missed, the point is:

--There is NO program that has been announced

--There is No policy change in force at this time

--Everything is speculation based on a random survey

Explain how you can "grandfather in" anyone to a policy or program that does not exist?

I am a writer who deals in facts, and I see no "facts" here. I write articles that are "fact based" and books and articles that are fiction. I know the difference between the two, and a random survey is not policy or fact and the interpretation of it's meaning is also speculation. It has fueled pages of speculation, but the bottom line is today and tomorrow, the loyalty program that has been in place remains, and there has been no announcement of what the new program will even be.

Posting something on an internet message board does not make it true and there are countless threads started every day with inaccurate information. I have written extensively of that very phenomenon for years, and I suspect that writing about fictional versus factual, and the ensuing fallout on message boards will continue to be a lucrative venue for writers ;)

People have been cruising on carnival for a long time and things are just fine, so now you have some bonehead trying to make things complicated for the average people who work hard for their money just to take a cruise .We have had many group cruises and all of us say the same thing.....if they change this we will just stop cruising and do the all inclusive resorts.

OK I think the 10 cruise is best, no matter how you got them.

It would really suck for some one with 8 cruises under their belt and 2 planned for next year to be screwed under this new system.

I've got 7 and hoped to get in a couple of cruises this fall and then become Platinum on the Breeze next summer. Under this program, I will be at 9 and won't get it on 1/1/12.

Might have to rethink this.

Has the question of who gets grandfathered in been answered?

DH and I are platinum.

But our kids have 6 or 7 cruises each.

It seems like all current past guests should be grandfathered in.

You know, like in college you stay with the catalogue you start with so that they can't keep changing things up on you?

From your lips to the beard's ears;)

I am getting close with 7 cruises and 56 days on Carnival but will slide backwards if they go to a 75 day. Otherwise, I would have to get in 3 cruises before year end?

As you know - it's not usually a case of "demanding special treatment".

When any cruise line says that they intend to reward loyalty - THAT is what is expected, it is not an expectation special treatment but an expectation to get what has been promised by the cruise line.

Carnival's inconsistency with providing those "perks" - or lack there of, in many cases is well documented. That frustration is often what is posted here....in reference to the loyalty programs. :cool:

If Carnival did not promise such perks....or could manage to ensure the perks for all who qualify - on every ship, every time, then alot of the concerns by CC posters regarding the loyalty programs would be addressed.

Sorry but I agree with Carnival. Cruise Critic groups should be treated the same as any other group, no special treatment.

Most non Cruise Critic people who cruise Carnival more then once do so because they like the product.

"Carnival's inconsistency with providing those "perks" is just another Cruise Critic issue along with things like dress codes and smoking. Most people don't cruise for the perks.

To an outsider it's seems like the one thing you all enjoy is endlessly complaining no matter what cruise line it is.

BTW I have 11 Carnival cruises with 3 more booked.

Explain how you can "grandfather in" anyone to a policy or program that does not exist?

I am a writer who deals in facts, and I see no "facts" here. I write articles that are "fact based" and books and articles that are fiction. I know the difference between the two, and a random survey is not policy or fact and the interpretation of it's meaning is also speculation. It has fueled pages of speculation, but the bottom line is today and tomorrow, the loyalty program that has been in place remains, and there has been no announcement of what the new program will even be.

Posting something on an internet message board does not make it true and there are countless threads started every day with inaccurate information. I have written extensively of that very phenomenon for years, and I suspect that writing about fictional versus factual, and the ensuing fallout on message boards will continue to be a lucrative venue for writers ;)

You miss the point of the Cruise Critic boards.

Facts have nothing to do with anything out here.

The point is rumors, opinions and complains are the backbone of the boards.

Once you understand that the boards can be quite entertaining and enjoyable.

After next week, I will be ready to book my first milestone! I am honestly excited about the 25% OBC, hopefully doing the 15 day Hawaii cruise so it would be a great PERK. That being said, I love the priority embarkation and tendering we have been receiving and the other gestures are nice. If they took away some of the things they do, I wouldn't be thrilled, but the main reason we have chosen to sail with Carnival is the value we receive for the product. Other lines with comparable products are usually priced higher. Otherwise, we would probably try them more often.

I think if people are truly dissatisfied with the product they should choose a different line. And, I have to say I think it is obnoxious and arrogant for people on here to think they are so important that all of the officers should make themselves available for an informal meeting. WOW, do you expect the Captain to invite you to eat with him on your flight? I read this thread to see if anything new had actually been decided, but instead I had to read through pages of complaints for no new information. There are so many "new" people that actually need information to assist them with their vacation, sure wish that's what they were receiving.

This whole survey may turn out to be a wonderful marketing gimmick.

It motivates past cruisers that are "close" to platinum to book several more cruises in the near future before a perceived or imaginary date to actually implement any changes.

If Carnival waits longer to actually announce a change, even more past cruisers become closer to platinum and are motivated to book more cruises.

I think the demand (and prices) for 3 and 4 day cruises will dramatically increase as past cruisers book a bunch of those cruises so that they can make platinum.

As a Carnival stockholder, I think this is a brilliant marketing gimmick

It motivates past cruisers that are "close" to platinum to book several more cruises in the near future before a perceived or imaginary date to actually implement any changes.

If Carnival waits longer to actually announce a change, even more past cruisers become closer to platinum and are motivated to book more cruises.

I think the demand (and prices) for 3 and 4 day cruises will dramatically increase as past cruisers book a bunch of those cruises so that they can make platinum.

Just for free laundry????????????

After next week, I will be ready to book my first milestone! I am honestly excited about the 25% OBC, hopefully doing the 15 day Hawaii cruise so it would be a great PERK. That being said, I love the priority embarkation and tendering we have been receiving and the other gestures are nice. If they took away some of the things they do, I wouldn't be thrilled, but the main reason we have chosen to sail with Carnival is the value we receive for the product. Other lines with comparable products are usually priced higher. Otherwise, we would probably try them more often.

I think if people are truly dissatisfied with the product they should choose a different line. And, I have to say I think it is obnoxious and arrogant for people on here to think they are so important that all of the officers should make themselves available for an informal meeting. WOW, do you expect the Captain to invite you to eat with him on your flight? I read this thread to see if anything new had actually been decided, but instead I had to read through pages of complaints for no new information. There are so many "new" people that actually need information to assist them with their vacation, sure wish that's what they were receiving.

Congratulations on your upcoming milestone!

With regard to meeting with the officers - I would NEVER expect Carnival to do that.;) I have attended Meet-n-Greets on both Celebrity and NCL where some/many officers did make an appearance. These people are not royalty, and if the cruise line determines that part of their job description is to make themselves available to the guests, for certain functions, I don't see where there is any problem with that. I have never asked any favors of them at meetings - though it was nice to chat with them a bit. Is that a requirement of having a great cruise? Of course not, but I appreciate the gesture.

Tom

Like when they announced in the spring of last year that rates were increasing in the summer... yep - marketing at work!

Tom

From your lips to the beard's ears;)

I am getting close with 7 cruises and 56 days on Carnival but will slide backwards if they go to a 75 day. Otherwise, I would have to get in 3 cruises before year end?

You will not be sliding backwards at all....if they do implement the new program and just say it starts on 1/1/13....if you take 3 cruises between now and then, you'll reach your 10 for platinum....if you only take 2 @ 7 days, you'll be at 9 cruises and 70 days, your 10th cruise will still put you over. You could even do an 8, a 7 and a 4 and those 19 days would equal the 75 needed once you add it to the 56 you have accrued.

Sorry but I agree with Carnival. Cruise Critic groups should be treated the same as any other group, no special treatment.

Most non Cruise Critic people who cruise Carnival more then once do so because they like the product.

"Carnival's inconsistency with providing those "perks" is just another Cruise Critic issue along with things like dress codes and smoking. Most people don't cruise for the perks.

To an outsider it's seems like the one thing you all enjoy is endlessly complaining no matter what cruise line it is.

BTW I have 11 Carnival cruises with 3 more booked.

But....I would ask that you go back and re-read my post. I was not referring to Cruise Critic groups - but rather "past guests" :rolleyes: ;)

I do not believe the point of your post was missed at all. True nothing has been announced. But.....just because it has not been announced does not mean the program does not exist.

The only people to mention the "grandfathering" concept were the "beards" to quote John Heald and Host Mach - having gotten information from someone at Carnival, I believe. So - THOSE people probably do know what the program is likely to be and how the grandfathering would - or would not - work.

Anything else posted here has been a opinion. And you know what they say about opinions....everybody has one! ;)

People have been cruising on carnival for a long time and things are just fine, so now you have some bonehead trying to make things complicated for the average people who work hard for their money just to take a cruise .We have had many group cruises and all of us say the same thing.....if they change this we will just stop cruising and do the all inclusive resorts.

....and that is certainly an option!

VERY true....for many reasons!

Archived