Price drop with a sold out cruise? Any chance?

homeinboca

homeinboca-

I see your upcoming cruise is on the Emerald. Pricing on the Emerald 10 night cruises this year has been very unusual, very different compared to past years. We have not seen the large, pre-final payment price drops that we saw last year, and, in fact, as others have mentioned, the New Years cruise price just keeps climbing and climbing and most categories are waitlisted. Why the difference? I think it relates to Princess doing away with true 14 night itineraries on the Grand. All the demand for Caribbean cruises longer than 7 nights on Princess has now been funneled onto the Emerald, the prices are reflecting that. We check pricing too, every day, but seeing the number of waitlisted categories grow, I'm really not counting on anymore price drops.

Very true. Both of mine 11/18 & 11/28 have gone UP, not down. One went up 11%!

Both cruises show the Minis and suites as "Sold Out".

There are many other categories still open, so that may be only temporary. Maybe they're rebalancing inventory.

Please don't ask me what that means. A TA used it, and it sounded cool so I adopted it.:p

• 4 months later...
Can I please ask? We are in the UK and I was pretty certain that the price we book at is the price we pay. Am I correct in thinking these possible price reductions (for whatever reason) are only available to those of you in the US??

In the US, it seems they can do this right up to the last minute. But in the UK, if the price drops, you can get the new price applied up to (I think) six months before cruise date. Speak to your agent or Princess if you booked direct. I have recently saved about £1000 doing this!

Archived