Carnival Victory Secrets??

airlinerob

Hi All -

I am going on my first Carnival cruise after 15 years of cruising on NCL, RCCL, Celebrity, etc...

It will be onboard the Carnival Victory - 7 night Southern Caribbean.

I'd like to know the "secrets" that an experienced Victory cruiser would know...

For example, where are the "secret" viewing ares in the front of the ship located?

Any other secrets or "favorite things" you can share about the Carnival Victory would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

Rob

Hi All -

I am going on my first Carnival cruise after 15 years of cruising on NCL, RCCL, Celebrity, etc...

It will be onboard the Carnival Victory - 7 night Southern Caribbean.

I'd like to know the "secrets" that an experienced Victory cruiser would know...

For example, where are the "secret" viewing ares in the front of the ship located?

Any other secrets or "favorite things" you can share about the Carnival Victory would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

Rob

Nothing?

No tips or secrets?

I believe the "secret decks" are decks 7-10... we did this cruise at the end of March and loved it. There was hardly anyone on the secret decks, great place to relax.

The ports were all great, crew and islanders very friendly. There are lots of great Victory reviews out there!

Have a great trip.

I believe the "secret decks" are decks 7-10... we did this cruise at the end of March and loved it. There was hardly anyone on the secret decks, great place to relax.

The ports were all great, crew and islanders very friendly. There are lots of great Victory reviews out there!

Have a great trip.

Is there seating in those areas?

They have public decks on the front of the ship.

Never was a secret? Many people go out there all the time, not much to do there, no big deal..

If you want ship info, read the hundreds of reviews on this website.

People spend a great deal of time/insight writing them, some are very detail oriented.

It takes time and work on your part but in the end it makes more sense than throwing out a "tell me everything" question...

They had some loungers there, but they were tied up like they are at the end of the day. Never saw anyone take them down. There are some stairs that connect some of the decks and a bench or two but that's really all.

I didn't say they were a secret, they're called "secret" decks because not too many people know about them. On our cruise we maybe saw 3 people on there at most and we were there multiple times a day.

Since I have been on the Victory, feel free to ask any questions you may have and Ill try my best to answer them. I know the reviews might not cover everything.

There were lounge chairs on Deck 9 in the secret front area...

The best place to lounge is on deck 3 outside of guest services...tons of chairs/loungers and no one in them

Smuggling beer was not an issue, brought it on the carryon and both times made it on without any problem while boarding in OSJ.

If you buy cigs, St thomas you are allowed 5 ctns per person to bring back legally, cost was 124 for 5 ctns...but wait till st kitt 5 ctns cost 85.

Just off yesterday..if you have any other questions

Its probably easiest to ask any questions on here. I hardly check email plus you will get a lot of peoples views & opinions!

Personally, we loved the ship, the crew, the itinerary. We are looking forward to taking this cruise again in a couple of years.

REST When you get a chance. It is a very intense itennerary with a new stop each day.

MUST book Bernards Tours in St Thomas.

Shopping is best and cheapest in St Maarten which was the last day on our cruise. I wish I had saved energy and momey to make more of that day. Rimas is cool if you are buying lots of nick nacks and souveniers to take back home.

Great bargains at a store called Island Hopper in St Kitts.

Not sure if Victory still does Dominica, but you rally need a tour guide to enojy that port. Not much of a beach port and not much shopping. Go there with an open mind and don't look for white sand and clear water. We used Peppers Tours and he was AWESOME!

I cant think of anything great about the ship. Honestly after youve been on a few cruises they all look the same. I guess I take it for granted.

REST When you get a chance. It is a very intense itennerary with a new stop each day.

MUST book Bernards Tours in St Thomas.

Shopping is best and cheapest in St Maarten which was the last day on our cruise. I wish I had saved energy and momey to make more of that day. Rimas is cool if you are buying lots of nick nacks and souveniers to take back home.

Great bargains at a store called Island Hopper in St Kitts.

Not sure if Victory still does Dominica, but you rally need a tour guide to enojy that port. Not much of a beach port and not much shopping. Go there with an open mind and don't look for white sand and clear water. We used Peppers Tours and he was AWESOME!

I cant think of anything great about the ship. Honestly after youve been on a few cruises they all look the same. I guess I take it for granted.

I believe Bernard's Tours is in St. Maarten! We've used him twice now and love going with his tours.

We also loved Victory when we sailed her last year. Yes, it's very port intensive (and can be tiring), but all the islands you visit are great. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.:)

We did Discover Scuba through Carnival and now are in the process of getting certified! It was an awesome experience. We did not do Chefs table but I believe it is in the middle of the week. It is very port intensive but i have never slept better in my life!

Archived