What are Norwegians rules on beverages

Sueil33

What are the rules for bringing alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages on board? Any special tips for NCL? Epic?

As the last person said.

If you want to see some discussions about people that "try" to bring booze onboard, just scroll though postings from the past week. You will find this discussed often, and sometimes in great depth.

What are the rules for bringing alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages on board? Any special tips for NCL? Epic?

:rolleyes: Feel free to bring what you want... the bars & waitstaff are only on board for those people that are too lazy to bring their own. BTW - The mini-bar in the cabins is FREE too... :rolleyes:

From the NCL website (FAQs):

Please note that with the exception of Wine and Champagne, all guests are prohibited from bringing alcohol on board our ships. If you purchase any alcohol at one of our ports-of-call or in our onboard shops, we will safely store your purchase(s) and on the final night of the cruise it will be available for pick up in a designated area.

Wine & Champagne Policy

Guests are allowed to bring wine or champagne onboard. These will be subject to a $15 corkage fee regardless of size.

Wines that are not featured on NCL's wine lists are subject to the corkage fee including wine sent directly to the ship by Travel Agents, friends, family, from another retail source, etc. The bottle will have a sticker or stamp placed on it showing that the fee was paid, and that the guest will be allowed to have the product onboard. This fee will be charged to the guest’s onboard account. Wines that come in boxes are not allowed onboard.

If you would like to have a bottle of liquor in your cabin, do a search on this forum for "Bar Setup". While not directly listed on the NCL website, there is a service that will provide a bottle or two (or three or more :D) in your cabin for a price - worth it to me!

Robin

I've never seen an official policy on water, soda, mixers, etc... but everyone says feel free to bring them on, so it's more of an NCL don't ask don't tell policy I guess? The x-rays are only looking for bottles of Grey Goose and Patron. I'm surprised the x-rays can't pick up "rum runners" though...

People on these boards will tell you there are no rules only guidelines on ships. So, do what ever the heck you want on a ship. You probably won't get caught and afterall it is your vacation.....:rolleyes:

chances are you will and be called to the "NAUGHTY ROOM":p

Does someone have a "Bar Setup" list ? Would like to order a bottle or 2 for our cruise in 2 weeks. Thanks!

Send an email to your ship coordinator. It should be shipcoordinator(yourship)@ncl.com

i.e. shipcoordinatorjade@ncl.com

You usually have to do it at least 2 weeks prior to the cruise so you might want to do that soon!

NCL - you need to get out of 'mean mode'. That's why I go P&O whenever I can, as long as you are sensible and not board drunk every time, you can take on wine and beer.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.:)

You can bring Wine onboard with you. There is a $15 corkage fee.

NCL - you need to get out of 'mean mode'. That's why I go P&O whenever I can, as long as you are sensible and not board drunk every time, you can take on wine and beer.

NCL's policy is very similar to most other of the major cruise lines. It has been a long standing policy.

Archived