Cherbourg-October 2011

QM2 fan

Having done all of the D Day stuff,and the Bayeux tapestry in May of this year, I don't really need to do any of the excursions while in Cherbourg next month. Are we allowed just to get off "alone",so to speak,and potter around the town under our own steam?

Having done all of the D Day stuff,and the Bayeux tapestry in May of this year, I don't really need to do any of the excursions while in Cherbourg next month. Are we allowed just to get off "alone",so to speak,and potter around the town under our own steam?

Yes you can,and we will be doing so on the 15th October.:)

They also have a good market on Saturdays.

Hi,

I'll be on that QM2 crossing (of the channel :D ) as well. On previous visits (on QM2 & on QV) I did exactly that, pottered around Cherbourg on my own. It is easy walking distance to/from the town/ship.

See you on board! Bon Voyage!

It is a very short distance to walk, please take a little time to look at the cruise terminal there and it you walk over to the double and peep through you may get to see there other side, it is quite beautiful.

Nothing better though than to stop for a small lunch there at one the resturants, there is also a beautiful church and wonderful small harbour and as someone said a good market as well.

sadly it is only a day mini taste, but great fun

Cunard should have a free shuttle to the center of town. My suggestion would be to take that, noting carefully the route the bus follows. It is a short walk back to the ship. I'd want to have an idea of the route, but IIRC, you can also see the ship from the dropoff point.

Roy

Archived