Little Dashes on Deck Plan

esther e

Just a guess on my part, since you didn't specify WHICH deck plan you were referring to....

But if you are looking at the Marina open deck plan - Deck 7 - then that area between the "green" area which is the space of 7116 and the edge of the hull is an artist representation of the "Teak Deck" or private veranda.

Hope this answers your question.

Does anyone know what those little dashes are about on the deck? I'm specifically looking at 7116 as an example. Just curious -- inquiring minds want to know.:)

\Hi, Esther -- I have no idea what the little dahes represent, but they probably don't indicate any obstruction in the balcony. We were in 7108,

which has the dashed lines on the deck plan, but here's a photo of the portion of the deck in question -- and you can see there is nothing there.

It possibly represents something structural which is hidden, thus being dashed.

DSC06070.JPG

I can see what you mean...not the teak deck.

Right beside 7116, there are 3-4 horizontal dashes, I would think it may be a metal bulkhead, (for lack of a better word), as we have seen in photos of the wraparound balcony some suites have?

Just a guess...

Teak boards can't run the length of the ship. The lines merely represent joins between floor boards. No bulkheads in the centre of your balcony.

Hi Ragnar!!! Yes, we are thinking of Oceania once again. Peter had a year of medical issues but it looks like he's doing very well and we're ready to bolt! I am very impressed with you and a camel, since I am afraid of a step stool!!! Have a great cruise --I know you will.

Archived