Accommodations for 4 on the Jewel

jtdlmc

I'm looking at the Jewel. There would be 4 of us in a cabin. I can't find anything on the NCL site as to what the sleep arrangements would be other than 2 twins that make a queen and a pull out sofa. Do 2 have to fit on the pull out sofa or is there a bunk that folds down from somewhere? I'm looking at a balcony cabin or mini suite.

If you go to the deck plans on the NCL site for the Jewel..It should tell you which rooms sleep 4..Most have a bunk or a sofa that pulls out..We love the Jewel and just sailed her for the second time..Have a great cruise!

Thanks for your help. Yes, it does say they sleep four but I would like to know how the beds are set up. My two kids would not sleep together on a pull out sofa. The other ship we have cruised on had a pull out sofa and a bunk that pulled down from the ceiling. I'm wondering if this is the case with the Jewel?

In the 2 bed room garden villa, the small room features a bunk bed and also a sofa that pulls out. I slept in that little (but cozy) room while my parents stayed in the master bedroom. It was pretty comfortable. Not sure if you can find this in other cabins on the Jewel, but from my experience in that room, it was decent.

We just had a BA balcony cabin and it was tight w/just 3 of us, my son being 17. The pull out is just a love seat, I don't really know how 2 kids would fit on it, maybe if they're younger and the first night the steward didn't pull it all the way out so it was about 4 ft and I was trying to figure out how my 5'11" son was going to fit on it. Also, when it is pulled all the way out you can't walk to the balcony. A mini suite probably would give you more room, but I'm not sure about an extra bunk.

In the 2 bed room garden villa, the small room features a bunk bed and also a sofa that pulls out. I....

I don't think one should attempt any comparison of what is found in the GV and what is in a balcony.

By the way, if that was the 2BR - then it is called a Courtyard Villa.

We just had a BA balcony cabin and it was tight w/just 3 of us, my son being 17. The pull out is just a love seat, I don't really know how 2 kids would fit on it, maybe if they're younger and the first night the steward didn't pull it all the way out so it was about 4 ft and I was trying to figure out how my 5'11" son was going to fit on it. Also, when it is pulled all the way out you can't walk to the balcony. A mini suite probably would give you more room, but I'm not sure about an extra bunk.

Just wanted to know, do all OV views have a pullout couch?

What about 2 adjoining ocean view rooms?

Thx for your help!

Sorry repeat post!

Here is a picture of a Jewel balcony cabin with all 4 beds deployed -- the bunk bed drops down from the ceiling.

That is what is looks like. We were in a BA ( Aft Balcony, Pearl, 10668). It was a queen, pull out couch and a drop down bunk.

I believe that the oceanviews are three lower beds (one is set up in the middle) and one upper berth.

We cruised on the Jewel with our grandson in a balcony cabin too. If one of your kids isn't real tall, you could pull the sofa out only part way and thereby retain access to the balcony. Our grandson turned 12 on this cruise and preferred the shortened sofa to the bunk bed.

Juergen (and Helen)

Via Tapatalk & iPod touch.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315962902.893478.jpg.396c5056c5032effdffc268177b6b199.jpg

That is what is looks like. We were in a BA ( Aft Balcony, Pearl, 10668). It was a queen, pull out couch and a drop down bunk.

I believe that the oceanviews are three lower beds (one is set up in the middle) and one upper berth.

\

Thx for your reply Jim. Can anyone else confirm this as well with the OV rooms on the Jewel?

Thanks for the pics and replies. Those rooms are extremely crowded as compared to our quad with Carnival! We were able to leave both beds (sofa and bunk) made at all times and it didn't interfere with the use of the cabin at all. I guess we will definitely need two rooms on the Jewel.

Anyone know of any balcony rooms that connect with an ocean view or porthole (a little less expensive than two balconies)?

I don't think one should attempt any comparison of what is found in the GV and what is in a balcony.

By the way, if that was the 2BR - then it is called a Courtyard Villa.

Yeah I just brought up that comparison b/c the small bedroom had a similar bunk bed/pullout sofa combo and the room was quite small but it was actually fine and served its purpose. And yes sorry I meant CV!

Archived