Has anyone else had this ridiculous situation?

SALAD MUNCHER

Hello Salad Muncher, hope this will make you feel better, I've just telephoned my cousin who is also on a Q.Vic cruise in October, a 'UK Deal' they booked a month ago.

Although they were not aware at the time of booking their cruise, their confirmation sent out some days later clearly sets out the terms and conditions re pre voyage info etc.

Re luggage labels ; Not too sure if anyone is aware, but at Southampton & Brooklyn ( I've seen and used them) additional luggage labels are always available in and around the area where you drop the luggage off.

Bell Boy.

Hello Salad Muncher, hope this will make you feel better, I've just telephoned my cousin who is also on a Q.Vic cruise in October, a 'UK Deal' they booked a month ago.

Although they were not aware at the time of booking their cruise, their confirmation sent out some days later clearly sets out the terms and conditions re pre voyage info etc.

Re luggage labels ; Not too sure if anyone is aware, but at Southampton & Brooklyn ( I've seen and used them) additional luggage labels are always available in and around the area where you drop the luggage off.

Bell Boy.

Thanks for both your replies. I have just received an email back from Cunard giving me this same information. I have forwarded this to my TA and await their explaination as to why we were not made aware of this. Cheers,

Re this thread

Not everyone has a printer, or a laminator. My agent has to send me paper invoices .

Yes I know I am a Neanderthal, but that is my choice.

I am fortunate I do have a agent that understands.

Cunard ( IMO) throws the baby out with the bathwater,- their computer orientated whiz kids ignore the simple fact that any business has to consider first class Customer Service an absolute priority.

I think the "green" they're interested in is money. You used your paper, your ink, and your electricity, all of which you pay for. And you also saved them the cost of postage.

You could be correct there, but lets face it, all us are after good deals these days and if Cunard can pass on their savings onto us with promotions & deals then I'm all for it.

It's not only the cost of postage but it saves on the cost in the printing and dispatch department. Not to mention the time it must take to personalise those hard copies of the pre voyage info.

Bell Boy :)

Thanks Rob. I will print them off - in fact this afternoon I ordered some self-laminating luggage pouches to place them in. I am angry because I have difficulty reading the online versions of the trips and I really wanted to be able to have them in brochure format.

I have also contacted Cunard by email today as on their website it clearly states:

"Cunard Voyage Guide

Your Cunard Voyage Guide will be sent to you in your preliminary documentation around 56 days before departure of your voyage and contains detailed answers to any further questions you may have. "

so I feel my gripe is a genuine one!

I am sure it is, we just had our labels and the book in the mail today, so they are being sent out still, ring them and ask-or- why not copy and paste the tours etc and then you can zoom in to read them:) I have to say my voyage is onlt 28 days away or so and they came to day,

I am sure it is, we just had our labels and the book in the mail today, so they are being sent out still, ring them and ask-or- why not copy and paste the tours etc and then you can zoom in to read them:) I have to say my voyage is onlt 28 days away or so and they came to day,

Hi Rob, Have a great TA, looks like you have a few voyages to look forward to before we are back onboard QM2 in June 2012.

Catherine

Hi Rob, Have a great TA, looks like you have a few voyages to look forward to before we are back onboard QM2 in June 2012.

Catherine

Thank you Catherine and we look forward to meeting you in June 2012

I wish someone knew about the soton celebrations though:)

Archived