Latitudes Frequent Cruiser Question

airlinerob

Hi Everyone -

Love the forum.

Does anyone know when NCL's frequent cruiser program started? How far back does NCL's records go?

I realized today I'm not being credited for several cruises I took many years ago on the Norway.

It's probably too late. I just was wondering if these were pre-Program. I wasn't sure how far NCL's records go back or if they even would?

Thanks.

Robert

From the terms and conditions: "To qualify as a Latitudes member, you must have taken at least one full tariff cruise with NCL since January 1, 1995."

That being said if you have something showing earlier cruises it might still be worth contacting the Latitudes department. They may give you credit for them.

Some on here have stated that they received credit for pre-95 cruises but that they had to provide proof that they sailed with them. Some have said that an embarkation photo works.

Again this is hearsay from CC and not what I have experienced. But never hurts to phone and try. All they can do is say no.

My sister talked to a customer service rep aboard the Sky, and they told her they couldn't give her credit even if she offered proof of her 1991 sailing. But others have said it worked for them, so it's a crap shoot. They aren't required to give you credit, but some nice soul may decide to sneak those cruises in under your latitudes number.

My sister talked to a customer service rep aboard the Sky, and they told her they couldn't give her credit even if she offered proof of her 1991 sailing. But others have said it worked for them, so it's a crap shoot. They aren't required to give you credit, but some nice soul may decide to sneak those cruises in under your latitudes number.

It may not be a case of "sneaking those in", it may be that before that date their records were not easily accessible to be able to confirm that you actually had sailed with NCL. So it may depend on whether that person taking the information is willing to put their employment on the line by believing the documents you give them.

Personally I've never had much success even in getting information from the cruise consultants onboard. They've been rather useless in my opinion.

The CS rep on the ship will not be able to do anything but quote the rules. Your sister should contact the Latitudes desk at the NCL corporate offices in Miami. Only someone there can do anything about changing her status.

Archived