Norwegian Gem OBC question

Cashmeezy

Hi all,

I will be sailing on sunday on the Norwegian Gem, this is my first cruise.

I'm kind of confused about how the onboard credit works, i plan on bring cash. My question is, do i have to put a "down payment" on my room key first? and then once the money reaches its limit, i'll have to put more on?

or do they just had me a roomkey and i pay when i walk off the ship?

thanks for the help.

Hi all,

I will be sailing on sunday on the Norwegian Gem, this is my first cruise.

I'm kind of confused about how the onboard credit works, i plan on bring cash. My question is, do i have to put a "down payment" on my room key first? and then once the money reaches its limit, i'll have to put more on?

or do they just had me a roomkey and i pay when i walk off the ship?

thanks for the help.

When you check in, if you're paying with cash you'll be asked to place a deposit...as you say, a down payment...into your account. Then as you spend down that deposit you'll be asked to add additional money to your account at the Guest Services desk in order to continue to charge expenses to your cabin (Also, a $12 per person per day service charge will be automatically added to your account even if you don't purchase anything on board). Before you disembark on the last morning you'll be required to settle up your account at Guest Services.

By the way, the acronym OBC is usually used to mean an on board credit that the cruise line or a travel agency has added to your account as an incentive for booking the cruise, not the money you personally deposit to your account.

Archived