Cancellation On Cruise booked within 45 days to sail

justlaff69

At over 45 days to our sail date, we have been told by Carnival that cancelling a cruise is 50% of the cruise fair. I thought the cancellation was $50pp with the remainder being applied to a future cruise.

On Sept 2nd, while aboard the Triumph, I booked a stateroom for my sister and her boyfriend under the past guest rate. The payment was due in full which was expected.

We get back and it turns out, his DL has expired and he has 1400.00 in warrants for outstanding tickets and was told by the DMV that he will be arrested if he comes in to get an ID in lieu of a DL.

A swim through the forums, I see where others are not getting penalized as much as 50%, does it depend on the days to sailing?

We know we can change the name fo $50, which is option 3.

OPtion 1 is to pay the fines, Opt 2 is attempt to get a passport and Opt 3 is a name change.

All rates, once you hit penalty period, the cancellation terms are the same. The $50 pp plus move the deposit, if you book ES is only before final payment.

I think the terms actually say you would lose your deposit or 50% .. whichever is more $$$ if you look up the cancellation terms on FAQs.

PS you indicate you might have booked ES since you mention the $50 pp fee, .. and then go on to say you KNOW you can change the pax for $50 .. so you must not be ES?? the $50 pp before final payment is only ES.. but ES allows NO NAME CHANGES

If you are indeed past guest rate .. then yes you can change pax for $50.

but the $50 fee is only for ES .. so its a little confusing as you have mixed up several of the rules for different fares.

PS penalty period for cancellations is either 60 or 75 days out depending on the length of your cruise which you dont state. .. but at 45 days out for sure you are in penatly phase with full cancellation terms.

You forgot option 4: boyfriend goes to jail and sister gets new one to go on the cruise with her. ;)

I was thinking the same thing. Let go of the man who can't manage his life or afford to pay his fines, pay the $50 and have another girlfriend come along and get a taste of the single life.

On opt 2

I know if someone owes child support they cannot get a PP.

I'm not sure but I do believe that if you owe any fines, back taxes and such you also cannot get a PP as well.

I thought I read that on the State Dept site but just cannot put my finger on it.

It doesn't matter. I doubt he would make it out of the country. He might get jabbed at port. They run everyone through the national database before the ship leaves. Also, some places will not accept him depending on what his past crimes are.

He is not cruising.

At over 45 days to our sail date, we have been told by Carnival that cancelling a cruise is 50% of the cruise fair. I thought the cancellation was $50pp with the remainder being applied to a future cruise.

On Sept 2nd, while aboard the Triumph, I booked a stateroom for my sister and her boyfriend under the past guest rate. The payment was due in full which was expected.

We get back and it turns out, his DL has expired and he has 1400.00 in warrants for outstanding tickets and was told by the DMV that he will be arrested if he comes in to get an ID in lieu of a DL.

A swim through the forums, I see where others are not getting penalized as much as 50%, does it depend on the days to sailing?

We know we can change the name fo $50, which is option 3.

OPtion 1 is to pay the fines, Opt 2 is attempt to get a passport and Opt 3 is a name change.

he can afford to cruise, but not pay his tickets?

oops, Becca beat me to it

Archived