LIVE From the Oasis of the Seas - Sailing 17 September 2011 (Saturday)

Trainman-2

Trainman

Thanks for the live review. I will be on Oasis on Dec 10th and can't wait. Reading your review has made me even more anxious for the cruise to get here. Seeing your pictures of Falmouth I believe I will get off the ship now and explore around the pier. I wasn't going to but the pics. have changed my mind.

One question, I have been told 2nd formal night is on day 5 and also been told it is on day 6. Which is the correct night.:confused::confused:

Tonight we Dined at 150 Central Park

DSCN3714.jpg

It is truly a Fine Dining Experience and I recommend it to everyone. However, it is unlike anything Judith or I, and probably most of you, have experienced.

It is a fixed, 7 course menu, with only one choice:

- Veal Tenderloin

- or

- Beef Tenderloin

The portions were small but interesting. Judith is not a fish person and didn't like the poached sea bass. I liked it. Everything else was pretty good.

They gave us souvenir menus which I will scan when I get home.

Trainman, I notice you mentioned the upgrade was a nice benefit (aka "free") from Royal. Did you happen to get the upgrade during check-in at port or ahead of time with online notification? A few more details of the elusive upgrade fairy's process would be great.

Thanks!

This is part of post #177 from Trainman with regard to their upgrade:

Questions Answered...

- - We did not know about the upgrade until we checked in and they told me that my room had been changed. At first I was concerned about the location being mid-way between the two elevator banks but they checked and told me it was a Junior Suite and I said "Fine With Me!"

We will be going on the Oasis of the Seas again in a few months- Does anybody know if and when the show and all entertainment will be changed? We loved the entertainment last year- but hope for a different show line up on our next cruise. In addition, we will be doing a back to back cruise on the Oasis and do not expect the second week to be different then the first- but Hairspray three times?:rolleyes:

We have gotten to know the entertainers on several of the ships and they say that the shows run for at least 2 years before they change. I saw a review from the Radiance a few months ago and that Piano Man was still playing. I have pictures of it from 2005 when it just started it's run. Your chances of having something different from Hairspray is very, VERY, slim.

This is part of post #177 from Trainman with regard to their upgrade:

Questions Answered...

- - We did not know about the upgrade until we checked in and they told me that my room had been changed. At first I was concerned about the location being mid-way between the two elevator banks but they checked and told me it was a Junior Suite and I said "Fine With Me!"

Thanks for the info! And especially thank you for reading the thread while you're on vacation. Hope internet is speedy and you're having a great time.

Attention CPAP Users...

My CPAP on the shelf on my night stand

DSCN3698.jpg

With the Mattress pulled up you can see the hidden plug under the bed

DSCN3699.jpg

Thanks a million Jim. This gives Jon a clear picture of how we can arrange everything (his c-pap is probably twice + bigger than yours) and with the plug so handy -- even if we have to go to the other side of the bed -- this will save me from tripping over the cord heading for the bathrooom in the middle of night. And yes we do bring a night light but sometimes the eyes ain't really open. LOL

Hi, I have a C-Pap machine too. Did you bring your own distilled water for it or can you get that on the ship? I really don't feel like bringing water if I don't have to. Please let me know about the water issue.

Thanks,

Seadiva2

But yes, you can get the water from RCCL. Just email them at special_needs@rccl.com and tell them what you need. They will take care of everything, including an extention cord if you need one.

May All Of Your Wishes Be Granted! :)

Building an Official Trainman-2 Breakfast Sandwich

A CAUTIONARY NOTE: This Sandwich has been Disapproved by my personal Team of Doctors. I recommend that everyone obtain Medical Clearance before attempting to build one of these.

Step 1: Smear Creme Cheese onto two halves of a Toasted English Muffin.

DSCN3678.jpg

Step 2: Spread Jam of your choice on top of the Creme Cheese.

DSCN3679.jpg

Step 3. Carefully arrange four sausages on one muffin half.

DSCN3680.jpg

Step 4. Assemble and enjoy!

DSCN3681.jpg

I recommend that all CC'ers limit themselves to a maximum of 10 or these sandwiches per day!

OMG I love this !!! Good soul food !!! I am grinning from ear to ear !!!

Loving your live review and thank you for taking time during your vacation to share with us your cruise!!

So glad that you will be cruising on the Allure on Jan 15th as I will get a chance to meet you and Judith

Cheers :D

We have gotten to know the entertainers on several of the ships and they say that the shows run for at least 2 years before they change. I saw a review from the Radiance a few months ago and that Piano Man was still playing. I have pictures of it from 2005 when it just started it's run. Your chances of having something different from Hairspray is very, VERY, slim.

I'm on Oasis on Dec 3 and Hairspray is definitely on the list as I have already booked it :)

We will be going on the Oasis of the Seas again in a few months- Does anybody know if and when the show and all entertainment will be changed? We loved the entertainment last year- but hope for a different show line up on our next cruise. In addition, we will be doing a back to back cruise on the Oasis and do not expect the second week to be different then the first- but Hairspray three times?:rolleyes:

I started "following" the Oasis entertainment schedule since Dec 2010. the only changes I;ve seen are:

- they moved the evening comedy shows from 8 to 8:30 and from 10 to10:30 about 9 months ago

-some major holiday cruises have slightly different showtimes on the actual holiday

Other than that, every time I checked the schedules when they are updated; they are essentially the same (of course Western and Eastern differ) The "current" Oasis show schedule stops the week before we sail, and given that this latest one wasn't posted till 3 days after the first cruise listed on it sailed, I didnt expect a "current" one when I booked my shows. I made my schedule off of the most recent one, and when shows opened they were exactly the same- even though my particular week is still not on the website (and probably won't be till 3 days after I sail:rolleyes:)

We also did a backstage tour on NOS, and the entertainment director person in charge (can't remember his actual title) said the shows run for several years on each ship; they are designed and mounted specifically for that ship and it costs millions to do that. This is even more true for Oasis and Allure because so much of their marketing includes specific references to those shows.

BTW- Hi Topaz!! See you are also following Trainman to get reved up for our cruise;-)

I leave in a couple weeks for the Oasis. I use a mobility scooter. I have a couple questions: Are there any areas of the ship that are unaccessible? If so, what are they? Reading your posts and looking at your photo's has helped pass the time away while I await boarding the ship! THANKS

We checked out the web site but they don't talk about a lunch tour. Did they provide you with any other information about how to book it or the cost?

Ruthie

Ruthie, I had to check out Trainman's link to Captain Hook, too! The lunch tour he mentioned sounded fun! True, it's not on their website, so I checked RCI excursions, and it's THERE! (Surprisingly, even available to book now for my trip next May. Wow!)

Anyway, it offered two lunch excursions - 12:00 or 2:00. It listed the lunch items, like hot dogs and stuff that they'll serve, and talked about the short battle trip.

Having watched the video on the website, it sounds like a shortened version of their meal / show, obviously designed with day-visiting cruisers in mind. I think it was $50 pp, if I'm remembering correctly. Sounds like fun.

So, THANK YOU, Trainman, for showing something cool in Falmouth. I wasn't originally planning anything for that port, other than walking around. Now, I'm considering this lunch trip.

Here is a photo that shows how close the ship is to the shopping complex in Falmouth.

DSCN3599.jpg

Ok, Trainman, now I'm really disoriented. Every picture of this ship I see, gives a different perspective.

In this shot, I see a bend in deck 6 right above the white drum liferafts. Is that the rear hump? And if so, is that bend equivalent to the bend in your balcony? (which I thought was further down the row over that regular lifeboat) The angle is different in every pic, so I'm still confused if there are lifeboats below the rear hump.

I know I should just wait and see for myself, but I get anxious. So how about that "straight down to the water" picture from your balcony? IF you get a chance. Thanks! Lovin' this report and all the fun pics of Judith!

Dear Trainman:

Great pictures and so glad you are having a good time.

Wondering if you might do me a favor. I need a picture same side as Beach Pool, looking towards Solarium, showing the passageway right outside elevator doors

Need it for my wife and I forgot to take it when I was on the August 13th cruise.

Thank you for your consideration

Sincerely,

NHFirst Timer

Day 6 - Thursday - Cozumel, Mexico

Good Morning Everyone,

It is 6:15 am East Coast, and Ship, Time as I start this post.

It is still dark outside and as my memory tells me it is probably 4:15 am Cozumel Time.

DSCN3719.jpg

DSCN3721.jpg

We are scheduled to arrive in Cozumel at 8:00 am and the Gangway is scheduled to open at 8:30 am,

All Aboard Time is 6:30 pm.

Not much going on right now here so I will try to get caught up answering questions.

I leave in a couple weeks for the Oasis. I use a mobility scooter. I have a couple questions: Are there any areas of the ship that are unaccessible? If so, what are they? Reading your posts and looking at your photo's has helped pass the time away while I await boarding the ship! THANKS

I am not aware of any areas (except the pools) that you could not drive a scooter into. Several friends here are using them and I have heard nothing from any of them about problems.

The ship has given a lot of thought to handicapped access!

Have a great cruise...

Ok, Trainman, now I'm really disoriented. Every picture of this ship I see, gives a different perspective.

In this shot, I see a bend in deck 6 right above the white drum life rafts. Is that the rear hump? And if so, is that bend equivalent to the bend in your balcony? (which I thought was further down the row over that regular lifeboat) The angle is different in every pic, so I'm still confused if there are lifeboats below the rear hump.

I know I should just wait and see for myself, but I get anxious. So how about that "straight down to the water" picture from your balcony? IF you get a chance. Thanks! Lovin' this report and all the fun pics of Judith!

DSCN3599.jpg

In the photo above, you are looking at the forward hump. You can see the beginning of the rear hump in the upper left of the photo.

There are no lifeboats below the rear hump!

This photo may not have enough details but it is the only one I have handy.

Oasis_Of_The_Seas_Wallpaper.jpg

Our cabin, 7236, is just forward of what I call the "rescue boat"

I will shoot some better photos later. It is still dark outside.

Archived