Commadore lounge

welshgirl001

Regarding the Commordore Lounge on QM2: during the day - is it a bar? i.e. what is a passenger exepected to order? Thanks for your response. -S

Not quite sure what you mean by that..........is it a bar:confused:

A bar/lounge usually serves drinks so that is what i would expect to order.

Julie

Not quite sure what you mean by that..........is it a bar:confused:

A bar/lounge usually serves drinks so that is what i would expect to order.

Julie

Thanks welshgirl. I was just wondering if coffee or tea is available during the day in the Commodore Club, but I gather from your response that is not the case. (I've never been there during the day, so I had no idea if anything other than "bar" beverages are available.) -S.

Thanks welshgirl. I was just wondering if coffee or tea is available during the day in the Commodore Club, but I gather from your response that is not the case. (I've never been there during the day, so I had no idea if anything other than "bar" beverages are available.) -S.

Hi Salacia,

In May this year, mid-atlantic during my crossing on QM2, I overheard that coffee was available anytime the bar was open. I didn't notice this was the case during the day, but did see coffee served during the evening on several occasions.

Very best wishes.

I asked the original question as i was wondering if the "bar" was open as in staffed during the day. I was not insinuating that i knew they did or did not serve coffee/tea as i thought drinks would cover all types of beverages.

If i didnt know if the bar/lounge was open i wouldnt know what they served would I:confused:

From others responses it seem the Commadore lounge is open and staffed and serving all types of drinks/beverages so thanks everyone for the replies:)

Julie

I asked the original question as i was wondering if the "bar" was open as in staffed during the day. I was not insinuating that i knew they did or did not serve coffee/tea as i thought drinks would cover all types of beverages.

If i didnt know if the bar/lounge was open i wouldnt know what they served would I:confused:

From others responses it seem the Commadore lounge is open and staffed and serving all types of drinks/beverages so thanks everyone for the replies:)

Julie

Hi Julie.

Usually have my late morning Bloody Mary there. Next time we are together I'll drag you along!

Hi to Mark.

Jeanne

You can also get coffee in the Chart Room (QM2) at night if you do not wish to order a "drink".

I did not know that you could order coffeee in the Commodore Room during the day, is it limited to coffee or can you also get tea there?

Hi Jimsgirl

I am not sure about the tea, but I have to tell you that last voyage I discovered the Cocktails in the Commodore and now am truly hooked. I have to say that prior to this discovery I rarely if ever imbibed - I think perhaps I should avoid on next voyage and ask about the tea.

I did not know that you could order coffeee in the Commodore Room during the day, is it limited to coffee or can you also get tea there?

I think coffee is available in all the bars during opening hours - can't remember ever being refused it wherever we happened to be. Sorry, not sure about tea, but would hope it is also available.

I think coffee is available in all the bars during opening hours - can't remember ever being refused it wherever we happened to be. Sorry, not sure about tea, but would hope it is also available.

But, am I right in thinking that you have to pay for the stuff in the bars?

The dark coloured swill that tastes vaguely of burnt sawdust and is dispensed by the machines in the Lido/King's Court is free.

J

You can also get coffee in the Chart Room (QM2) at night if you do not wish to order a "drink".

Yes you can, for the appropriate charge.

I find it odd that there is not one straight answer from all of the QM2 travellers. The Commodore bar opens at 10AM. They do offer a full coffee or tea servcie, served on a tray for the guests in the Commodore lounge or Churchills, for a charge.. They are open for full bar service at 10 AM.

Archived