petrol or gas in florida

Holey

The option someone mentioned above about pre-paying the fuel is a good one if you plan to drive enough to use up a tank of fuel. I just checked Alamo, and today, their rate for fuel is $3.58/gallon. They charge you for the whole tank upfront, and you bring it back with whatever is left. They don't refund for unused fuel. This might be an option to consider with 6 days of driving. Just plan ahead if you need to get gas during those 6 days, as you don't want to bring the vehicle back with too much gas in it, or you just waste money.

I wouldn't consider this for an overnight or 2 day rental though.

I live in Orlando and you're right - the locals would not (and don't) support that. But there are two rogue gas stations on the main route into the airport and the closest place to fill up a rental before returning it. Those two do not post prices and do indeed charge well over the going rate, so currently in the $5.30 range. They have been in a running legal battle with city council which has passed an ordinance requiring gas stations to post prices. They sued to overturn the ordinance and it is not resolved as of yet.

I unwittingly stopped at one of them awhile back and had inserted my CC in the pump before noticing the price on the pump (where it DOES have to be posted per State Law.) I cancelled the transaction and moved on, but enough people returning rental cars at the airport buy gas there for them to get away with it.

WOW...it was like 4 something a few months back..i read in that paper about how there are a few mini marts that don't have prices posted...on Sand--something road..Simian?? I forget, it's the road that runs OUT from the airport past a bunch of hotels and shops (not sand lake though)..AND if you just go an extra mile or so you'll find cheaper gas!:eek:

Also there was a cheaper place about 1 exit away from the airport near a waffle house and a couple hotels that was a decent price....and you're close enough that the needle isn't going to move before you return the car....

Gas up here in the northeast (NJ) is around 3.37-3.50 per gallon..higher in 'rich' areas! Just for comparison..

WOW...it was like 4 something a few months back..i read in that paper about how there are a few mini marts that don't have prices posted...on Sand--something road..Simian?? I forget, it's the road that runs OUT from the airport past a bunch of hotels and shops (not sand lake though)..AND if you just go an extra mile or so you'll find cheaper gas!:eek:

Also there was a cheaper place about 1 exit away from the airport near a waffle house and a couple hotels that was a decent price....and you're close enough that the needle isn't going to move before you return the car....

Gas up here in the northeast (NJ) is around 3.37-3.50 per gallon..higher in 'rich' areas! Just for comparison..

I think you mean Semoran.

Archived