petrol or gas in florida

Holey

It's about $3.65 average in Broward County (Fort Lauderdale Area) - it should be similar in the Miami area.

OP... That's about £2.30 per GALLON compared to us paying £1.35 per LITRE so it's about one third the price of our fuel or as Shogun said, it's almost free..!!

Just be careful on the fillup before returning a vehicle to the airport. Often the gas station closest the airport can be significantly higher (I have seen it a $1 higher near the airport) and if the rental company fills it for you it can be a couple dollars higher.

When we have completed our cruise. We have a car for 6 days. Has anyone any idea how much fuel is in Florida:confused:?

A lot less than yours. ;) Don't know how far you'll be venturing during your six days, but the farther north you go, the cheaper it gets. Also on the west coast; i.e. Tampa/St. Pete.

Friends just returned a rental car at the airport in Orlando, and got stuck filling it up at a nearby gas station that didn't have prices posted. Turns out it was the most expensive gas in the country at around $5.30 a gallon. And they had their iPhones with GasBuddy on them...shouldn't have fallen for that!

Most of the car rental companies offer an option to buy the tank of fuel already in the car. It's not generally the best price going, but usually it's not too outrageously priced. The advantage is that you don't have to worry about filling up before you return the car. Since you have the car for 6 days this might be a worthwhile option for you. A phone call or email to your car rental company might elicit the current cost.

Ha! Not in South Florida. We haven't seen prices this low in a very long time. That is why I told the OP, prices go down as you get further North. Not in Disney territory though.

I just paid less at The Hess station right on Disney property last week than in Naples!

When we have completed our cruise. We have a car for 6 days. Has anyone any idea how much fuel is in Florida:confused:?

My good deed fir today. I jusy checked my computer (Gas Buddy) for Fort Lauderdale For gas prices, Prices ran from $3.47 t0 $3.89 ag gal depending on station. 9-17-11 EST. Enjoy your trip and drive safely.

Sorry---still not buying it. They would be out of business today. The Orlando area would not support that.

I live in Orlando and you're right - the locals would not (and don't) support that. But there are two rogue gas stations on the main route into the airport and the closest place to fill up a rental before returning it. Those two do not post prices and do indeed charge well over the going rate, so currently in the $5.30 range. They have been in a running legal battle with city council which has passed an ordinance requiring gas stations to post prices. They sued to overturn the ordinance and it is not resolved as of yet.

I unwittingly stopped at one of them awhile back and had inserted my CC in the pump before noticing the price on the pump (where it DOES have to be posted per State Law.) I cancelled the transaction and moved on, but enough people returning rental cars at the airport buy gas there for them to get away with it.

Hi, Holey! Gas prices are all over the place here in Florida. It's very true that in Lake Buena Vista one could pay $3.53...and a day later in Palm Beach County (North County) you could pay $3.74 or even $3.77 per gallon. I don't know where you'll be travelling in Florida, but I'd recommend that you always ask 'the locals'. We're always happy to help point someone in the direction of the cheapest gas, coolest restaurant, etc.

Enjoy your time in Florida! We love her...and hope you do, too!

Ha! Not in South Florida. We haven't seen prices this low in a very long time. That is why I told the OP, prices go down as you get further North. Not in Disney territory though.

I find the prices to very accurate since the posted prices are updated by people who actually have been past the station & are only left in place for 48 hours & then removed. Orlando right now a quite a few listed at $3.37. Ft Lauderdale has then starting at around $3.50, while Jacksonville starting at $3.32 because we all know that people in that area go to Georgia to save the tax with prices starting in the low $3.20's.

My good deed fir today. I jusy checked my computer (Gas Buddy) for Fort Lauderdale For gas prices, Prices ran from $3.47 t0 $3.89 ag gal depending on station. 9-17-11 EST. Enjoy your trip and drive safely.

I find the prices to very accurate since the posted prices are updated by people who actually have been past the station & are only left in place for 48 hours & then removed. Orlando right now a quite a few listed at $3.37. Ft Lauderdale has then starting at around $3.50, while Jacksonville starting at $3.32 because we all know that people in that area go to Georgia to save the tax with prices starting in the low $3.20's.

I was in FLL yesterday; no gas in the 40's that I could see. I live in Palm Beach County and average here is $3.69. That's Mobil as well as 7-11 and definitely not near the airport.

Archived