How/When to see Bay of Fundy?

jlbartley

I'm going to be in Saint Johns on 10/4 and am trying to figure out the best time/way to see Bay of Fundy?

2011-10-04 (Tuesday)

Time

Height

ADT

(m)

(ft)

05:53

12:08

18:21

2011-10-04

I've pulled the info on the tides but am not sure how to read this. Any suggestions on when/how to see?

Sorry, I know that didn't post looking that good.

Also, was debating on taking the city bus tour but I'm finding conflicting info. Their site in one spot says it stops Oct. 1, but in another spot says Oct. 25.

http://www.saintjohntransit.com/index.cfm?event=page.view&filename=city-tour.cfm

Does anyone know when the city bus tour is actually available and would you recommend it?

I'm trying to find my way through the things to do in this area and would like to see a bit of town but would really like to see some nature, maybe some fall colors. Thanks for any suggestions.

your tide chart looks like low tide around noon and high tide about 6:30 pm . So if you go early morning you will see it going out and can walk on the ocean floor miday.. Then it starts coming in again totally covering and at it highest water level early evening. Looks like a perfect day ! The difference in time between low and high #'s it is either coming in or going out.

if you are in St John's and want to see Bay of Fundy, you've got a very short window for touring.

We were there last wk and the weather was horrible - everything was closed for their Labor Day.

To really see the area, one should enjoy an overnight stay - the Reversing Falls can only be fully appreciated with the changing of the tides.

g'luck and Bon Voyage.

Could you help me define what an itinerary might look like? I'm struggling to figure out what to do at this stop.

We have from 7 am to 5:30pm

I would say that I'm most interested in nature although would not mind a short time in the city market.

I'm struggling to understand what's in what location and what times I would want to see what. I'm physically active and can handle walking/hiking but want to see the most that I can in the time I have available.

Any suggestions on how you would spend this time?

Archived