Has Carnival done away with Inside, OV, and Balcony Guarantees?

mj

Was looking up for various cruises and noticed that there was no Inside, OV, or Balcony GTYS available? Has Carnival done away with those now? Did a search and didn't see anything mentioned online about this? Just wondering.

I booked a inside guarantee for the Dream about month ago. I am however new to Carnival. So it may be called something different.

Gtys have always been called IS, OV and BL for the most part. In the past you could get a say 4B gty at times.. such as you get when you book a group cruise.

No change in name.. maybe people just dont know what to look for. I have a gty for my upcoming Triumph, no change.

I have seen guarantee on the Magic so no- they have not done away with them across the board. Oddly they are not always the cheapest cabins in a category- for instance on the Magic, the cove cabins are significantly less. And even with the inside rooms the cheapest category has been less than the guarantee. I don't understand the thinking in that- I thought the idea of a guarantee was that you got a very low price for taking your chances. But they are still there and they are NOT the same as the Fun Saver.

Yes - the Fun Saver is the category for guaranty cabins. Sometimes guarantees will show up in other rates but the Fun Saver category is only for guaranty cabins. Fun Select is where you pick your own cabin and Fun Saver is where Carnival picks a cabin from the category that you choose.

Archived