what do guys wear on their feet for elegant night

chihomg

hi. thanks for reading this. i just got off the phone with carnival and they weren't completely clear on a few points.

what do guys wear on elegant night on their feet? i didn't want to pack sneakers, flip flops, and dress shoes so i'm trying to figure it out.

also the rep told me that you cannot wear beach flip flops at any time in any dining room. that is fine with me but what is the difference between "beach" flip flops vs the ones that are allowed?

Something matching what they are wear on top :D

If the are doing the buffet in tanktop and swim trunks flip lops are acceptible per your comment :D

If they are doing the main diningroom in dockers, dress shirt and tie or tux similar matching shoes ;)

Have I seen sneaker with a suit, yup. Usually some teenager, but most adults I recall go matching. Yup a drag to bring 3 pairs of shoes. Usually for tropics I go keen sandals, dress shoes and if I really feel the need for some flip flops buy a $5 pair in port. Trust me that won't be your biggest spend.

Now for women what is the definition of flops versus open toe elegant dress sandals is an interesting question... Think the ladies can get away with anything as long as the are appropriate on top.

I've worn leather flip flops to the MDR many times with no issues. I wear a suit and dress shoes on elegant nights.

Yep, I've seen this many times, and even on elegant night. Doesn't bother me, I can understand the shoe packing situation, especially those big, bulky man shoes! Especially if you're flying & dealing with baggage fees.

Side note, if one is so inclined... you can rent dress shoes on board. you can pre-order them thru Bon Voyage as I recall. I can't remember the price (maybe $12?), but a couple guys we cruised with did that one time.

hi. thanks for reading this. i just got off the phone with carnival and they weren't completely clear on a few points.

what do guys wear on elegant night on their feet? i didn't want to pack sneakers, flip flops, and dress shoes so i'm trying to figure it out.

also the rep told me that you cannot wear beach flip flops at any time in any dining room. that is fine with me but what is the difference between "beach" flip flops vs the ones that are allowed?

Just trying to imaging somebody in a Tux with Flip Flops. :D It would look silly. Just pack some dress shoes and Flip Flops. If you need sneakers wear them while Traveling to the Ship. Or wear Loafers traveling, you can wear them also in the Dinningroom with a nice pair of pants. And then on youtube i just saw the clip of the master packer. It shows you how to pack alot in a little bag. :D

wow. i didn't expect this many replies. thanks a bunch guys. this stuff is really helpful.

i may just SKIP the sneakers. when you are on the cruise itself, do you wear sneakers? if you generally don't, i may leave them at home.

how about on freeport and nassau?

Now, if you think about it, you're really only packing two pairs of shoes, since you'll be wearing one pair. Problem solved. :p

I usually wear a pair of light hiking shoes (plane/embarkation day/cruise casual days), pack a pair of dress shoes for elegant night, and flip flops all day long.

Depending on what if any excursions you are planning your DH may need sneakers.

My DH wore his sneakers for flight down and back. I packed his sandals, loafers and dress shoes as well. The man had more shoes than I did for our cruise, LOL

I also wore my sneakers there and back, packed leather sandals .. can't stand flip flops never could... as well as kitten heeled dress sandals for elegant night.

Have no clue how DH ended up with more shoes than I did but he did:D

Now, if you think about it, you're really only packing two pairs of shoes, since you'll be wearing one pair.

Exactly! I used to always wear my bulkiest shoes when flying, to avoid having to pack them. Now with the bloody TSA regs, I wear whatever ones I can slip on and off in a hurry. :mad:

DH wants to dress for formal nights, so he is planning to rent the whole getup to avoid having to pack it. :cool:

Yep packing so many shoes sux!! For a family of 5 that is 14 pair in the suitcase plus the one on our feet! We will be wearing our tennis shoes to board (most bulky to pack). In the suitcase my boys will have their water shoes, deck shoes for casual dining, and dress shoes for elegant night. DH will have his water shoes and dress shoes for casual (dress shoes don't look bad when paired with nice jeans and a sports coat for casual night) so this cuts out on casual shoes for MDR. DD will have her water shoes, casual sandal and dress shoes, I will have my water, dress shoes and sandals for casual night..

the difference between falling on the marble surfaces or not. wear beach flip flops only if you want to break an appendage.

and real men wear shoes on their feet elegant night.

My husband wears boots, that is his "dress shoes". You don't have to be a cattle rancher to dress western, at least not in Texas.

Same for Oklahoma! Didn't mean to imply that... I was just speaking for my DH. ;)

They were too big to pack, so he insisted on wearing them when we flew to Tampa.

I tried to tell him to wear something easier to take off and put on in the airport, but... :rolleyes:

I have some hip/mobility issues. On elegant night I wore dockers, polo and some new black (non flashy) nikes. I need that support nike offers. They didn't know me and I didn't know them, so comfort was the tiebreaker. No one fainted from my footwear option.

I did some looks about the pink boa though

Same for Oklahoma! Didn't mean to imply that... I was just speaking for my DH. ;)

They were too big to pack, so he insisted on wearing them when we flew to Tampa.

I tried to tell him to wear something easier to take off and put on in the airport, but... :rolleyes:

I would think cowboy boots would be easier to slide off/on than the tennis shoes I make my family wear....DH and DS both wear size 15...do you know how hard it is to pack tennis shoes and dress shoes that size...:D

Archived