San Francisco Cruisers

aaerobear

• 2 weeks later...
I think it was scheduled to depart today for Long Beach.

I'm actually sad about that. The Carnival Paradise has been so nice to look at from the lobby of my building & on walks down the hill. I've enjoyed seeing it lighted at night, it makes the bay seem that much more active, even though not full of passengers. Guess today was my last chance to see a big ship in drydock there until the next one arrives. :)

• 2 months later...

If so, want to meet a week or two before departure over a beer or cocktail? The new Toad Hall has opened in the Castro (across from Badlands in the former Pendulum space on 18th Street). That might be a good venue to meet on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Anyone cruising this summer from our newly remodeled Pier 35? Yes folks, they washed the windows and it only cost the port of San Francisco $300,000 for the cleaning.( 50 dollars for the job and the rest for sending out proposals and the bidding process and then awarding the final contract to a firm in Dothan Alabama that had to fly in 24 undocumented workers to perform the work). Oh yes, they also put paper numbers on all the posts throughout the terminal (that had to set them back a few bucks). Those folks at the Port Authority of San Francisco really know how to treat cruise passengers don't they? Try working in that barn.:eek:

Seriously though, I hope everyone has a great summer and does some cruising from wherever your hearts desire.:D

Hey MarkBearSF,

Lucky you !!! The Baltics is on my wish list of cruises for the future. If you haven't sailed the Eurodam, I can tell you that you will have a fantastic time. Although the food in the Tamarind was just okay by San Francisco standards, the service and atmosphere were perfect. As one who is happy eating in the Lido, I ate in Tamarind twice in one week. I hope you have a fantasic cruise !! :) Please report back to let us know how things went for you.

• 2 months later...
Thanks for the update Jack. I'm going to check it out today. David

You're welcome David. Let us know anything that you find out about how long the Sea Princess will be in town.

This site is good for looking at San Francisco Bay ship traffic:

http://www.boatingsf.com/ais_map.php

:)

Edited by jjb415

• 4 months later...
Hey Everyone,

Anybody know what ship is in drydock at Pier 70 today. I've been away and just noticed it & can't find any information.

Thanks !! :)

I don't know. I am currently on the Radiance and met a friend of yours, Gail, who is a hoot. David

Looks to be Zaandam per this thread over on the HAL board.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1117036

Thanks BEAV so much for the information, I get back to San Francisco tomorrow morning, but, the Zaandam may be gone by then. I see that it will be sailing from San Diego to Hawaii next week.

Hey David, give Gail a big smooch for me and have fun on the Radiance. Did you know that she was the Queen of the Viking Serenade ?? :-)

• 2 weeks later...
As info, the Cunard Queen Victoria will be in town Wednesday, Jan 27 from 8:00am to 6:00pm while on her World voyage.

While it won't be the party the QM2 was back in 2007, I still plan on seeing QV when she's here in a couple of weeks.

http://www.sfgov.org/site/port_page.asp?id=89092

Let's hope it's a nice day here in SF for viewing the newest Queen!

Hey, Ted.

We were there, too. A crew member who was on the QE2 with us for our honeymoon is now on QV, and we met her at the ship...alas, no VIP tour, but we did spend a fun day together, showing her S.F. It was fun to see the ship from all the places we took her...

Andrew

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's a long shot. Anybody from SF (besides us) going on the 35-day HAL Maasdam cruise, R/T Boston to N. Europe leaving 7/17/10??

If not, do you know anyone from elsewhere, gay or str8, who's going?

Sadly, I predict everybody onboard will be over 60... just like us. Sigh.

JoeAndMichael

Here's a long shot. Anybody from SF (besides us) going on the 35-day HAL Maasdam cruise, R/T Boston to N. Europe leaving 7/17/10??

If not, do you know anyone from elsewhere, gay or str8, who's going?

Sadly, I predict everybody onboard will be over 60... just like us. Sigh.

JoeAndMichael

Your trip sounds fantastic, I wish that I was aboard !! :) Is this the annual Holland America sailing that actually touches the Arctic Circle? I remember an officer on the Oosterdam telling us about it.

• 1 month later...