Aida ship seen in NYC 9/11 & 9/18?

summerlovers

• 2 weeks later...
They are mainly from Germans only and rarely take bookings from the non-German public. They do have 17 cruise out of New York on the AIDAaura & AIDAluna.

AIDA is a subsidiary of Costa and belongs therefore to the Carnival group. Its not only for germans but for german-speaking guests. so they accept bookings if you do understand german. :rolleyes:

AIDA is a subsidiary of Costa and belongs therefore to the Carnival group. Its not only for germans but for german-speaking guests. so they accept bookings if you do understand german. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info. Explains why it was in port (CCL corporate ownership since they own Costa).

Sure was a beautiful looking ship. It was a real treat to see a different line coming in behind us.

• 2 months later...

Not fully correct. Costa and AIDA cruises belong to Carnival group, no one is the other's subsidiary.

On my last AIDA sailing there were more than 10 nations on board, but it will be a lonesome trip if you don't speak german anyway. :cool:

Not fully correct. Costa and AIDA cruises belong to Carnival group, no one is the other's subsidiary.

On my last AIDA sailing there were more than 10 nations on board, but it will be a lonesome trip if you don't speak german anyway. :cool:

Really? The official title is still

AIDA Cruises - German branch of costa crociere s.p.a :confused: So AIDa is still a subsidiary and every ship is italian registrated

Really? The official title is still

AIDA Cruises - German branch of costa crociere s.p.a :confused: So AIDa is still a subsidiary and every ship is italian registrated

You are right. This information is completely new to me. Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

A couple of days ago, my husband and I were in Georgetown Grand Cayman on Celebrity's Millenium and saw the Aida Aura. We have seen it in other ports in Europe and thought that it was an "old" Carnival ship, with the "whale tail" removed. The ship, although nicely painted looks like one from the 80's - no balconies, smallish, etc. When I Googled the ship it said it was built in 2003. It sure doesn't look like a 2003 ship.

Can anyone help with the history of this ship?

Thanks

When I Googled the ship it said it was built in 2003. It sure doesn't look like a 2003 ship.

Can anyone help with the history of this ship?

Thanks

The ship was built as the "AIDAaura" for AIDA Cruises in 2003, indeed. She's never had a different name nor has she ever sailed for a different company. She does have balcony cabins on deck 7.

• 4 months later...

Archived