ECLIPSE--Which Pier/San Juan/St. Thomas?

grammy c

Cruising 1/21/12 and wondering which pier the Eclipse docks at while in SJ and St. Thomas. New to CCL and more recently on many Princess cruises we've docked these ports in NOT our most favorite locations.Thanks

Hi, sailing from Miami for a port day in San Juan she will dock in Old

San Juan and in St Thomas, Havensight.

Celebrity uses both piers in St. Thomas. Sometimes the decision is made at the last minute. Last winter, all the "shopping maps" etc. indicated that we would be at one place, and even in the morning at breakfast the Captain's Club host said we would be there, but we ended up at Havensight. The cruises before us had not docked at Havensight, but for some reason, we did. It depends on how many other ships are in port that day, among other things.

...Every cruise I have taken has

docked in Havensight.

Us too, at least on every Celebrity cruise we've taken. I can't remember where the Princess and Carnival cruises we took years ago docked. But we've been to St. Thomas on 4 Celebrity cruises over the past 7 years and all have docked at Havensight.

Ships can even tender at St. Thomas, depending on how many other ships are in port the same day. According to one site that monitors cruise ships' schedules in St. Thomas, Eclipse on 12/27/2011, Constellation on 1/11/2012 and Solstice on 1/18/2012 and 2/01/2012 will be at anchorage. And according to their records Solstice used Crown Bay on 1/5/2011 and 2/16/2011. Constellation was supposed to use Crown Bay in February but instead docked at Havensight, as I reported. Don't know if it has anything to do with who gets to St. Thomas first, or what other factors. But I do know that it isn't real pleasant to be in town when, as on 1/18/2012 they will have Carnival Glory, Disney Magic, Freedom of the Seas, Grand Princess, Norwegian Epic, Solstice, and Westerdam all there at the same time.

I am so glad this coming cruise I have no intention of getting off the ship.

I will find a lounger around the Solarium pool, have my book and my drink

and will end up napping:). All the people from all the ships won't affect

me at all;)....going on Eclipse in November and not sure which dock will

be at but it doesn't matter.:)

Archived