Oasis Questions

Fun2snorkel

Hi. My daughter and I are planning to book the Oasis for May 2012. We have a few questions, if anyone could help!

Which do you like better - Boardwalk rooms with balcony or Central Park rooms with balcony?

If Boardwalk rooms with balcony, which is the best floor and which is the best location (closer to the aqua theater, or the middle, or the farthest from the aqua theater).

Same question for Central Park rooms with balcony, which is the best floor and location?

Does anyone know if these inside "balcony" rooms allow you to get the Diamond Balcony discount?

Thanks!

Yes, you can get your C&A balcony discount on interior balconies. We've done it twice.

Many people would say that the best interior balcony is the last balcony before the aquatheatre.

Our kids had a CP balcony, and they loved it! It was on deck 10, near the front staircase, and very convenient.

Don't know about the discount, but I would think they would apply.

We were on Oasis last week and I would rather have the Boardwalk balcony over a Central Park one and definitely one with a view of the aqua theater. Not only can you see the water shows, but they also show movies throughout the week on the big screens. I have read since going on my cruise and booking my cabin that most people say 8th floor is best which would be convenient to Central Park.

We had a ocean view balcony because I want to see the ocean when I am on a cruise. We were on deck 11 aft and it was very convenient to watch the aqua theater shows off the "hidden" balcony in the aft of the ship. If I book again I will be a bit closer to the elevators but we loved our cabin location!

you do get the balcony discount.

I like the Boardwalk balcony. With these you see sky, a bit of ocean, aqua theater, and all the boardwalk activity. given all options, I would select a Boardwalk cabin near the rear of the ship, unless you have trouble walking that far. I like deck 11 or deck 12, in that order, as those have little used public decks off the back of the ship.

With Central park, you do not see any ocean at all from your balcony, but others might still like it better. Central park may be a quieter location is you are a light sleeper. during the day, the view is more serene, less active. Central park is a more central location on the ship, which might be nice if you one has mobility issues.

I would go for the Boardwalk balcony. The closer to the aquatheater, the better. As for deck, also I think the higher the better but try to avoid the 2 highest decks because those are under the basketball court and the bridge between the flowriders blocks your view of the ocean a bit if you're too close to it.

Hi everyone! I am fun2snorkel's daughter. Thanks for the feedback so far. We have no issues with mobility and love to walk so no issues there. I think we have decided to go for the Boardwalk Room!!

We see many rooms available on the 11th floor, including the room at the very end - closest to the theater (11729)! Actually about the 1st 5-6 rooms show available.

So, is it best to book that end room or better to be down a couple of rooms?

Also, we understand that the rooms are laid out different - every other room. Does anyone know the configuration of 11729?

Hi everyone! I am fun2snorkel's daughter. Thanks for the feedback so far. We have no issues with mobility and love to walk so no issues there. I think we have decided to go for the Boardwalk Room!!

We see many rooms available on the 11th floor, including the room at the very end - closest to the theater (11729)! Actually about the 1st 5-6 rooms show available.

So, is it best to book that end room or better to be down a couple of rooms?

Also, we understand that the rooms are laid out different - every other room. Does anyone know the configuration of 11729?

That end room (11729) is considered a prime cabin. If you have decided on a Boardwalk view, I would grab that cabin, or at least put a hold on it, right now. It may not be there later, it is that desirable.

Thanks DonnaK.

Do you (or anyone) know if the bed is by the balcony or closet in room 11729?

Also, I understand their is a public area near there, do you think it would get noisy from passengers?

Based on an every-other- room count from the nearest 3 person cabin, I suspect that 11729 has the bed near the closet. Directly across, 11329, probably has the bed by the balcony.

The decks at the end of those halls have not been heavily utilized in the past. many passengers do not know they are available; I suppose that could change. For many passengers, those decks are out of the way, but if you book on that hallway, those deck are nice and convenient with great views. Your balcony would be separated from the public deck by the rock climbing wall, so you should not get too much noise there. I suppose you could maybe hear people going through the door to the deck if you happened to have some exceptionally loud fellow passengers. As far as I know, there is no way to be sure to avoid the occasional loud neighbor is there? smoking is allowed on those public decks, but I do not think the smoke is likely to blow past the rock wall to your balcony.

Archived