Battery Powered Fan

• 1 month later...

We'll probably have to order one of these fans too. Thanks for the info.

We use a noise machine and a fan at home even when it's quite cold out. If there's nowhere to plug in the noise machine (or if they take it away), we'll at least have to have a fan running. We're in a balcony room but not sure about leaving the door open at night, as much as I would love to do that. And, my girlfriend isn't sure how she'll survive without her heated mattress pad. She uses it even when it's warm out.

I have a small battery powered fan that also has an AC adapter. I never use the batteries since they are heavy, but just plug it in when I'm on the ship. I ALWAYS take it since more often than not the cabin's HVAC system does not cool enough for sleeping under the duvet provided.

I've never had it confiscated.

I also ALWAYS carry a printout of the list of prohibited items with me in my carry-on bag in the event some port or ship security person tries to get creative and confiscate something that they have no business grabbing - such as a six pack of soda or a case of bottled water. Here's the list of the prohibited items fon the RCCL website:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqId=2608&faqSubjectId=333&faqType=faq

I also ALWAYS carry a printout of the list of prohibited items with me in my carry-on bag in the event some port or ship security person tries to get creative and confiscate something that they have no business grabbing - such as a six pack of soda or a case of bottled water. Here's the list of the prohibited items fon the RCCL website:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqId=2608&faqSubjectId=333&faqType=faq

Wow! I thought even sodas and water weren't allowed anymore. I've printed it out also. Thank you!

Wow! I thought even sodas and water weren't allowed anymore. I've printed it out also. Thank you!

They aren't. Click on the next link at bottom and it states:

"Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse typographical errors.

Has anyone ever taken a Battery powered Fan, to use in their stateroom? Also what brand did you use, and how well did it work? I sleep better with the air circulation and the sound of a fan. I use to take a small fan, but on our last cruise in Jan, they had me come down to the naughty room and give them my fan. They gave it back to me the day of our return.

Thanks in advance for your help!

You are absolutely allowed to take plug in fans onboard the ship. I did have one security person back in September tell me that he would allow it that time, but next time I can't bring it.. :confused:

I contacted Royal Caribbean to get an official, written response and I have the following printed out with me every cruise in case I get a non-informed security person:

Dear Mr. xxxxxxxx:

Thank you for your email.

During our conversation in Live Chat, I advised you that small fans, battery operated or electric, are permitted onboard our ships. This was supported by our Special Needs Department. As many people require fans to sleep at night, they made the determination to allow guest to bring them onboard. The security teams were advised some time ago not to confiscate them at the pier. If you encounter any problems in the future, we advise you to let them know that the Special Needs Department has permitted this. Maybe even go so far as to have it remarked in your reservation as a special request. This would ensure you do not have any problems at the pier.

Mr. xxxxxxxx, thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International. We look forward to welcoming you aboard in the future.

Sincerely,

Dayna Bolton

Customer Service Representative

Archived