When can you board for an 11pm sailing

bloomcruisers

We are booked on the April 2012 French polynesia Regatta cruise which sails at 11pm. When might O allow boarding for such a late departure? This is a new itinerary for them so there isn't any history to reference. If anyone has been on other O ships with late sailings that could give some guidance, we'd appreciate it. We are trying to plan our pre-cruise activities and it would help to know when we can board.

What I would do is reasearch when the ship arrives in port ending the cruise previous to yours.

Generally speaking, after the previous guests are gone, and the ship is provisioned and cleaned, Oceania will be pretty freewheeling with embarkation in a place like Polynesia, knowing that most people will be arriving after a long flight (or having to check out of a hotel at a certain hour).

What you don't want to do is to get involved in something on that day which will make your arrival too close to departure. I would be very suprised to learn that they didn't want you aboard by 9PM at the latest.

Of course, if you wanted to check in earlier in the day, there is nothing to stop you from going ashore to continue your sightseeing after you're all settled. ;)

Bloomcruisers, for the 'Legacies of Antiquity' cruise Mura mentions above (on the O Marina, departing Rome on Oct 21 at 10pm), at least three different embarkation times have come up in our roll call forum - 'regular' cabins at 3pm, concierge level at 1pm, and suites at 11am.

FYI the Marina arrives in Rome at 6am on Oct 21 (same day as the Legacies cruise departs), if that helps. JimandStan's suggestion of checking the arrival of the ship into your embarkation port is a good one. And I think I also saw something in the paperwork encouraging guests to be on board at least 2 hours before departure.

For Regatta the cabin classes and assigned boarding times will likely differ from Marina since M. is a larger ship. But the idea of being boarding well ahead of that 11pm sailaway is probably a good one no matter what!

My bad ... I'm used to only two boarding times since this upcoming trip is our first on Marina. It makes sense that with more passengers they would try to spread the arrival tlmes out.

But I would say that Oceania doesn't "encourage" people to be on board two hours before departure. My understanding is that this is a requirement.

Mura

Most hotels will store your bags if you want to do the tourist things a bit longer before heading to the port (hope you are flying in a day or more early)

You can always check your bag at the port but then you are sitting around waiting to board with your carry-on ;)

we usually go later in the day maybe 2 pm then have a bite to eat until your cabin is ready

Drop the carry-on and explore the ship

Lyn

Archived