Will the cruiseline help you get 'side by side' cabins?

ALadyNCal

Right now we have two cabins 'almost' next to each other. There is one cabin between us.

Do you think it's possible to have Celebrity contact the people in that cabin to see if they would consider switching? :p

They are all midship balcony cabins, I don't think any of the three are superior to each other (ie oversized balcony).

Think it's completely impossible? Is my best shot is to have my TA contact Celebrity? Or me contact the Captains Club?

Probably a long shot all around.....but there isn't any harm in ASKING, right? :)

No harm in trying?....I guess not, but you might have better luck having your TA relook at what is available and moving to two adjacent SRs. Personally, we travel with good friends and we get SRs on opposite sides so we can enjoy the 'better view', depending on the port and so on.

But if you need adjacent for family or kids, its always good to do this initially (I know, not very handy advice now).

Seen a few posts on this subject, and most of them were not successful, and most of the time the ship/Line is not conductive to even asking people to move. And I don't think your TA will be in a situation to know who the people are, and even if they knew, if they'd ask.

Hope its more of a convenience thing for you.

Den

relook at what is available and moving to two adjacent SRs
We upgraded to balcony cabins and I picked the best choice available; but there is one cabin between the two.

If it were ME and I was in the middle of two related cabins, I'd be happy to move. Otherwise, those people will be back and forth across your doorstep constantly :D

If it weren't for all the paperwork onboard, I could just politely ask the people themselves when we board if they would consider switching.

PS: Did not think my TA would know who they are; just that they could maybe initiate a request to Celebrity on my behalf.

while it would seem logical to you and I, the chances of the cruise line or anyone else contacting the person with the cabin you want is somewhere between zero and none.

Your best (and realistically your only) bet is to ask your TA (or celebrity, if you booked directly) to see if they can find you two adjacent cabins.

I'd suggest that instead of taking up your own time waiting to see if someone will agree with you, or say they did it, on this thread that you ask your TA. Since you went through a TA, Celebrity will not make changes or get involved with your reservations. So your only recourse is your TA. But again, I doubt your TA will be able to find out who it is, if they could do so, I doubt they would even ask. It's one of those things that you (or I?) may not have an issue with, but many do.

There was a post a while ago where this poster kept pressing on how it would be logical, considering how much 'noise' and problems there would be for the person who wouldn't move to accomodate them. The responses to that post was they'd get themselve a quick visit from security and would have a major problem that didn't include missing out being nextdoor to each other.

I suggest you don't even consider working it with the people when you get onboard. That could cause a situation with a complete stranger, and one poster had said they asked at the front desk to see if the people would move, and the desk wouldn't do so.

I agree with the earlier poster, it may sound reasonable, but it really isn't to many, and if you are really big on it, ask your TA....and don't think your TA is being unhelpful when you get the response back most expect.

Den

OK, I won't pursue it. To me, it sounds really logical. But clearly a big deal that is not likely to happen.

So I will get back to other issues now.... Finishing my shore excursion plans, figuring out the weather for November, making online dinner reservations, finding restaurants in Rome, getting a kitty sitter, learning a few phrases in Italian, etc. :)

PS: I WILL double check that my 'neighbor' hasn't signed up for my Roll Call tho!

Archived