Confirming Info I've Read- Port Canaveral

Chowder_17

Hello,

I'm sure it's posted on here a million times, but I have issues with the search function.

We are flying into Melbourne and are renting a car one-way. It is my understanding that when I drop it off at the Cape Canaveral rental place they will shuttle us over to the port for free?

After the cruise, is it cheaper to take a taxi (there is two of us) or purchase a $40pp shuttle pass from Carnival back to Melbourne Airport?

Thanks!

hmmmmm ...

I'm not aware of a car rental company that has locations at both Melb' airport AND Port Canaveral . ..

What company have you booked with?

The port 'friendly' agencies are: Hertz, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Thrifty & AVIS

{{National closed their port office a couple of years ago, and their only location is near the Melb' airport}}

hmmmmm ...

I'm not aware of a car rental company that has locations at both Melb' airport AND Port Canaveral . ..

What company have you booked with?

The port 'friendly' agencies are: Hertz, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Thrifty & AVIS

{{National closed their port office a couple of years ago, and their only location is near the Melb' airport}}

I've booked with Hertz, for pickup at MLB, then drop off at Cape Canaveral.

Any info on return to the airport? Taxi or Cruiseline transportation?

I've booked with Hertz, for pickup at MLB, then drop off at Cape Canaveral.

Any info on return to the airport? Taxi or Cruiseline transportation?

The Hertz location in Cape Canaveral is in the parking lot of the Marriott Residence Inn (5 minutes from the terminal). If the one way rate you have from MLB is reasonable you should look into using a Hertz one way rental to return to MLB. Hertz has a free shuttle from the terminal to their site. You could flip a coin on this, if a shuttle service from the ship to MLB is less than a car rental go with that or take the rental car if it's cheaper.

We are thinking of using the name your price bidding site and just get the car for the week and pay for parking. We did this in Miami and got a car for $10 a day. Although we paid for parking it was still chepaer than two one way rentals.

Archived