Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

I am not going to meetings but weighing myself every Wednesday. Last week was my first. I am going to post it here, maybe that will hold me accountable!

SW 184.6

CW 183.2

GW 145 (might readjust that later)

Down 1.2 not great but it's a start! I was worried because I cheated yesterday. I babysat my friends daughter and then we all went out to eat. I was real good and ordered a salad with chicken but.....I got home and my youngest son (15) is in culinary class at school. He wanted to make what they cooked that day, the cheesy garlic biscuits like at red lobster. They were so good. I ended up eating 2. At least I still had a loss!

I am not going to meetings but weighing myself every Wednesday. Last week was my first. I am going to post it here, maybe that will hold me accountable!

SW 184.6

CW 183.2

GW 145 (might readjust that later)

Down 1.2 not great but it's a start! I was worried because I cheated yesterday. I babysat my friends daughter and then we all went out to eat. I was real good and ordered a salad with chicken but.....I got home and my youngest son (15) is in culinary class at school. He wanted to make what they cooked that day, the cheesy garlic biscuits like at red lobster. They were so good. I ended up eating 2. At least I still had a loss!

Congrats on your loss!!!!! You can add your biscuits into the extra points for the week!!!!!

I'm a little worried for the weekend. I am going with my SIL's to Taos New Mexico. I hope I will stick to plan but I have a feeling I won't;) Hopefully I will stay pretty good.

Debbie

Hello,

Got weighed for the first time over the weekend. I'm at 171 and have set up a tier schedule for myself.

6 lbs - honorable mention

11 lbs - bronze medal

16 lbs - silver medal

21 lbs - gold medal

The hardest for me is, that after I loose the weight, to maintain the weight no matter how hard I try.

Next weigh in should be interesting.

Got weighed this past weekend and lost 2 pounds - only 19 more to go :D

Hey Guys!

Great to hear about all the weight loss and healthier lifestyles!

My husband and I are also "on board" ( LOL ).

Between us both, we have lost almost 40 pounds since July. We feel SO much better and we really LOVE our new lifestyle. I go to Weight Watchers and love the Points Plus program and the weekly meetings for inspiration and encouragement.

But, here's the thing:

I heard on a news report about cruising that "typically people gain two pounds a day on a cruise"!!!!! UGH!!!!

Is that true?

We are going on the Magic in January for eight days! Are we gonna gain back ALL the weight we worked SO hard to lose on ONE cruise!

HELP!!!!

Got any good ideas of healthy dining choices on the cruise?

Carnival has its own version with "Spa Carnival Cuisine," and during meals at least one Spa Carnival starter, main course and dessert is always available. The options sound a lot more colorful than they used to -- for instance, Whole Roasted Quail Filled with a Delicate Herb Stuffing and Cream of Sun-Ripened Tomatoes with a Touch of Gin....and don't forget to try out the gym!:)

Back from my trip! Had a great time. I didn't get back in time for my meeting so I will wait til next week.We had snow in the mountains. We lost electricity,water, heat & both vehicles were stuck in the snow. So after we got the vehicles out we got off the mountain & went into town & got hotel rooms. So much for being pioneer women. LOL!

I hope everyone is having a good week.

Debbie

Is it to late to join your group? We are cruising in Jan, I joined weight watchers and have the new points system. My friend lost 15 the first two weeks and each week there after has lost three or four.she looks great and says she feels great.I am starting the journal on 10/14 and they said I get twenty -three points . My friend drinks water with a little lemon juice and unsweet tea.Love it. so here goes.any tips are welcome to fight eating to much of even good food for you.

I did the old weight watcher point system at home. I have been a member in the past and this time I just did it at home. I have lost 25.6 LBS :eek: so far. I have reached my goal and all my cruise dresses fit. Whoo Hoo!!! I started the end of February but took the month of July off because we were on a 3 week vacation and I just enjoyed it.

I wish you all luck on your weight loss journeys. Its a head game.....at least it is for me. Once I set my mind on it it does work.

Enjoy all your upcoming cruises!!:)

Is it to late to join your group? We are cruising in Jan, I joined weight watchers and have the new points system. My friend lost 15 the first two weeks and each week there after has lost three or four.she looks great and says she feels great.I am starting the journal on 10/14 and they said I get twenty -three points . My friend drinks water with a little lemon juice and unsweet tea.Love it. so here goes.any tips are welcome to fight eating to much of even good food for you.

Why do you only have 23 points? The minimum on the new system is 29?

Wow, everyone seems to be doing so good! I am losing really slow but have cheated a few times. I need to crack down.

Weigh in yesterday

SW 184.6

LW 183.2

CW 182.6

GW 145

I got a new android phone and downloaded a ww application (not official ww) it was $1.49 and it is great. Has tons of restraunts and you can track food and activity but the coolest thing is a scanner, you scan the bar code on your food and it calculates the points per serving. It is AWESOME!! I have been going through my cupboards scanning everything. A few things don't come up but most things do.

Connie

I am still doing really well on the diet. First week 6 lbs, second week 3.5, and so far this week I'm down 2.5. I don't weigh in til Saturday so hoping I lose 3 or more this week. I'm still not using all the points. It seems like when I even get close to 25 I feel too full. Pretty much been eating 20 points or so a day. I think I eat so many steamed veggies it tends to fill me up. Of course I could eat 9 WW fudge pops to bring it to 29 points but that isnt good. LOL

Nice to hear everyone is doing well so far! Wtg!

Edited by skiwee

Hi everyone!

I cruise May 15 2012. Joined WW I Sept. Went to 2 meetings. Lost 6 lbs first week. Missed a month

Went back Thursday and had gained back the entire 6 pounds! Help! :( Know I need to stay persistent. And there's no excuse with the new points plus. Plenty of fruit and veggies to eat. You all seem so successful! I need to get stronger....want to wear a 2 piece swimsuit this cruise. That's my goal. Doing the 10 Minute Trainer every morning and walking in the evenings. Hope It's not too late to join your group.

Karen

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Karen, hang in there...everyone starts and stops, you just gotta keep going. I started back in July, down 17 pounds even though I didn't go for about 5 weeks in there. Meeting is today after work, hope I have lost a little. Its hard to be good and have weigh-ins after the weekend. I'm trying to lose at least 13 more before Jan. cruise. Reading CC on my lunch and eating a Smart Ones Teriyaki Chicken for 6 points. Had a 3 point breakfast of yogurt. What kind of nursing are you in? I am a school nurse.

Sue:)

Week 3 for me brought 3 more lbs off. I used to have cheat weekends after weigh in but slowly been limiting them. This week I had just one cheat day and I'm down 2 lbs already. I have til Saturday weigh in to go another couple. Total loss so far is 12.5 lbs in 3 weeks. Woot! WTG to all!

Week 3 for me brought 3 more lbs off. I used to have cheat weekends after weigh in but slowly been limiting them. This week I had just one cheat day and I'm down 2 lbs already. I have til Saturday weigh in to go another couple. Total loss so far is 12.5 lbs in 3 weeks. Woot! WTG to all!

Great job!!!!!

I joined WW June 2010. I have been at my goal weight for 8 months. Crusing next month, excited and a little concerned I will eat to much. This is my 2nd cruise. Any tips on not eating everthing available??? I have a plan, hope I can stick to it. Weight Watchers is the best plan ever. Keep up the good work ladies, it's so worth it.

I joined WW June 2010. I have been at my goal weight for 8 months. Crusing next month, excited and a little concerned I will eat to much. This is my 2nd cruise. Any tips on not eating everthing available??? I have a plan, hope I can stick to it. Weight Watchers is the best plan ever. Keep up the good work ladies, it's so worth it.

Congrats on making your goal weight. Especially being able to keep it.

Debbie

Avoid the buffets. It is much easier to control portion size and impulses when eating in the dining room. The experience is also much more pleasant and you will meet a lot of interesting and nice people.

Edited by billrco90278

Hello to everyone, was cruising the different threads yesterday and found this great one. I joined ww sept 24. Lost 1.4 the first week was back up .8 the next week and this past week i was down 3.2. I was not happy with slight gain but it is a trial and error thing for me. Also my husband does not need to watch his weight (very active job) and although he is supportive in my efforts, it is hard for him to control the way he cooks. Btw, he loves to cook. But my heart and soul is in this to make myself healthier and happier. I am so happy to be apart of your group. Keep up the great work to all of us.