Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

I think my scale is broken. There's been no change in either direction for quite some time:confused:. Hopefully, Santa will be able to bring me a new one so that I can chart my progress:eek: so until then I'm just not gonna get weighed until after the holidays:(

I hope he brings you a new one too. I just bought a new one about one month ago and love it. It is sleek stainless steel and low profile. Nice to have one that is accurate, more importantly!

Hello everyone!

I haven't been on here in a while. These holidays are really rough on me for some reason. I was down 1.6 this week which was good but I'm still making up for the 2 I had gained a couple weeks ago. The next 2 weeks are going to be rough but I'm hanging in there;)

Good luck on all your losses over the weekend!!!!!

Debbie

SW-185.8

CW-173.6

GW-137

Hello, All.

Well, it hasn't been so good. :( So, I'm trying to get back to the gym. Not up much, but enough to make me mad at myself, & motivated a little more. DH had to be at work early this morning, so I "wogged" almost 3 miles around our neighborhood instead of going to the gym. At least 3 days a week, all during the holidays, I need to either get to the gym or walk outside! ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY!

My home scale says I'm up a bit compared to my last check-in here, but I lost .2 at WW weigh in yesterday, so that is good! ANY WW loss is good!

"I'll see a little less of you next time!" :)

SW (Original) 183

CW 167.0

GW 145

Hi Everyone!! I started PP just this week (Yes---a week before the holidays, what was I thinking!) WW has always worked for me so I'm looking forward to starting the journey again....

I would like to lose 40lbs total...Our cruise is 5/5/12. That's a pretty hefty goal but I'm hoping for maybe 30 by then!

So how is everyone liking the points system? I really have not given it chance yet. I have been slack on tracking my points, so I am hoping to be weighing in tomorrow night with a loss. Will keep you informed. Everyone have a great week and good luck at your weigh-ins.

I have been on WW PP for a year now, I've lost 26 lbs, so only an average of 1/2 lb a week, but I feel and look so much better then I did a year ago.

I Like the PP program much better then the old program, it's easier for me to follow.

My stats:

Ht 5'2"

SW 169

CW 143

GW 135

Yipee, less then 10 lbs to lose.

Edited by Suzque49

I have not really been tracking my points the last few weeks, so I am not a good judge of the new points system. But I did have my weigh-in Thursday at lunchtime. I managed to come out with a loss of 1.8#. I am pleased with that for this time of year. Happy Holidays to everyone!

I have not really been tracking my points the last few weeks, so I am not a good judge of the new points system. But I did have my weigh-in Thursday at lunchtime. I managed to come out with a loss of 1.8#. I am pleased with that for this time of year. Happy Holidays to everyone!

good work. keep it up

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone has been too busy to join in on the posts since Christmas. Well I have to say, i gained over the holiday season but only .6. I can handle that. I am so looking forward to my cruise in 10 days! I have not lost what I wanted to lose before leaving but that will not hold me back from having a GREAT time. Have great weighins this week, everyone.

Week two on the scale, having followed the points faithfully, no change. At least there's next week.:(

Since restarting WWP in 10/11, as of 12/31/11, I've lost a total of 3.2lbs:eek:. Sometimes looking at the bigger picture helps me to put things into perspective.:D

Are there any major changes (aside from the lowering of the total points for the day)? I joined in 2011 but have not gone back to meetings. Probably will reactivate my online account this weekend, although right now I am just calorie tracking and doing 1200 cal a day on my fitness pal and that seems to be helping me. Katherine

I have been on WW for a year, lost about 25 lbs in that year.

There has been multiple episodes of hitting a plateau and staying there for 3 or 4 months. I looked at it as learning to maintaining and tried not to get discouraged by it.

The new points program allows you to stay with 29 instead of going down to 26, so tha is what I opted to do, so far so good. only 7 more pounds to goal.

SW 169

CW 142

GW 135

I don't have much time as my cruise departs Feb 19th, but if there's one thing I've learned - isn't 5-10lbs down better than staying the same? To a previous poster, there are some changes with Points Plus besides (perhaps) lowering the daily points. Apparently you can do Simply Filling on a as needed basis during the week when tracking is not working out or just because. Something to think about when we're cruising.

I just read Cruising Mickey's post again and I feel the pain. I've been on Weight Watchers since May of 2011 and I've lost and gained the same 5lbs. It's completely my fault. I'm a rule breaker and a rebel at heart and it's doing me absolultely no good. When I track - I have near perfect weeks and I lose the most weight. When I don't track, I sit in the meetings feeling upset for myself for not getting it together. Hang in there and defintely DON'T BE LIKE ME. On the other hand, I went to my WW mtg today and the leader mentioned that it took her 3 years to lose 60 pounds because she was such a bad student. I guess I'm not the only one. I just don't want it to take 3 years. Maybe I could reach my goal by May if I actually try. Lost 1.5 today. Goal for this week: Drink more water and TRACK.

I have been on WW for a year, lost about 25 lbs in that year.

There has been multiple episodes of hitting a plateau and staying there for 3 or 4 months. I looked at it as learning to maintaining and tried not to get discouraged by it.

The new points program allows you to stay with 29 instead of going down to 26, so tha is what I opted to do, so far so good. only 7 more pounds to goal.

SW 169

CW 142

GW 135

Suzque, how tall are you if I may ask? Your weight numbers are exactly the same as mine (170.2 this am) and my goal is the same as yours. Did you do exercises? If so, what sort? I have a really bad knee so it's very hard for me to just "work out" which is what everyone always says I have to do. Any other advice? I signed up on line and can already see some changes for the better. I have 26 points, I think. And I noticed that my wheat pasta 1/2c is now 5 points!!! :eek: It was 3 last year. LOL. I think the low carb thing is hitting WW, which is fine with me since I tend to eat too many carbs anyway.

I tracked what I ate yesterday and I had 1350 calories based on myfitnesspal.com with 150g of carbs. WW gave me 30 points for the day. So seems to me the 26 points is about 1200 calories.

Katherine

Hi Katherine, I'm short, just 5'2" (if I stand up VERY straight LOL) and 62 yrs old.

Per WW my upper weight limit should be 137. I haven't seen that in 25 years!!! (My actual starting weight, lost some before I joined WW, was 171).

I would LOVE to get down to the 120s, but not likely.

A size 12 is getting loose on me, I was a snug size 16. I've lost about 6 inches off my hips and bust, about 5 off my waist.

As far as exercise, I have arthritis in my spine and bursitis in my hip so it's difficult, but I walk a lot at work and have a recumbent stationary bike that I use from time to time, (haven't been on it since Christimas) Mainly just sticking to the program and walking.

I should add that I go out to lunch when I'm at work which is 4 days a week. Just pay attention to what I eat, substitute salad or fruit for the french fries, grilled chicken etc. WW works if you stick to the program, I eat whatever I want, just in moderation, usually have a WW ice cream bar or brownie every night. Gotta live with this the rest of my life, so enjoying my favorite foods and giving myself permssion to have a hamburger and fries when I really want it helps a lot.

Edited by Suzque49

Hi Katherine, I'm short, just 5'2" (if I stand up VERY straight LOL) and 62 yrs old.

Per WW my upper weight limit should be 137. I haven't seen that in 25 years!!! (My actual starting weight, lost some before I joined WW, was 171).

I would LOVE to get down to the 120s, but not likely.

A size 12 is getting loose on me, I was a snug size 16. I've lost about 6 inches off my hips and bust, about 5 off my waist.

As far as exercise, I have arthritis in my spine and bursitis in my hip so it's difficult, but I walk a lot at work and have a recumbent stationary bike that I use from time to time, (haven't been on it since Christimas) Mainly just sticking to the program and walking.

I should add that I go out to lunch when I'm at work which is 4 days a week. Just pay attention to what I eat, substitute salad or fruit for the french fries, grilled chicken etc. WW works if you stick to the program, I eat whatever I want, just in moderation, usually have a WW ice cream bar or brownie every night. Gotta live with this the rest of my life, so enjoying my favorite foods and giving myself permssion to have a hamburger and fries when I really want it helps a lot.

Well, it sounds like you have done really great! I am actually relieved to hear that you are not exercising like crazy. I keep reading these articles on how to lose weight and everyone says work out for like 1-2h a day! I am thinking whaaaa??? How OLD do you think we dieters are, LOL. Anyway, I am down 0.5lb for the first 3 days of WW, so I guess that's good. I am 5ft 8in and I have about 20lb total to lose and it just never seems to come off. I lose about 5 and then I plateau for like 3 months and then I give up on the diet.

Katherine