Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

Hello to everyone, was cruising the different threads yesterday and found this great one. I joined ww sept 24. Lost 1.4 the first week was back up .8 the next week and this past week i was down 3.2. I was not happy with slight gain but it is a trial and error thing for me. Also my husband does not need to watch his weight (very active job) and although he is supportive in my efforts, it is hard for him to control the way he cooks. Btw, he loves to cook. But my heart and soul is in this to make myself healthier and happier. I am so happy to be apart of your group. Keep up the great work to all of us.

Congrats on your loss. You are doing very good so far!!!!

Debbie

Hi.....Just finished my first week on the ppv program, after having done every other WW plan since the ice age. Tried the new plan once before but I couldn't get the old one out of my head. This time feels different. I think I needed to be away from it for awhile.

Going on a cruise in early Jan. 2012, and started reading the boards again. Glad I found this one.

So down 3.2 the first week:p Love fruit again!! Hope we all have a great week:D susan

Good morning, everyone!

I would like to join in your WW endeavors! I am 47 years old and started the WW Online version. I was diagnosed with Celiac disease on January 25 and so have to be especially certain to eat nothing with gluten in it. This makes following WW a little more difficult for me, but I have been trying to devise little ways to get around the wheat, rye, and barley issues.

I had been on WW before then became very ill (Celiac). I started losing weight rapidly (40 pounds in 7 weeks) and was severely malnourished. Well, part of Celiac and malnourishment is that you always feel as if you are STARVING, and while I was really sick I ate like a pig and still lost weight. This was the only bonus :D

However, once a diagnosis was made, and my small intestine began to heal I began to gain weight. And gain, and gain... :eek: Now, I am healthy. I am also fat :D I want to ultimately lose 40 pounds, but I will be content to lose 30 to 35. I have been following the WW Points Plus for the last week and have lost 5 pounds. I also exercise using a recumbent stationary bike using my doctor's formula (he's a funny guy and I love him to bits): He told me to "exercise until you break a sweat, then keep it up for at LEAST 40 minutes, or until you feel like you are going to die, whichever comes first!" He was of course kind of joking. Kind of!

So that is my story, I look forward to us each supporting the other and cheering our successes together! I cruise the Spirit on January 20/12 and I would like to feel confident and pretty in my sundresses!

Dee

Yet another Saturday on the scale, this time with disheartening results. Of the 2 pounds I previously lost, I gained back 1.8 lbs. At least, it's still a net loss of 0.2 lbs.:rolleyes:

Hang in there! Don't give up. It will come off!!!!! Weekends are hard.

Debbie

Hello,

Does anyone want to join me doing the Weight Watchers point system? I'm looking to lose 21 pounds by October 2013 (target cruise date). Let me know so that we can loose together.

Thanks.:cool:

I'll be one of your WW point buddies! I've been very successful losing weight with the WW system (dating back to 1985!) Unfortunately, I'm just as successful at gaining it all back, and then some. :mad: I'd like to lose 12-15% by my cruise in February. Today was my day 1; meetings are on Wednesday, however, so my first "official" weigh-in will be Wednesday. :eek:

well I leave on my cruise in a few days...whoo hoo...my goal was to get down to 135, today i weighed in and was 132.6!!!! Im so happy. I am just a half pound away from losing 30 pounds. :D Everyone doing the points system keep it up because it really works. Just remember if you bite it write it down. Good luck to you all. Bon Voyage!!

I fell off the wagon yesterday. LOL I usually do one cheat day on weigh in day, which I did. Yesterday was not weigh in day and it was baaad. LOL I made the mistake of having a fresh fruit smoothie for lunch. Well fruit makes me hungry and by 2pm I was starving. Instead of eating healthy, I instead ate choc pb ice cream among other goodies. Oh well, back on it today and no smoothies for me!

well I leave on my cruise in a few days...whoo hoo...my goal was to get down to 135, today i weighed in and was 132.6!!!! Im so happy. I am just a half pound away from losing 30 pounds. :D Everyone doing the points system keep it up because it really works. Just remember if you bite it write it down. Good luck to you all. Bon Voyage!!

Yay!!!!! That is awesome! You've done great!!!

Bon Voyage!

Debbie

I fell off the wagon yesterday. LOL I usually do one cheat day on weigh in day, which I did. Yesterday was not weigh in day and it was baaad. LOL I made the mistake of having a fresh fruit smoothie for lunch. Well fruit makes me hungry and by 2pm I was starving. Instead of eating healthy, I instead ate choc pb ice cream among other goodies. Oh well, back on it today and no smoothies for me!

I feel the same way if I have a smoothie at a place like Orange Julius or some similar restaurant. I make my own and I find if I add protein to my smoothie I don't get hungry and it really fills me up. The smoothie I make is 2 WW Points Plus, (according to my WW Online Points Calculator) and this is how I make it:

2/3 cup mixed frozen fruit (the mix I use is blueberries, peaches and strawberries prepackaged and not sweetened)

1 sliced banana

1/2 cup skim milk

4 tbsp non fat vanilla yogurt

I throw them all together in my Magic Bullet and process until blended. It truly is delicious and filling, I usually have one before I go to work in the morning after my coffee :)

Dee

I had my weigh -in last night and was only down .2 but it is a loss just the same. Was disappointed but this is a new week. Every little bit counts. I commend all of us, because out of the vices I have had or could have (use to smoke) everyone has to eat to stay alive but smoking or drinking or drugs are not mandatory to live (although for some it might feel like it). So thumbs up to all of us for the effort and successes we are having.

So glad to find this thread! I'm back at WW on the new PP program... 7 lb loss the first week, then nothing the 2nd, and down 1 this week. I am wondering if any of you eat the weekly and/or activity points? I usually have anywhere between 20-30 activity points, which I have never used, and usually end up using less than 20 of the weekly points. I do eat all 29 dailies, though, and go tend to go over on Friday and Saturdays...:o

We are going on our 1st B2B on 12/3, and I would really love to be about 15 lbs lighter.

I'm doing the online thing, since classes in my area aren't that inspiring, and I'm trying to be diligent about tracking. Sure wish wine didn't have so many points...sigh.:p

So happy to find this thread. Booked a cruise for November 2012 to celebrate my Husbands 50th Birthday and would love to lose this extra weight. I have been on Weight Watchers for almost 8 weeks now and am down 16 lbs but I still have a very long way to go.

I'm hoping this thread and my upcoming cruise will help keep me on track.

Looking forward to chatting with you all

Beth

Family events are such a downfall for me, cuz I end up eating things I know I really shouldn't but can't help it, then, combined with everything else on my menu for the week and all my walking, I shouldn't be surprised that there was no change. At least it didn't go up:D. Well there's always next Saturday. :o

Only 30 days before we fly out...:eek::eek::eek: Being realistic, that's probably 8 lbs, tops...sigh...

Well, that's better than no lbs, right? I did have a loss this past week, so I'm down 8.5 lbs in 3 weeks. So strange -- 7 lbs the first week, then it's like the ol' body just went into freeze mode!

More activity!!

Hi, I just wanted to say that I got to goal in my WW meeting yesterday, due to cruise in Feb 2013 so hoping to keep it off. The new points sysytem helped me lose slowly and surely over 6 months. Go for it, it is achievevable !!

WooHoo!!! Congrats!!!!!!

Debbie

Hi everyone,

I'd love to join you in losing weight for our upcoming cruises:) I want to lose 15 lbs. by Valentines day! That's 3 months away. That's alittle over 1 lb and week and I think that is very doable. But I know I need alot of support in getting there. Im a lifetime WW member that has fallen:(. I rejoined with the on-line program now. Anyone want to join me in this challenge.... 1lb a week,,,,, slow and steady wins the race!!! Hugs,,,,Mary