Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

Well did it again. Managed to pull off another pound. Did not think it would happen but it did. Good luck to all in the upcoming week.

Congratulations on your weight loss.

One of my friends joined the same gym that I go to. So last night we did the eliptical for 18 minutes and rode the stationary bikes for 18 minutes. I have not rode a bike in years so that was a nice change. I didn't burn as many calories as I usually do when I walk the treadmill but it is always good to switch it up. We also did a few weight machines. I worked on my arms and legs. After the gym I had a 1/2 cup of breyers neopolitan icecream. I crushed up one nature valley oats & honey bar and mixed it in for a nice 5 point treat.

Nice job at the gym. I walk everyday but sometimes that does not do much for me. So thinking about changing it to something else. I live in the country so trying to fit the gym in is not feasible for me due to time, so sounds like doing some extra activity in other forms is the way to go for me. Good job everyone.

I had breakfast (wheat thins and peanut butter) but for some reason it did not fill me. I ate my banana and an hour later I was starving. I ended up eating a 6 point bag of sun chips. Sooooo, I am over my alloted points for the day :mad:. I guess I will just go out for dinner tonight and then go to Zumba in the morning.

Tomorrow I will be making the beef and bean chili recipe that I found on weight watchers. I hope I like it :).

Have you tried the Jimmy Dean's D'light breakfast bowls? Only 7pts for the one i eat. It has turkey sausage, egg, cheese, and potatoes. Needs a little seasoning (salt and pepper) but otherwise pretty good, I think. I eat them a couple of times a week, very filling. ;)

Edited by wldwmndrvr

Have you tried the Jimmy Dean's D'light breakfast bowls? Only 7pts for the one i eat. It has turkey sausage, egg, cheese, and potatoes. Needs a little seasoning (salt and pepper) but otherwise pretty good, I think. I eat them a couple of times a week, very filling. ;)

It's funny because my son eats the regular Jimmy Dean breakfast bowls and he loves them. I have never tried them. Thanks for the tip b/c now I will give them a try.

The chili was a hit yesterday. I plan on having some for lunch today. Next time I will not use the jalapeno pepper. It was a bit more spicer than I expected.

Hope everyone enjoys there week....I can't believe Thanksgiving is Thursday.

Edited by DeeDee1234

It's Monday and my day to "start over again". I wish I had listened to my mother when I was about 13 and taken off the weight then because 40+ years later, it's harder than ever.

Boy......do I know what you mean. It seems like I would loose weight if I chewed gum when I was younger, but now forget about it. I know it is hard but just hang in there. It may take longer but it will happen ;).

Edited by DeeDee1234

Suprising enough I managed to lose 1/2 lb. Even though I ate 3 pcs pcs of lemon meringue pie, so I am happy. I hope everyone can get back on track. I putting my best foot forward, only 45 days till I cruise! A m so excited about that!. Good luck this week!

hi everyone

I joined weight watchers couple months ago beg of oct I think. anyway I have lost just over 12lbs. about a pd per week. I splurge more on saturday than anyother day then behave the rest of week. I do jazzercise for my exercise along with my work being housecleaner for about 6 houses a week. I jazz everyday (6x week) so I would hope I could at 47 yrs of age loose a lousy pd a week. lol anyway I cruise in beg of feb so whatever I weigh then will be an improvement.

Hello WW friends. I just wanted to share that I got an e-mail announcement from WW this morning telling me that they are AGAIN going to be changing the plan for 2012. The e-mail states, New PP 2012 Plan- offering custom options, new activity goals and flexable targets. This all sounds good and dandy but what really erks me is that everytime they tweek the plan, I have to go and buy a new points clicker and points and eating out books.

I joined back to WW in May and have had success on the PP plan. I was really getting into the swing of it and came to love the plan over the old points plan....... so we will just have to wait and see how the new plan goes.

Wishing everyone success this week.

Cari :)

Started tracking points...if I bite it, I write it. Finding this helpful. Why or why didn't I keep it off when I lost it all those years ago?

I so agreed with you about should have kept it off to begin with. But life happens and I have enjoyed mine, so having said that it is a "done thing" and now I will have to deal with it. So with the encouragement from each other, we will succeed. Good luck this week to all!

Well, when all is said and done about Tday I only gained 0.2lbs:eek:. Given stress and the amount of food available, I'll take this as a major step forward:D

Although I'll take this as a small victory :D, still no change this week. I'll just be happy to get through this month at staying the same:rolleyes:

Hi!

I first joined WW to lose weight before my 15th wedding anniversary cruise. Lost about 25 lbs. Since then, I gained about 15 lbs back, although I've been faithful in attending meetings. I'm back on board though, because we're going on a family Alaska cruise in June, & I'm tired of maintaining, which I've done for a long time. The hardest thing for me to do is track. It's a lot easier in the week when I'm at work, & food is limited. We got our new PP info at yesterday's meeting, & I started at 173 when this current session began (still 10 lbs less than when I began 7.5 years ago!). So, my 5%, I've been told, is 9 lbs. My mini goal for the week is to keep tracking thru Friday, at least! If I can track beyond that, BONUS! I would track w/e-tools, but I don't have my own computer at home, & I don't have a smartphone. So, I need to be accountable on my own, w/no electronics! Obviously, I do have computer access at work, but I really shouldn't spend much of my work time doing "me" things during work time. Sigh.

Anyway, being accountable here will help my efforts, too, I believe. Thanks for letting me unload!

Sara

We rec'd our new PP info last night at the meeting too. I lost .4lbs this week. I am losing about .5 to 1.0 per week but I am one of those that would like to see more coming off a week 1.5 to 2 would be fine. we cruise in mid jan. I know I will not be to my goal. hoping for at least 10% though. But even when we return I will keep going at it. I have use this cruise to help motivate me and it has done just that. Good luck to you, Sara, and everyone else this week.

Smart Ones Chicken Santa Fe for lunch today...3 PP!!!! And it's one of my faves! Can't get much better than that! Now for a HoneyCrisp apple for dessert!

Funny, but yesterday & today I have been complimented on how much weight I've lost. Well, these people have only known me since AFTER the initial weight loss. Must be the clothes. Chico's is what I wear primarily, & I guess I've just found the right combo! For the past 6 months - 1 year, I've been staying between the same 5 lbs. THAT will be changing soon, though. I'm sticking to plan, & getting back to my "wogging" (walking/jogging). My next 1/2 marathon is 5/5/12. Between tracking & training, I plan to actually LOSE this time WHILE training!

I’m one of those who needs to weigh every morning before my shower. I know that the WW scale is about 2 lbs more than my home scale, so I use my home weight as my base.

SW (Original) 183

CW 166.6 (not as evil as it sounds!)

GW 145

Smart Ones Chicken Santa Fe for lunch today...3 PP!!!! And it's one of my faves! Can't get much better than that! Now for a HoneyCrisp apple for dessert!

Funny, but yesterday & today I have been complimented on how much weight I've lost. Well, these people have only known me since AFTER the initial weight loss. Must be the clothes. Chico's is what I wear primarily, & I guess I've just found the right combo! For the past 6 months - 1 year, I've been staying between the same 5 lbs. THAT will be changing soon, though. I'm sticking to plan, & getting back to my "wogging" (walking/jogging). My next 1/2 marathon is 5/5/12. Between tracking & training, I plan to actually LOSE this time WHILE training!

I’m one of those who needs to weigh every morning before my shower. I know that the WW scale is about 2 lbs more than my home scale, so I use my home weight as my base.

SW (Original) 183

CW 166.6 (not as evil as it sounds!)

GW 145

I will have to try that Chicken Santa Fe, sounds tasty. I am with you as to weighing at home in the AM. My scale is also 2 lbs less than at the meeting.

Hi, everyone, my DH (Don) and I don't cruise till Sept. 2012 but I knew I needed to do something drastic way before that! I was a lifer years ago but of course life got in the way and now I'm back. I don't get my new PP program until tomorrow. I do track on the computer and was surprised when my daily points went from 29 to 26! I'll see tomorrow if it starts to make more sense.

Sherri