Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

Second weigh in today and only down .6lb. I stuck to my points all week and only used 6 of my 49!! Hope it shows next week. At least I have until April 14 to get where I want. Funny thing is that I feel a lot small.

Stick to your plans and you will succeed. I have my fave sundress hanging in my dining room for inspiration!:D

I have stayed on plan all through the holiday season and I am down 12.8 lbs. I average 08 lbs a week. Some weeks I am down 1+ and some weeks .2. So everyone keep your chin up and you will win! I know that in 17 weeks I can't loose all the weight I need to but I am shooting for 20 more pounds and I will feel better than I do now! I guess I need to book another cruise for my incentive for the rest of the weight I plan to lose. Happy Monday everyone.

I know what ya mean about the chocolate, I have found if I have a cup of low-sugar hot chocolate, it helps fill me up and satisfies my chocolate craving. Also, sometimes I have regular hot chocolate at night with those late night hunger cravings, it's only 2 points. Keep up the good work!:)

I am a chocolate lover too. I found the Chocolate drizzle mini-rice cakes to do the trick. I found the Fit & Active brand- Smores flavor at Aldi. They are sold in a box with 6 individual bags. Only 2 pts per bag. If you do not have an Aldi, then try the Quacker Brand that is sold at most grocery stores. I am not a fan of the other flavors of rice cakes but the mini chocolate drizzle one's are really good and hit the spot when nothing else but chocolate will do.

:):)

Hi again friends!

Thank you for the kind words and encouragement! I had to miss Saturday's meeting b/c of the snow, but went on Sunday morning, so all is good. Down 1.4# for my birthday week... I'll take it!

FINALLY less than 10# to goal! Waa Hoo~ :p

My "go to" chocolate is mini York Peppermint Patties. 3 mini patties for 4 points. If I stay within my points, they are the last food to touch my lips before bed at night! ;)

Tried LOTS of new foods (eating AND cooking) this week... roasted butternut squash, tilapia, whole wheat couscous. If only you knew me, you'd then know how amazing that is!!! I probably wouldn't order the tilapia again, but I can at least say I've tried it!

Ice cream party in our classroom at school today. I chose not to indulge. The other teachers are like "What? You don't like ice cream?" I said "No, that's the problem!"

I hope you all are doing well, and staying strong!

A~

I have been doing WWPoints Plus since August 28, 2011. The weight has come off slowly but steady. Lost 20 pounds before my December 2011 cruise...gained 2 pounds on the cruise and lost it once we returned. Hopefully I can loose another 20 pounds before April 2012 for my Hawaii cruise. Have been overweight since I was listed as "obese" at age 3...so I will be happy just to have my weight start with a 1##.

Height: 5"7

HW: 265

SW: 225

CW: 195

GW: 175

Sixgrlsrenuf, .8 avg. is great. Your success is encouraging to me.

Congratulations, Just4kixx, for being less than 10# from goal.

Realmccoy, taking off your gained weight right away is wonderful. On my last two cruises I put on 5 pounds each time and didn't take the pounds off, but added to it. I am glad you shared your dedication and perserverance with us. It inspires me to keep pressing toward my goal and if there are set backs along the way, take the pounds off immediately.

Not a good week. Scale shows +1, but I'm not sure if that's from overindulging on Friday or due to PMS bloating. We had theatre tickets for Friday and ate at Cheesecake Factory beforehand and I was NOT good and am sure I blew through all my extra weekly points. Am making sure to be better this week though. I am taking the dog quail hunting Sunday and I'm looking forward to being able to add 4 or 5 straight hours of hiking to my activity points to the total for the week!

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.006387,-94.591558

Hello everyone,

I started WW in April 2011 and I weighed 193. In October 2011 I got to 170 and then it all went down from there. The holidays happened, October, November and December I gained 9 pounds back. I was out of control !!!!

My husband and I have been married for 5 years now and never had a honeymoon. We got married during 2 horrible hurricanes in Louisiana. Needless to say our honeymoon was cancelled. Anyway my husband surprised me with a cruise for this April so I have officially started WW again.

I started 2 weeks ago at 179 and I am now down to 174. I am happy with it but would LOVE to get down lower. I cannot even stomach putting a bathing suit on. Which brings me to another question that I hope some of you women can help me with. I dont know how else to say it but just blurt it out.. Where do fully busted women get a bathing suit:rolleyes: ????

I would be willing to encourage anyone or you encourage me. Doing this alone is extremely difficult. When you have someone to answer to it makes it so much easier....Also just to swap what you eat, we all seem to get in ruts.

Hello everyone,

I started WW in April 2011 and I weighed 193. In October 2011 I got to 170 and then it all went down from there. The holidays happened, October, November and December I gained 9 pounds back. I was out of control !!!!

My husband and I have been married for 5 years now and never had a honeymoon. We got married during 2 horrible hurricanes in Louisiana. Needless to say our honeymoon was cancelled. Anyway my husband surprised me with a cruise for this April so I have officially started WW again.

I started 2 weeks ago at 179 and I am now down to 174. I am happy with it but would LOVE to get down lower. I cannot even stomach putting a bathing suit on. Which brings me to another question that I hope some of you women can help me with. I dont know how else to say it but just blurt it out.. Where do fully busted women get a bathing suit:rolleyes: ????

I would be willing to encourage anyone or you encourage me. Doing this alone is extremely difficult. When you have someone to answer to it makes it so much easier....Also just to swap what you eat, we all seem to get in ruts.

I am a 38DD and found a good bathing suit at Nordstrom. It was a little pricey but very-very well made. It has a turquoise-blue and white striped tankini top and black boy-short bottoms. With having the striped top and black bottoms, I was able to buy some single tops and bottoms of different colors and mix & match. Once in a blue-moon, Target will have some tops that will fit. I think the larger sized tops sell rather quickly so it's just a matter of finding them. The tankini top works great for me as it has a small built in bra that is hidden. This type suit also works well for snorkeling and water sports. It keeps everything in place. ;)

My top is very close to this one. http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/tommy-bahama-twilight-stripe-halter-tankini-top/3192290?origin=category&resultback=3383

Here are the bottoms, you can get it skirted or non-skirted. Both are cute but I like the boy-shorts w/o the skirt.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/miraclesuit-skirted-swim-bottoms/2914167?origin=category&resultback=2165

They also have some really cut one piece suits and cover-ups too.

As you can see, the prices are high but I can tell you that they are very well made and will last you several seasons. Getting a solid bottom will also allow you to mix and match to make more than one suit.

Congrats on your loss.

Cari

:)

You might also look at Dillard's. The past few years the stores here have carried a line of swimsuits sized by bra sizes and most of their tankini tops have underwires built in (the brand is coco something - can't remember exactly off the top of my head). I am a DD and that is pretty much the only brand of swimsuit I have found with enough support in a tankini style top.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.006378,-94.591595

Hello everyone,

Try justmysize.com

I started ww online in mid-Nov and have lost 18 pounds! I have another 30 more to go to get to my ultimate goal but am determined to make it. In terms of swim suits-I would recommend a Miricle suit. They have some sized by your bra size and some come with underwire.

Happy Sunday,

Well after last Sunday's football happy hour where I drank my extra weekly points up in margarita's :p I was afraid I would not lose any this week, so I stuck strictly to the plan the rest of the week keeping all my points intact. I even passed up a chocolate birthday sheetcake at work Friday and at weigh in this morning I had LOST 1.4 lbs.! :) I love WW's! That makes 6.4 lbs or 25 sticks of butter, I like visuals, since Jan 11 so I am pleased.

Happy to see all the weight loss here, we can do this! I went last night and bought a few clothes and some spring-like flip-flops, I am a flip-flop girl,;) got some pink, turquoise and black/crystals bling and bracelets to match! Going to use them on my cruise, going to book for Memorial day week since Uncle Sam was kind enough to give me back some $$$this year! :rolleyes:

I am missing my peanut butter, so at the advice from someone on WW blog I ordered some PB2 from Amazon last week so should get it sometime this week. I ordered the powder and the cookies and also some shirataki noodles. I like stir-fry (and it has no points) I also tried some veggie chips last night from Publix, pretty good,going to use a few on my salads, kinda of like potato chips. Going to also try a new recipe today and bake a WW mexican casserole. Trying to keep variety in the diet so as not to get bored.

Hope everyone has a great week, it's a new week and I BELIEVE!

Happy Sailing,

Great Job Keystone mama!

My WI was a "stay the same" number. At first I was alittle disheartened because I DID work the plan, track my points and stayed within my TDA points...I didn't even use any of my 49 points.

Then I started reflecting about my journey. From August 6 through the end of December, I lost 40 pounds! That's ALOT of weight!!! Since that date, only 3.8 pounds... I guess it HAD to slow down sometime, right?

So, directly from the meeting I went to my local TJ Maxx. Loaded up my cart with size 12 and size 10 pants and jeans and went to the fitting room. Then I had my own little party trying on pants!!! Used to be (when I was wearing 18s and 16Ws back in August) that I dreaded trying on clothes, especially pants! :eek: So today, I walked out with 2 pairs of size 10 pants! totally turned my mood around!!! I think the last time I was able to wear a size 10 was about 13 years ago???

I hope you all are doing well and working the plan so that it works for you!!! I'd love to hear more of your stories! Have a Super Sunday!

Annette~

hi everybody,

I've been on WW since Jan. 2011. From then to June 2011, i lost about 20, then i got pregnant, then i lost the baby at 21 weeks (sad story, obviously) and now I'm back on to get to my ultimate goal of 135 (i'm still far off from that) or unless I get preggo again, which i really hope I do.

I love WW. It is reasonable, well structured and its easy to be successful. You just have to be conscious of what you're doing - I think that's where my troubles came - grab it, go, don't think about it...

Anyway, I've lost another 7 since joining at the beginning of the year.

Good luck to everyone!

Hi all,

My 11 day cruise to the Caribbean is in mid march. So far, I'm doing okay on the points plus program(slow but steady wins the race, right!) but I'm a bit nervous about the cruise. I'm looking for specific pointers, other than the obvious, that fellow cruisers can offer about how they kept to the program or found good choices onboard. Thanks so much!

Believe it or not, I was in Kohl's last week and something told me to take a look at the swimsuit section because the good one's go quick. I found too suits that I love. They are have tummy control but no underwire. I was skeptical at first but when I tried them on there is a large / strong band that really does offer great support. The suits were over $100 dollars a piece but they were on sale for $79 and then I also had 20% off too. Still a little more than I would have liked to have spent but I looked great so it was well worth it. I almost orded a miralce suit from Victoria's Secret that was just as much as I paid for the 2 swimsuits at Khol's....I am so glad that I didn't. Good Luck bathing suit shopping.

Edited by DeeDee1234

Hey all, I just came across this Post and would like to join it. I have been on (and off) WW for around 1-1/2 years and it seems like I am at a stand still as far as weight loss goes. I thought maybe a little more help can't hurt. I was 178 then with a goal of getting down to 150 and got down to 156 last April. Then went up to 163 and now down to 162. I weigh myself every morning. I like to do that so I know where I am at and no weekly surprises. Yes, It sound a little fanatical but I believe it's best to be a little (Just a little) to stay on target.

Here is my usual daily routine. I eat a banana, apple, carrot, & a teaspoon of fresh ginger smoothie with water every morning (0) points) and for lunch I usually have frozen veggies with or without the cheese sauce (the WW approved type with about 4 points total) when I get home is another thing I eat I think out of boredom. Mostly whole wheat bread with jelly or bowl of whole grain cereal like honey nut Cheerios with light soy milk. and I eat a healthy to semi healthy dinner usually with brown rice (all within the WW guidelines) Then on weekend I cheat a little but again usually within the WW guidelines. I know I need to exercise but only maybe 5 times a month on average.

I cannot figure out though when people say they have a hard time reaching their daily 29 points. Either I'm doing something wrong or I lack the imagination to come of with things to eat that are not point makers. Maybe I'll try another smoothie in the afternoon, I like fruit but do tend not to eat it whole I would rather it in a drink. I would love to get to my goal by our July cruise. I am fearful that I will gain too much back.

So that's my story, My name is Chris, Can I come and play with you all? :)

Edited by believer33323

Are you sure you are eating enough during the day? I'm not an expert but eating more during the day will keep your metabolism going rather than eating the bulk of your points on an evening. I hope you get to goal soon :)

Hey all, I just came across this Post and would like to join it. I have been on (and off) WW for around 1-1/2 years and it seems like I am at a stand still as far as weight loss goes. I thought maybe a little more help can't hurt. I was 178 then with a goal of getting down to 150 and got down to 156 last April. Then went up to 163 and now down to 162. I weigh myself every morning. I like to do that so I know where I am at and no weekly surprises. Yes, It sound a little fanatical but I believe it's best to be a little (Just a little) to stay on target.

Here is my usual daily routine. I eat a banana, apple, carrot, & a teaspoon of fresh ginger smoothie with water every morning (0) points) and for lunch I usually have frozen veggies with or without the cheese sauce (the WW approved type with about 4 points total) when I get home is another thing I eat I think out of boredom. Mostly whole wheat bread with jelly or bowl of whole grain cereal like honey nut Cheerios with light soy milk. and I eat a healthy to semi healthy dinner usually with brown rice (all within the WW guidelines) Then on weekend I cheat a little but again usually within the WW guidelines. I know I need to exercise but only maybe 5 times a month on average.

I cannot figure out though when people say they have a hard time reaching their daily 29 points. Either I'm doing something wrong or I lack the imagination to come of with things to eat that are not point makers. Maybe I'll try another smoothie in the afternoon, I like fruit but do tend not to eat it whole I would rather it in a drink. I would love to get to my goal by our July cruise. I am fearful that I will gain too much back.

So that's my story, My name is Chris, Can I come and play with you all? :)

Hi everyone!

I originally found this post in November shortly after joining WW. Since then I've been losing and gaining the same 10 pounds for the past 2 months and had stopped going to WW meetings. Well 2 weeks ago I got serious and lost 9 pounds last week at my second meeting since returning to WW! I won the Biggest Loser trophy for that week. I would like to participate in this group to het ready for my upcoming cruise May 15th. I also have another reason to lose. I recently became engaged and the cruise has now turned into my honeymoom!:) I'm marrying a wonderful man and I want to look good when we get married May 12. Just having a small ceremony at the justice of the peace. Live the points plus program and the idea of eating unlimited fruits and 0 point veggies. I'm really trying to stay on point. Walk everyday for 30-60 minutes and tomorrow I will start a fitness Bootcamp. Looking forward to sharing ideas,tips and losing pounds with everyone.

Karen

Hi everyone!

I originally found this post in November shortly after joining WW. Since then I've been losing and gaining the same 10 pounds for the past 2 months and had stopped going to WW meetings. Well 2 weeks ago I got serious and lost 9 pounds last week at my second meeting since returning to WW! I won the Biggest Loser trophy for that week. I would like to participate in this group to het ready for my upcoming cruise May 15th. I also have another reason to lose. I recently became engaged and the cruise has now turned into my honeymoom!:) I'm marrying a wonderful man and I want to look good when we get married May 12. Just having a small ceremony at the justice of the peace. Live the points plus program and the idea of eating unlimited fruits and 0 point veggies. I'm really trying to stay on point. Walk everyday for 30-60 minutes and tomorrow I will start a fitness Bootcamp. Looking forward to sharing ideas,tips and losing pounds with everyone.

Karen

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

I love weightwatchers too, whenever I put weight on I always return to the system. It works very, very well for me.

One month in...and I'm down to 200lbs!!! for a total of nearly 15 pounds! YEAH!!! Now, I have about another 25-30 to go....

My motivation....a whole new wardrobe and a 'great' body to put it it...in time for swimsuit season and our cruise...Still have 8 months to go....

:D

Hi there,

I've been scrolling through this thread reading some of your success stories - so glad to see that WW is working for my fellow cruisers!! I just started it for the first time about a week ago, because I've had 2 not-very-successful attempts at regular old calorie-counting dieting since last April, and so many have told me that WW has worked for them.

My wedding is on a cruise in May... so not only do I want to look good in my bathing suit but I have to make sure my dress fits (hopefully without the help of Spanx but we'll see! LOL)

My timeline is so short since the wedding is coming up fast that I'm not setting a specific goal - just going to keep going until the wedding cruise and see how far I get. My big downfall with dieting is not following it through so I'm hoping joining this thread will keep me in line!