Is it Live or is it Memorex?- Allure of the Seas Review September 18-25 with Pics!

nenner1

We very much enjoyed the show-especially of course, the kids. But as you can see in the videos a LOT of the adults got into it too. I didn’t even realize that I was dancing along as well until I came home and watched the videos (sorry about that!) I really think this is another one of those don’t miss shows. And we got VERY lucky too…usually this show is performed twice, back to back at noon and 1:30 or so on the last Sea Day (on the Eastern- Western may be different). But due to the high seas and “inclement” weather (it still wasn’t raining) the second showing was first postponed, and eventually cancelled.

There’s still so much to come from our last day onboard including the Flash Mob, a character scramble and more! Stay tuned!

Can you tell me how long this show lasted? I had originally planned to do Giovanni's for lunch at 12:00 this day, but now will reschedule because I don't want to miss this show. We are doing Eastern. Maybe I'll schedule lunch for 1:30.

Quick question: Were chocolate shakes are included in character breakfast or was there a charge?

I've read several reviews saying they were included. I also read that they were more like chocolate milk, then milkshakes. Nenner1, what was your experience with the milkshakes?

Nennerl:

Great pics and review...I don't think the change in camera stopped the wonderful shots you were able to capture...I have used some of them in mine..

Awesome! :cool:

So are all of the Character Breakfasts Free? Since I didn't have any little ones sailing in my cabin I didn't pay much attention to this.

Yes they are! And you can book more than one. A bit of controversy about that (there was abig thread here a few weeks ago) but yes..it can be done.

thx so much for taking all the time to do this...hope to sail with you and your wonderful family one day...

Would LOVE to!!! :D

I have a couple of videos I'd like to post..can you tell me how you get the pic in the review that we click on to see the video? thx much...

Sure' date=' I use Photobucket and it's so easy- just like uploading a picture- follow all the same steps and once it's uploaded just lick int he IMG box (the bottom one of the four little boxes of code to copy and paste)...you'll notice when it is just a picture it starts out with [img'] but when it is a video it starts out with - Photobucket does all the work for you, just copy and paste that code and it embeds just like a picture. (I just wish it played in the thread, it does open up in another window, that's the only downside).

Hope that helps!!! :)

Sure can, it lasted 30 minutes from actual show start to finish. Of course you have to arrive a bit early to get seats, and the learning the dance part. But the actual show is a half-hour long. If you did reschedule lunch for 1:30 you can do both no problem! :)

I haven't the slightest clue what in the world happened to everyone! Maybe the 70's party knocked them all out?!?!? LOL! ;)

Quick question: Were chocolate shakes are included in character breakfast or was there a charge?

I've read several reviews saying they were included. I also read that they were more like chocolate milk, then milkshakes. Nenner1, what was your experience with the milkshakes?

Sure, yes they are free and included as part of the Chocolate Menu at the Character Breakfast. :D

My opinion on the taste: I only had a sip but these are NOT Johnny Rockets milkshakes! They have a somewhat icy consistency- I agree with the above statement, they taste like icy chocolate milk. I don't think they really have any ice cream in them- it seemed more like chocolate milk and ice blended together.

The kids had no complaints though! ;)

Awesome review, great pics, looks like you and the fam had a great time.

Thanks so much for reading, it was an amazing time!!!! :)

What a fantastic review - absolutely the best I've ever seen - and so many people must feel this way - it's got over 84,000 views. Thanks for sharing your vacation with us - we'll be on Allure in February and now have so many things I HAVE to see on the ship - THANK YOU!:)

Thanks for the review ..... because of the discussion of lunch times, I now have a question...

Do we make reservations for lunch at the specialty restaurants? From the discussion above, it appears it can be done. HMMMM this is another level of decisions to be made.

Any advice? Thanks again. JanO

Another question.... All the talk about "Quest". What is it and does one do any planning to be able to see/play? When is it - we are on Feb 26 W. Carib cruise. Thanks JanO

Quest is a secret. It's sort of an unwritten rule not to give too much away so as to not ruin it. Suffice to say its a game that requires audience participation. If you've never seen it, you should go. It's usually late like 11 or so late in cruise.

Great update! Your kids are cuties! :)

Aww thanks! Thanksgving and your turn on Oasis is ALMOST HERE! Squee! :D

What a fantastic review - absolutely the best I've ever seen - and so many people must feel this way - it's got over 84,000 views. Thanks for sharing your vacation with us - we'll be on Allure in February and now have so many things I HAVE to see on the ship - THANK YOU!:)

Oh my gosh, I know....if it hits 100,000 I think I'll faint! Crazy! I'm thrilled so many people have found it useful and/or entertaining!!

And I'm so glad I was able to help you plan your cruise in February! It's going to be AMAZING!:)

Thanks for the review ..... because of the discussion of lunch times, I now have a question...

Do we make reservations for lunch at the specialty restaurants? From the discussion above, it appears it can be done. HMMMM this is another level of decisions to be made.

Any advice? Thanks again. JanO

Hi JanO! :)

Yes, lunch reservations can be made for some specialty restaurants like Giovanni's. FWIW I don't think it's too hard to get in the specialty restaurants at lunch, especially Giovanni's and Rita's, so you could get away with playing that by ear still I think! :)

Thanks so much for reading!!!

Another question.... All the talk about "Quest". What is it and does one do any planning to be able to see/play? When is it - we are on Feb 26 W. Carib cruise. Thanks JanO

Quest is a secret. It's sort of an unwritten rule not to give too much away so as to not ruin it. Suffice to say its a game that requires audience participation. If you've never seen it, you should go. It's usually late like 11 or so late in cruise.

LOL! Yeah and I couldn't say much if I wanted to since we have yet to be able to make it to one....:p

On the Eastern it is held on St. Thomas night (Night 4) and ours was at 11:45 PM with an arrival of 11:15 listed in the compass if you want to participate.

Even if you don't want to participate though- I've read it is a RIOT to watch!

And you don't have to play along, you can just go and watch. ;)

I saw something similar (but more toned down I think) on Disney Cruise line and it was SO MUCH FUN!! Definitely go to the Quest if you can!!!

It's also recommended for 18+. Which is why it's so late at night. It's lots of fun, but what some people will do for a plastic key chain!! (A team I was on one year came in third, and, yes, I do still have my bronze medal, thank you very much!)

Thanks for explaining. Will put Quest on the things to do (means I need to take a nap to be able to stay up late!!!) I'm enjoying getting to know the Allure via CC and all the neat reviews. I think it is definitely a "different" experience just by the planning aspect. Thanks. JanO

We arrived right on time, and it turns out most of our group had assembled and we headed for the taxi to take us to the marina. The taxi ride to Oyster Pond took about 20 minutes. Once we arrived at the dock, we took care of a little bit of paperwork, paid the remaining balance, and got fitted for our gear. It was so much easier to do this here than on the boat!

Is this the taxi that is prearranged? Did you tip on top of the $12/pp fee?

Aww thanks! Thanksgving and your turn on Oasis is ALMOST HERE! Squee! :D

I know! Finally! :p

We just got back from a long weekend at WDW for Veteran's Day. The parks were packed! I have so much catching up to do around the house, packing, and at work I am afraid I might not make it back to the thread. I want to thank you for such amazing info and pictures and for taking us along on your cruise. I've enjoyed it because I really think the planning is half the fun -- but now I'm ready to GO! Thanks again to you and Ron. Hope to see you around the DIS! :cool:

Edited by metairiegal

Thank you so much for putting in the time and effort it took to share your great trip with us. Even if we didn't have a cruise on Allure coming up very shortly, we still would have enjoyed the review.

And we've gotten to where we feel as if we almost know your family. Your kids are our favorite cruising kids (next to ours of course).

You have a great family. :)

usually the inside door under the sink has a trash can....also smokers are ver limited tho where we can smoke and paying top dollar for a balcony can let us smoke. I do know that you can not smoke on boardwalk balcony rooms.