Lisbon - HOHO or tram

Loved it for touring. Only problem was trying to get back to our hotel after a long day of walking . . . the buses were all "full" and passed us by instead of stopping because there was no room on them for more passengers. As long as you can cope with such a situation (particularly on day #2 when you're trying to be back to port for sail away), you'll have no trouble. The guides onboard were good, the route was good, the seating on top was excellent! Enjoy your cruise. :)

On the tram WATCH for the pickpockets..that is their favorite place..as you take your money out to pay for the tix they see where you put it back. My husband caught his pick pocket's hand!! She was a gypsy and ready to pass it off to a guy..I screamed "Pickpockets" so all would be alerted. Close call. Sherry

We took the tram. Great way to see the city. Make sure you go up to the Castle St. George and Se Cathedral. Pay the few extra euro to go into the cloisters and see the dig in process.

The tram up to Alfama (to the Castle and Se Cathedral) must be experienced.

The cloisters, the dig and the Roman ruins were an unexpected high point for me, and I totally agree with you.

• 4 months later...

We took the yellow HOHO which includes the city transportation including the trams. It worked great and we got to see everything I wanted to and more.

I agree with watching for pick pockets, we didn't have a problem but others on the ship did. Two people caught the pickpocketer in the act and another person lost some money.

We took the yellow HOHO which includes the city transportation including the trams. It worked great and we got to see everything I wanted to and more.

I agree with watching for pick pockets, we didn't have a problem but others on the ship did. Two people caught the pickpocketer in the act and another person lost some money.

Thank you for coming back to let us know how your time in Lisbon was. I love that city and would really love to go back and spend more time. I am smitten!

Yes please watch the tram my hubby lost his money from his front trouser pocket, it was our own fault, we got taken by two very smart helpful fellow passengers..... were going to repeat it this year when we go back but wont be distracted this time. Enjoy Lisbon its a lovely city

Archived