Century dinner menu

kjoeb

As I understand it the menus are the same fleetwide, are pretty consistent, and may have occasional minor variances at times. Below I posed a link showing the fleet menus as of earlier this year. If you are on a 5-night cruise, usually it's the first five menus. If you're on a 7- or 10-night, it's the first 7 or 10 menus, etc. There is also a menu on the last page of this link showing the everyday MDR items available at dinner:

http://mercruiser.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/celebrity-menus-april-18-may-2-2011.pdf

And the original thread where you can see how little it has changed since that post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1247134

As I understand it the menus are the same fleetwide, are pretty consistent, and may have occasional minor variances at times. Below I posed a link showing the fleet menus as of earlier this year. If you are on a 5-night cruise, usually it's the first five menus. If you're on a 7- or 10-night, it's the first 7 or 10 menus, etc. There is also a menu on the last page of this link showing the everyday MDR items available at dinner:

http://mercruiser.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/celebrity-menus-april-18-may-2-2011.pdf

And the original thread where you can see how little it has changed since that post:

We were on Millie for that Panama Canal cruise;which was the 2nd in B2B2B cruises .we can attest to the fabulous food & service on all 3 of our cruises.:D:D:D

We were on Millie for that Panama Canal cruise;which was the 2nd in B2B2B cruises .we can attest to the fabulous food & service on all 3 of our cruises.:D:D:D

Great to hear! I will be on her for 10 days in Nov/Dec and have found the food on Celebrity very good. Admittingly I don't cruise every year so I don't have a basis of comparison like someone who cruises all the time.

I feel hungry.....................

Regards

Susan

Quick Question - I breezed through the menus - No Lobster?? I thought that was a Formal Night Staple? (Not that every night didn't look amazing & a tough decision? I have never sailed with Celebrity; so just asking?)

Quick Question - I breezed through the menus - No Lobster?? I thought that was a Formal Night Staple? (Not that every night didn't look amazing & a tough decision? I have never sailed with Celebrity; so just asking?)

There was 1/2 lobster tail with shrimp and scallops over lobster risotto on the last formal night. My DH said he's going to ask for the other half......LOL I wonder which menus won't be on the 12 night cruise.

is there a thread that has recent dinner menus for the century? thanks ken

We just returned from a Century Alaskan cruise three days ago. I can't give you the menus but can tell you some of our eating experiences. We found the Main Dining Room very nice for all three meals in terms of fantastic service and beautiful presentation of food--note that it is not open for lunch on sea days and sometimes not early enough on port days for breakfast if you have to get off early for a booked excursion. They have certain choices, from the left hand side of the menu, that are available every day and I especially enjoyed the shrimp cocktail, salmon dinner, and onion soup so if you don't find anything on the daily menu that suits you, you can fall back on that left side. We found the beef dishes just so-so, more tender if you ask for medium rare than for medium...Our main disappointment was the lobster night, a very tiny lobster tail and almost impossible to get out of the shell in my case (waiters don't do it for you like on some ships.) But the thin steak slices that were an option to go with it were tender and good. Also, we found the buffet very disappointing for lunches and dinners although breakfasts were very good in that you could get made-to-order omelets and other egg dishes and there was always lots of fresh cut up melons and pineapple. Another option, if you decide you've had too much gluttony, is the Aqua Cafe on the 11th floor for breakfast and lunch, with cereals (I love the Musilix which you can only get there), organic muffins, yogurts, fruits that aren't generally available at the buffet or MDR, light lunch options (we never ate there for lunch so can't tell you much) and extras like walnuts and dried cranberries. Oh, and although we generally don't waste ourselves on hamburgers during a cruise, the grilled burgers (with options of grilled onions and mushrooms) by the pool are absolutely delicious! Unlike some of the other lines, food is not readily available (except from room service) after about 9:30 PM, I believe it was, except for the pizza area of the buffet--I found out when trying to find a cookie after the evening show and ended up having a slice of pizza instead--oh, their pizza is quite good and it's all day, even breakfast pizzas!

Archived