princess new zealand cruises

gazbob

Hi everyone. This is my first post. :)

We are doing the new year cruise on the Diamond Princess departing Auckland on the 29th Dec.. could anybody tell me if the cruise lines go through Foveaux strait or go to the bottom of Stewart Island.

Gaz :confused:

Hi everyone. This is my first post. :)

We are doing the new year cruise on the Diamond Princess departing Auckland on the 29th Dec.. could anybody tell me if the cruise lines go through Foveaux strait or go to the bottom of Stewart Island.

Gaz :confused:

Hi Gaz,

Thanks for posting and welcome to Cruise Critic.

Yes.Diamond Princess travels through Foveaux Strait, between the mainland and Stewart Island.

As said above it will during the night, but it doesnt get dark till late down there.:D

When coming from Milford to Dunedin there is just enough light to see Stewart Island in the distance, and the other feature you will see is the aluminium smelter at Bluff which will be all lit up at night.

Hi all, I am going on the Sun Princess leaving Brissy on December 28 this year, travelling round trip to New Zealand. I have never been to NZ so I apologise if this is a silly question. Will I likely see any snow in New Zealand? I have never seen any.

We are first cruising down to Fiordland then up the East coast, with stops at Dunedin, Akaroa, Napier, Wellington, Tauranga with our last stop being Auckland. Which stops should I keep an eye out for snow?

Hi all, I am going on the Sun Princess leaving Brissy on December 28 this year, travelling round trip to New Zealand. I have never been to NZ so I apologise if this is a silly question. Will I likely see any snow in New Zealand? I have never seen any.

We are first cruising down to Fiordland then up the East coast, with stops at Dunedin, Akaroa, Napier, Wellington, Tauranga with our last stop being Auckland. Which stops should I keep an eye out for snow?

Hi Happy Chappy89,

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You are in for a great cruise,and a great way to see the New Year in.

No question on CC is silly. Re Snow in NZ in Dec?

The only snow you should see will be on the tops of the mountains in Fiordland....

any more than that and we had all better start worrying:D

Dunedin has had snow down to sea level this winter, but that wont be a worry in Dec.

We have done a similar cruise leaving Brisbane on 31st January, so even a bit later in the summer than your cruise. We saw patches of snow high on the mountains towering over Milford Sound so I think it is likely you will see more than we did. Have a great cruise. :)

Archived