Help needed Sunday football game DET vs DAL

justus3d

This Sunday Detroit will be playing Dallas @ 1 pm. Where can I see that game on Freedom of the Seas? I will be at the port at 11 and hopefully board soon after...want to have my seat watching the game till muster. Any suggestions? Oh by the way I am a LIONS fan.... Thanks!

:D:D:cool:

This Sunday Detroit will be playing Dallas @ 1 pm. Where can I see that game on Freedom of the Seas? I will be at the port at 11 and hopefully board soon after...want to have my seat watching the game till muster. Any suggestions? Oh by the way I am a LIONS fan.... Thanks!

My hubby is a huge Michigan fan and we have taken many cruises over Thanksgiving.....when they play Ohio State. It has been hit or miss. There have been times when he is able to get them to turn it on a tv and times they have not opened the sports bar until after the game has started. We have brought along our hand held tv and he has been able to watch if they are on a local channel in port.

Do you have a phone that you can download apps to watch it? I know there is an app that we can pay $11.99 per month to watch live tv on our iPhone. I think it was U-Verse.

Good luck...

They show the national games most of the time. Since the ship will be in port, a smart phone is the best bet if that game is not on. I am hoping for a different game to be on.

RCI insists/persists on tuning into the European sats for their feeds - even though free "C" band (which their system can do) are very available in the hemisphere.

They simply are not attuned to the American sports market.

I'd personally LOVE to be their satellite guy on a cruise! Give me a dish on stabilized gyros and I'll show you any game aboard ship you want to see without hacking or wearing an eye patch (I don't pirate).

Bottom line - if you want to see an important game get off the ship or stream it.

Sign me "tired of watching hurling or soccer during ANY major sports playoffs" (although, I do enjoy hurling!).

Ps: GO BEARS!

RCI insists/persists on tuning into the European sats for their feeds - even though free "C" band (which their system can do) are very available in the hemisphere.

They simply are not attuned to the American sports market.

I'd personally LOVE to be their satellite guy on a cruise! Give me a dish on stabilized gyros and I'll show you any game aboard ship you want to see without hacking or wearing an eye patch (I don't pirate).

Bottom line - if you want to see an important game get off the ship or stream it.

Sign me "tired of watching hurling or soccer during ANY major sports playoffs" (although, I do enjoy hurling!).

Ps: GO BEARS!

They generally show the national games on Sunday afternoon, the NBC Sunday night game and the ESPN Monday night NFL games. I believe that there are fees involved, similar to what local bars have to pay in order to show NFL games and thus they do not have their pick of the games. However, we have also been on a cruise ship in Nassau when the Patriots were playing the Dolphins in Miami ( not a national game) and the ship was showing the Cincinnati game. :(

I must say that on our recent Jewel Transatlantic cruise they were showing pre-taped ESPN programming including two week old Red Sox-Yankees games. Could have made a bundle since some of the people in the Sports Bar believed that because the word "LIVE" appeared on the screen, the games were going on at that very moment.

They generally show the national games on Sunday afternoon, the NBC Sunday night game and the ESPN Monday night NFL games. I believe that there are fees involved, similar to what local bars have to pay in order to show NFL games and thus they do not have their pick of the games. However, we have also been on a cruise ship in Nassau when the Patriots were playing the Dolphins in Miami ( not a national game) and the ship was showing the Cincinnati game. :(

I must say that on our recent Jewel Transatlantic cruise they were showing pre-taped ESPN programming including two week old Red Sox-Yankees games. Could have made a bundle since some of the people in the Sports Bar believed that because the word "LIVE" appeared on the screen, the games were going on at that very moment.

Actually, all live games are available (with no hacking involved or special codes - and no fees) if you want to find them on "C" band.

How do you think those games get from the stadium to the local and national feeds?

It ain't 2 tomato cans and a string.

They are uplinked via sat.

If you can see the sat from where you are (and you know how) you see the game (minus the commercials - which is pretty nice).

Again, I would LOVE to be the SAT-GUY on a fall/winter NFL cruise. You would see whatever game you wished - live.

I do it in my house - and the shipboard equip is so much better than mine.

It's isn't a matter of subscriptions or fees - I's a matter of caring about the events folks want to see and knowing enough to make it happen.

Sorry - when I cruise I sort of expect SPORTS in the sports bar!

I feel your joy for the Lions...I am an avid Bills fan. Maybe it is our time.Super Bowl matchup perhaps!!

Hope you get to see the game...I know I would hate to miss the Bills.

I am wondering if they show the games at a Bar on the ship? We are leaving on Oct. 9 FOS and I HAVE to watch the Monday night Bears Vs. Lions game:) Can anyone tell me where, besides my room, I can catch it? We are from Michigan and hubby is a huge Lions fan and I am a huge Bears fan so this is a MUST see game for us! Of course....we will DVR it at home but we like to watch it while it is being played:D

Actually, all live games are available (with no hacking involved or special codes - and no fees) if you want to find them on "C" band.

How do you think those games get from the stadium to the local and national feeds?

It ain't 2 tomato cans and a string.

They are uplinked via sat.

If you can see the sat from where you are (and you know how) you see the game (minus the commercials - which is pretty nice).

Again, I would LOVE to be the SAT-GUY on a fall/winter NFL cruise. You would see whatever game you wished - live.

I do it in my house - and the shipboard equip is so much better than mine.

It's isn't a matter of subscriptions or fees - I's a matter of caring about the events folks want to see and knowing enough to make it happen.

Sorry - when I cruise I sort of expect SPORTS in the sports bar!

What you suggest may be technically possible, but I suspect that the NFL or the TV networks would, at the very least, impose serious sanctions on anyone, especially a major cruise line, that circumvented the normal procedures and show programming that is not in compliance with their rules. Doing it in your home, where there might be little or no adverse consequences, (you are, after all, small potatoes to the NFL and the networks) might be quite different from doing it on a cruise ship where the networks and sports organizations derive significant revenue from their licensing procedures.:rolleyes:

I feel your joy for the Lions...I am an avid Bills fan. Maybe it is our time.Super Bowl matchup perhaps!!

Hope you get to see the game...I know I would hate to miss the Bills.

Congrats on your teams success (fingers crossed) this year too! It's nice to finally have a lot to cheer for.

Archived