2008 Booking Certificates

I just found two Royal Caribbean Next Cruise Certificates that I purchased onboard the Explorer in 2008. I spoke to a C&A rep and she wasn't sure of the advantages of having these booking certificates that were issued before May 2010. I know that they are combinable some how and I think I can continue to get price adjustments after final payment, but I'm not sure.

Help please!! Anyone out there remember what's the rules for 2008?

I just found two Royal Caribbean Next Cruise Certificates that I purchased onboard the Explorer in 2008. I spoke to a C&A rep and she wasn't sure of the advantages of having these booking certificates that were issued before May 2010. I know that they are combinable some how and I think I can continue to get price adjustments after final payment, but I'm not sure.

Help please!! Anyone out there remember what's the rules for 2008?

If your certificates were purchased before 7/1/2008, they are golden! All combinations are allowed (shareholder OBC, C&A OBC, C&A balcony discount, and C&A savings certificate), and price drops until 72 hours before sailing are given back as credits to the credit card.

After 7/1/2008 you lose the ability to combine the C&A savings certificate.

No other changes in 2008.

Lucky you! :D Everything Bob said, and you might have to remind them when you call...that you are eligible for all the discounts and credits right up until (72 hrs before) sailing. Congratulations.

I think I might have remembered mine and wished that I had purchased several more. :D We used all of ours.

Me too! I found a certificate I bought in 2009 and used it to purchase my first solo cruise in December. We're after final payment, but when the prices dropped the other day, I was able to upgrade from a D1 to a Junior Suite (sweet!) because the new rules regarding no price breaks after final payment didn't begin until 2010.

You can be sure I'll continue to watch for drops every single day until the window closes on my cruise!

Thank you you!

Sadly they were purchased 9/2008 but that is still great - the price drops until final payment will probably make up for the loss. Now I have to pick a couple of cruises to use them on..... ;)

I'm quite sure the ruling date was bumped to September 2008, after the fact (and a LOT of fuss) (I have a 9/08 in action which is being honored) -

remember balcony discounts and OBCs were different (no D+) - :o ADV OBCs and diamond balcony discounts were HIGHER for a 9 day then current ones -

buy stock - select a 9 day and max out - I think the certificates still will work too.

wiser heads, please prevail - thanks to anyone who can add to this

- and enjoy your discovery - Nan

I'm quite sure the ruling date was bumped to September 2008, after the fact (and a LOT of fuss) (I have a 9/08 in action which is being honored) -

remember balcony discounts and OBCs were different (no D+) - :o ADV OBCs and diamond balcony discounts were HIGHER for a 9 day then current ones -

buy stock - select a 9 day and max out - I think the certificates still will work too.

wiser heads, please prevail - thanks to anyone who can add to this

- and enjoy your discovery - Nan

IIRC it was actually extended to Dec. 31, 2008.....we were on a Grandeur cruise in November 2008 and we didn't buy any certificates onboard because of the change! When we returned home we learned that they had changed the date to the end of the year and we should have stocked up! We were disappointed, to say the least. :rolleyes:

Me too! I found a certificate I bought in 2009 and used it to purchase my first solo cruise in December. We're after final payment, but when the prices dropped the other day, I was able to upgrade from a D1 to a Junior Suite (sweet!) because the new rules regarding no price breaks after final payment didn't begin until 2010.

You can be sure I'll continue to watch for drops every single day until the window closes on my cruise!

Thank you you!

Sadly they were purchased 9/2008 but that is still great - the price drops until final payment will probably make up for the loss. Now I have to pick a couple of cruises to use them on..... ;)

Mine was purchased in 7/2008 and I just converted it to a booking on the Oasis:D so does this mean that I am entitled to price drops even after final payment??

I was thinking about booking the Allure since I have already done the Oasis.....My sister called C&A and she has one too! we are considering doing a B2B on Allure like we did on Oasis....

Thank you for the info everyone, I will probably post again asking for advice in choosing a cruise.....any and all help is greatly appreciated.

I was booked on a 14 night cruise with one of those golden certificates, but couldn't travel on that date. I rebooked another 14 night cruise at a later date with the same booking number. I've since found some specials of OBC and or Free Dinner's being offered through some of the website agencys. Usually my TA would investegate any offers and try to get them for me. This time he's saying:

Your were originally booked into a promotional group to get you group amenities, your existing reservation had to be transferred out the the promotional group to change the ship and sailing date, as you requested. Once a reservation is transferred out of a Royal Caribbean

group, it can no longer be included into another group, so you are not eligible to be included into another promotional group, so you are not eligible for any other amenities, you are only eligible for the on-board booking shipboard credit.

Does this make sense to anyone?? The booking number itself didn't change. This was all done over 90 days before sailing.

Archived